List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

He would have been heavily front loaded wouldn't he? Our list was poor at the time, we had to find avenues to spend on to reach our minimum player payments. I am assuming his contract was likely part of it.

An AFL club with a weak list is a bit like a business with a tax problem. You have to find something to spend money on.

Not worth that money, but when your list is young and low quality, you need to overspend on players to one, get them there and two, meet the minimum player payments.

Worse thing you can do list management wise is up the payments to current players to meet minimum player contracts. Far better to overspend on incoming recruits. Uppin payments of young players to meet the MPP is how teams blow their cap up down the track.

We seem to have space to spend so we must be alright. Adding a few long contracts will likely open up our cap a little.

Our biggest issue is trade currency. Having the players and the picks available to us to get what we want.

Very good reasoned post. Nice to see and read šŸ‘

I think Austin will end up swapping our F1 for Brisbaneā€™s 1st rounder, after they trade it to Richmond for points.

He will then trade pick 11 to Port for Houston.

We will then try to pick swap our way ahead of a bid for Ben.

He didn't regress, he was injured ... it wasn't effort or intensity, it was his body. He has shown once his body has started to improve that he is intense enough and has a good work ethic. To question his application is just rubbish. This was never the case.

No question on his desire, commitment or mental toughness. Also has a great level of aggression. A steal for where we picked him up

In all seriousness, Acres on 350k makes sense given Freo reportedly low balled him with a 180k offer!

When we signed him, not he or us would have known that he'd be the player he has become for us... if he keeps it going, his next contract I'd imagine will be worth more $

EDIT: There you go, thanks Soapy V he's already earned himself more as I suspected...

He would have been heavily front loaded wouldn't he? Our list was poor at the time, we had to find avenues to spend on to reach our minimum player payments. I am assuming his contract was likely part of it.

An AFL club with a weak list is a bit like a business with a tax problem. You have to find something to spend money on.

Not worth that money, but when your list is young and low quality, you need to overspend on players to one, get them there and two, meet the minimum player payments.

Worse thing you can do list management wise is up the payments to current players to meet minimum player contracts. Far better to overspend on incoming recruits. Uppin payments of young players to meet the MPP is how teams blow their cap up down the track.

We seem to have space to spend so we must be alright. Adding a few long contracts will likely open up our cap a little.

Our biggest issue is trade currency. Having the players and the picks available to us to get what we want.

Good post. The bolded stood out... can't help but laugh... who's our president? Wasn't he the CEO of a company that is being investigated for a tax scandal :D

I havenā€™t lost hope but Iā€™m at the stage I want to see the club walk the talk ā€¦I wanna see positive results in the right direction.

These includeā€¦

Wise list management strategy

A good fitness/strength program

Basic skills ā€¦handballing kicking marking and effective tackling

A good game plan that does NOT include long kicks down the side line and long bombs into f50

I would be happy with incremental steps and I am even prepared to wait 1-2 more years before winning a flag

I donā€™t want to see clubs (like hawks for example) waltz past us on the Bladder with only a few years down low on the ladder šŸ¤¦

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to improve our speed and agility all over the park, better durability, better footskills and less flaky types

Good start with the delistings, flaky types and or non AFL standard being moved on

I'd like more mongrel too
Do you want Houston if it costs us a first rounder?
Would you prefer pick 11 and another pick in the top 25 + Campos?
Would we be better not selecting the campos and using the picks?

So you agree our small forwards beyond Williams aren't on 500 K a year

I've already given my thoughts on what I think each of them are on give or take and no, 500k not once mentioned for any of them:

Who knows...

iinm, players in their third year usually get an increase from their salary as a draftee.

We find Durdin and Motlop in that situation.

Fanta I suspect would be below AFL average of 400k... which is why 350 could make sense.

Fogarty signed an extension this year too, again if it's not 350k can't imagine it being much lower.

Owies should be on close to 350k, if he's on less than that then I can't see the fuss with the club in re-signing him?

The other mentioned was Cottrell... given he was brought straight back in off a lengthy spell with no form, he's a player that Voss values highly... plus he signed on for 3 years this year so chances are he's on at least 350k.

Draftees from pick 21-50 range are coming in on 110k + 4k per senior game they play.

Do you want Houston if it costs us a first rounder?
Would you prefer pick 11 and another pick in the top 25 + Campos?
Would we be better not selecting the campos and using the picks?

If we get Houston for a future late ish 1st in total value, I wouldn't blink

Campo boys will be good role players, not as good as the Daicos boys, better than the Brown boys

I think we will have a pick in the 1st round this year

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back