List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

This whole Owies thing is bizarre and I canā€™t get my head around it.

Thought we were making him wait to tie up other things but looks like we want to trade him?

Why?

I donā€™t rate him that highly but geez itā€™s ballsy considering our small fwd stocks.

My mate who supports an opposition team said he reckons Owies doesnā€™t celebrate with his teammates enough, and they noticeably interact weirdly with him.

I didnā€™t see it, but I dunno maybe something in it, because itā€™s a genuinely weird move here.
When we lost to Adelaide early in the year Owies ran into the open goal and stuffed up and kicked dirt instead of ball just outside goal square right in front.
A few the senior players were not happy with him and voiced there opinion with him after match. "Bloody Owies"; etc I heard them.
Things have festered since then.

When we lost to Adelaide early in the year Owies ran into the open goal and stuffed up and kicked dirt instead of ball just outside goal square right in front.
A few the senior players were not happy with him and voiced there opinion with him after match. "Bloody Owies"; etc I heard them.
Things have festered since then.
Donā€™t worry about Kemp and Williams dropping a chest mark or the rest of the team giving 2 goals from i50 stoppages with 2 minutes to go

Seems he was pretty bang on, all but 1 (Durdin) confirmed by the club.

Whatever the message was, his information was closer to the mark than what you'd heard, apparently. Maybe that message was for the 2 that haven't yet been delisted rather than the broader list.

Maybe he had information or maybe he just had a guess (as quite often people do on this site).

Marchbank, Cuningham, Akuei, Mirkov, Durdin, Carroll have been the most obvious candidates for delistings for near on 10+ rounds and all but confirmed well prior to this. Even then he missed two out of six anyway.

I don't know the guy but this constant habit, almost obsession, on this site to try to spring a 'gotcha' moment on genuine posters that have a track record of providing accurate information throughout their time (including most recently a TDK sub call that everyone completely dismissed / ridiculed) is getting really tiresome.

Almost like they're waiting for any opportunity to go "Hah! See - your information was clearly wrong!" - it is quite unhelpful and unecessary, especially if your'e not the poster who posted the original information that was questioned. Really explains why many posters over the years that had genuine information to share have departed these boards.

He was picked - Freo took him in the mid season draft two years ago. They just delisted him.

Not sure what happened re: coaching while he was there, but never really fulfilled his potential.
What happened is that he did his ACL right as he was building form. Kicked 6 goals in the WAFL and a couple weeks later did his knee.

Literally nothing more than that. Except now heā€™s being Amiss, Treacy, Jackson and Voss in the same position. All of whom are at least 2 years younger than him.

What happened is that he did his ACL right as he was building form. Kicked 6 goals in the WAFL and a couple weeks later did his knee.

Literally nothing more than that. Except now heā€™s being Amiss, Treacy, Jackson and Voss in the same position. All of whom are at least 2 years younger than him.
Can he play down back?

We clearly have list management holes and some structural deficiencies but itā€™s also promising to see we did beat 3 of this seasons 4 preliminary finalists during the season so we arenā€™t far off it when we get it together

Donā€™t remember the last time we beat 3 of the top 4 teams in any one season

(last season we beat 2 out of 3 which was also pretty good)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We clearly have list management holes and some structural deficiencies but itā€™s also promising to see we did beat 3 of this seasons 4 preliminary finalists during the season so we arenā€™t far off it when we get it together

3-4 pieces and natural development of some others away from being a proper contender imo. I think most of that can be accomplished this off season if we play our cards right but the KPD hole may be a step beyond reach with the capital we have.

Will need to have far better output from our high performance team though

I would trade Owies too while he seems to be the flavour of the month and we could possibly get something for him or assist in the Houston deal.

He is limited ,we know it......... Forward defensive pressure is next to zero, a horrible field kick, not quick and can be a shocking decision maker.

A very good set shot for goal and can find space. THAT IS ALL!

I feel the club are on the same wavelength hence no deal as yet.
extremely harsh.

Especially when the points of comparison are Motlop, Fantasia and Durdin....

