List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

on small fwds it always amazes me how we concentrate on pressure and keeping the ball inside 50 but if non of them can read the ball off the pack or pick up off the ground and put it through the big sticks what the point of keeping it inside 50 -- get some goal kicking small medium fwds pressure and tackling should be a minimum for any AFL player ..

Anyone heard of any KPDs we are into?
Surely Haynes doesnā€™t fix it upā€¦maybe the club is keeping Sam durdin because they donā€™t think we can get another mature age KPD?
Ideally
In: Houston, Haynes, Rosaā€™s, KPD, speedy mid (again would love hear who we are into), campo boys, pick 11
Out: owies (good trade bait and can turn him into rosas and a 2nd rounder), Akeui, Mirkov, Marchy, Martin, cunners, Jack Carroll (trade), Matt carroll

This is the way Austin should attack the trade period imo.
Trade our future 1st for two firsts from either swans or tiges (18,19 or 17,20) and use one of them and a future 2nd for houston, then use the other first rounder for a nice speedy inside mid from another club.

Just really gotta hone in on getting that mix/balance right between contested players versus speed around the ball.
Unfortunately, imo some tougher calls will need to be made in this area. Wether that means(contested slower players)there dangled out for a possible trade of they may spend more time in the twos for the good of the team.
Last night at one stage port had butters/rozee and Horne Francis as at centre bounce. Thatā€™s the way the game is headed imo

Am I missing I something with Owies? Kicked 33 goals this year and didn't miss a game except for when he was suspended. He's durable and scores goals, and I highly doubt we'd get anything of value if we did trade him.

The only thing I can think is that the club and Owies are far apart with money or length of contract.
We played the 7 other finalists 9 times in 2024 excluding the final when Owies didnā€™t play. In those 9 games Owies kicked 9 goals and did next to nothing other than the goals he kicked. Keep in mind that he kicked 3 against the Cats the 2nd time we played them and 2 against the dogs. So in the other 7 games against finalists he kicked 4 goals and again did next to nothing in all of those games. If he is not kicking goals he is giving nothing else really.

33 goals for the year is great and looks good, but it really appears he beats up on poor teams and when the heat is on against really good teams he goes to water. Thatā€™s not my opinion, thatā€™s facts based off this year.

He leads at the ball and marks it and kicks truely which we all love, but I find it easy to see that his role will be taken by Kemp in 2025 and having 1 less small in our forward line doing nothing really when the ball hits the ground will be welcomed imo.

Other than his goals mainly against poor sides, his stats are really poor. Iā€™m not saying our others arenā€™t poor also but maybe because they are younger and potentially have more upside, they arenā€™t being shopped around and Owies is.

I love that he grabs the C after a goal and seems to bleed Blue, but we need not settle for mediocre hopefully anymore.

I love owies, seems to find space and good set shot at goal. But we are now/need to get picky with what the rest of a players game can offer and matty hasnā€™t got that zip that we desire in his game imo
We need to find a couple of forwards that have mattyā€™s strengths plus offer up his deficiencies as well(which is speed defensively and offensively)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played the 7 other finalists 9 times in 2024 excluding the final when Owies didnā€™t play. In those 9 games Owies kicked 9 goals and did next to nothing other than the goals he kicked. Keep in mind that he kicked 3 against the Cats the 2nd time we played them and 2 against the dogs. So in the other 7 games against finalists he kicked 4 goals and again did next to nothing in all of those games. If he is not kicking goals he is giving nothing else really.

33 goals for the year is great and looks good, but it really appears he beats up on poor teams and when the heat is on against really good teams he goes to water. Thatā€™s not my opinion, thatā€™s facts based off this year.

He leads at the ball and marks it and kicks truely which we all love, but I find it easy to see that his role will be taken by Kemp in 2025 and having 1 less small in our forward line doing nothing really when the ball hits the ground will be welcomed imo.