From memory, he was top 10 in the AFL or the like in defensive acts I50 in 2023?

His field kicking is fine and his decision making no worse than countless others....

And his output has improved year on year....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he had information or maybe he just had a guess (as quite often people do on this site).

Marchbank, Cuningham, Akuei, Mirkov, Durdin, Carroll have been the most obvious candidates for delistings for near on 10+ rounds and all but confirmed well prior to this. Even then he missed two out of six anyway.

I don't know the guy but this constant habit, almost obsession, on this site to try to spring a 'gotcha' moment on genuine posters that have a track record of providing accurate information throughout their time (including most recently a TDK sub call that everyone completely dismissed / ridiculed) is getting really tiresome.

Almost like they're waiting for any opportunity to go "Hah! See - your information was clearly wrong!" - it is quite unhelpful and unecessary, especially if your'e not the poster who posted the original information that was questioned. Really explains why many posters over the years that had genuine information to share have departed these boards.
One of the reasons that posters that have had genuine information to share have departed is that personnel at the club change and posters are no longer privy to information. Certain ITK posters disappeared when SOS left the club. Others may not have info now that Russell leaves the club.

Personally I would prefer that no genuine ITK makes it to here. Means that the club is being professionally run. Also means that we can take anything that appears on here as speculation, as it generally is.

Iā€™m surprised at people being so blase about moving on Owies. Small forwards who kick 30 goals a year donā€™t grow on trees and I think he offers something different in that heā€™s also decent on the lead. Plus an excellent kick for goal. The issue is we have no one to complement him.

(last season we beat 2 out of 3 which was also pretty good)

Our biggest issue continues to be how often our stars/leaders have to find another gear to get us over the line.

Surely at some point that energy is going to run out. Itā€™s about ****ing time our mid tier started stepping up. Our young blokes have done their jobs when asked.

Maybe after the list cull reality will sink in and they will start to get serious, along with some more determined recruits.

Iā€™m surprised at people being so blase about moving on Owies. Small forwards who kick 30 goals a year donā€™t grow on trees and I think he offers something different in that heā€™s also decent on the lead. Plus an excellent kick for goal. The issue is we have no one to complement him.
I really like owies, he's a b grade forward who's made the most of his cat b rookie beginning. Not the most talented but a hard worker who improves himself every year.

But he is out of contract and our other smalls are younger and in contract.

Lastly, you've got to give something to get something and broken down hacks just don't have any value

I donā€™t particularly want to see him gone but if a decent trade can be done to net us a better player then so be it. Though I think we need to trade one of Motlop / Durdin also if that happens to get another small fwd who is going to do their job.

3-4 pieces and natural development of some others away from being a proper contender imo. I think most of that can be accomplished this off season if we play our cards right but the KPD hole may be a step beyond reach with the capital we have.

Will need to have far better output from our high performance team though
I'm more worried about the drop off of some of our "elite".

Simple 3m handpasses shouldn't be going to grass.

I think we need to do the basics well, more often.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Owies situation flies in the face of the clubs salary cap supposedly having space.

Iā€™ve always maintained that regardless of whatā€™s said, the actions of the club speak louder than words.

So if we re-sign Fog and Durdin but push our best small forward out the door because we need to pay more, that to me raises concerns.

Owies is more durable than all our other smalls, kicks more goals and puts in every week, we have stuffed this imo.

We could have pushed Fog or Durdin out and done offered Owies a respectable deal, he loves the Blues and contributed more than all the others, despite his limitations.

Last edited:
Our biggest issue continues to be how often our stars/leaders have to find another gear to get us over the line.

Surely at some point that energy is going to run out. Itā€™s about ****ing time our mid tier started stepping up. Our young blokes have done their jobs when asked.

Maybe after the list cull reality will sink in and they will start to get serious, along with some more determined recruits.
Problem is that the mid tier don't get opportunity too often.

How to often has Carroll played as a genuine midfielder? How about Binns on the wing?

They've got to have a chance before to get can improve.

We've been seduced by names this season in particular.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back