Other than his goals mainly against poor sides, his stats are really poor. Iā€™m not saying our others arenā€™t poor also but maybe because they are younger and potentially have more upside, they arenā€™t being shopped around and Owies is.

I love that he grabs the C after a goal and seems to bleed Blue, but we need not settle for mediocre hopefully anymore.

Great post šŸ‘

I love owies, seems to find space and good set shot at goal. But we are now/need to get picky with what the rest of a players game can offer and matty hasnā€™t got that zip that we desire in his game imo
We need to find a couple of forwards that have mattyā€™s strengths plus offer up his deficiencies as well(which is speed defensively and offensively)

100%. I like Owies. He is a good honest player BUT I always believe if we can improve our list, we should. Must be the priority

No one. Many raised questions early in year including me. Mostly around fitness. Happily, they have become less and less and quickly.

Itā€™s just more BS and twisting to suit an agenda
I think that may be seriously downplaying the criticism that Moir copped. I may be wrong but I think you were one of the people that questioned his intensity and effort also.

Poor kid copped it from many on these boards when it was obvious he has serious AFL traits. Credit to him that he has finished the year the way he has, and no credit to the keyboard heros taking pot shots from the stands

Konstanty for F3?
Rosas as DFA?
Berry with Pick 11?

F1 plus Owies for Houston

This is why going after Houston will be a mistake long term imo...

If we're going to get rid of Owies, I'd much rather we trade him to North or Richmond for a 2nd rounder and then pair that with our 2nd rounder to move up the draft.

And if we're going to trade our F1, I'd rather it goes toward a mid that can slot straight in. I'm hoping the club have been chatting to a couple of mids they've had in mind to be targeting for this off season with the intention to poach one using that F1.

Curnow, McKay and Moir are the only forwards on our list I rate. The rest aren't much chop, good VFL level footballers. Kemp if he is played there looks like he has some talent and we know Silvagni does as well. They fit into the list as genuine forwards but I am unsure where their level will be next season and how they fit into our team. Does Motlop get fit and turn it around or is he just not up to it?

The rest, if we think they are going to do much for us, we are really kidding ourselves. Our forward line is stacked with VFL level failed midfielders.

If we can get two or three genuine smaller forwards in this year's draft and two onballers who have pace, agility and really strong defensive traits we are contenders again.

I don't think we make finals next year with the current list even with a fair run with injuries. It's not because we are getting worse. It's because teams are modernising and adjusting their lists and have been over the last 3 or 4 seasons and they are going past us.

The list of teams Carlton can't beat because they are too quick and play at a really high intensity is going to grow beyond 8 which makes things hard for us going forward if we don't make significant changes this off season.

My concern is that we don't have a whole lot of exciting, quick and talented youth coming through. I think this is what the rumours about Austin wanting to hit the draft are all about.

I think that may be seriously downplaying the criticism that Moir copped. I may be wrong but I think you were one of the people that questioned his intensity and effort also.

Poor kid copped it from many on these boards when it was obvious he has serious AFL traits. Credit to him that he has finished the year the way he has, and no credit to the keyboard heros taking pot shots from the stands

If you go back and look at my quotes during pre season and early season my comments were very consistent.

I couldnā€™t get a read on him. I said I canā€™t yet work him out. Austin loved him, but many recruiters didnā€™t. Just facts. He would do things that would amaze and then go missing and struggle to keep up. I stand by that

What has happened, and I have discussed, is that he has really improved and now looks ready. IMO needs another pre season but what has stood out to me in last 6 months is that he has the mental toughness and work ethic to make it

Things change quickly and I try and look at the facts at hand and try and find balance

Issue I have, is usual people (only a few) twist things to suit an agenda, keep pushing lies and never provide evidence. These are the same people that have bullied in the know posters off this site.

We all say things that could be wrong. Seriously, so what. Move on. Are peopleā€™s lives really that hollow?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back