List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Rosas be our number one priority, to replace Owies? Or is Konstanty, perhaps a smarter option?

Rosas has played some good AFL footy, has speed and a decent left peg. But, with GC saying hooroo to him.

Is that an indicator perhaps of a lack of drive or dedication, just don't know.

Konstany is younger and is yet to play a game at the highest level. Apparently a ferocious tackler and is similar to Papley.

Which one has the higher ceiling, or better attitude? Be great to snag one of these for sure.
Take both

Looks pretty decent forward line to me

HF: Konstanty - McKay - Fogarty
FF: Rosas - Curnow - Moir

x2 Pressure forwards (Fogarty & Konstanty) Konstanty has pace & goal senseā€¦

x2 X-Factor forwards Rosas & Moir (also 3rd tall)

x2 off the best KPF in the league

Last edited:
Every forward misses easy goals. Kicked 49.21 this season - not sure what more you are expecting. His contested marking and pressure on top of the goals shows he is not feeble.
Everyone knew heā€™d miss that important shot on goal in the 2nd Q. Eradicate the lack of a presence in marking contests / one-handed attempts = slapping his own hand to admonish that he should have gone harder - regularly (even H knows it).. Lots of RFI to earn the big KPF contracted money IMO. Phycologist & some mongrel should be high up on his agenda. He needs to impose his 204cm frame.

Much like his brother, they let themselves down when it counts, and both overpaid on output.

Hardwick didn't mind a small forward or four...wonder what prompted this?

A left right combo of Rosas and a rejuvenated Motlop has some appeal.

I only caught snippets of the last Q of WCE vs GCFC but IIRC Rosas had some forgettable plays when he had the chance to step up (fumbles) and another L.
Moments that matter perhaps.

Edit: it appears Rosas is expected back at GCFC for next season but in top shape for pre-season (poor last pre-season).

Last edited:

Not entirely true we have done pretty well getting guys for not much.

Newman - some picks in the 70s for memory
Cottrell - pre season add on player
TDK - pick 30
Owies - cat b rookie
Boyd - mid season draft
Acres - got for pick in the 40s I think
Cincotta - pre season add on player

Hopefully we can add Cooper Lord to the list above.

The list is still a bit unbalanced and too injury prone. We have been redressing the balance and will do again this off season, and have already begun to redress the injury prone issues clearing 3 we rolled the dice with(admittedly I would have too after they played late 2023).

Someone do a Geelong listā€¦

Should Rosas be our number one priority, to replace Owies? Or is Konstanty, perhaps a smarter option?

Rosas has played some good AFL footy, has speed and a decent left peg. But, with GC saying hooroo to him.

Konstany is younger and is yet to play a game at the highest level. Apparently a ferocious tackler and is similar to Papley.

Which one has the higher ceiling, or better attitude? Be great to snag one of these for sure.
Be interesting what the final list changes look like

There has been constant rumours since the start of the year that Carroll could depart

Owies still doesn't have a contract, S Durdin the same who struggles to get on the park

Rumour that Young, Kennedy and Cerra were told to explore opportunities

Might be a bigger off season than expected
I suspect 8-10 changes and a favourite or 2 for some will depart.

If we can bring in:
Konstanty
Rosas
Stone
Haynes
Houston
A top 15 mid
Both Campos
And a couple of young guys

Iā€™d be very excited. Especially as I see Lord as an important cog next year.

Still got to keep bringing in youth to keep an eye on the future

Now the Mirkov experiment is over what are peoples thoughts on Hudson O'Keefe ??

For example, could he play a senior game in 2025 if a TDK or Pitto goes down ?? How far off is he ?

I look at McInerny and Briggs last night - having big blokes with a bit of mongrel.
IMO we only move forward as a team once HOK or Lemmey overtake Pitto for the #2 spot

Canā€™t wait to see much more of this guy in 2025 with a full preseason

What a pick up....I see big potential...

Im really looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the team after a full preseason as you say

Only had 2 games but played like it was much longer...did not look out of place at all.

194cm measurement taken pre season for a growing boy younger than most of his draft class. Take a look at the WA championship games.

Yep, being WA boy certainly takes out the Viccentric bias in the media.

Will not be an in between size. 194cm itself is tall enough for the right style of player, but will be surprised if doesnā€™t end up 197 or better (birthday 28/12)

All Australian.
He's not in the same mould as Taylor, he is slightly more rebounding style.

Watching Isaiah Dudley playing for Central Districts kicked 2 in a min and hit post once looks very dangerous evidently is nga adelaide but is available to be picked by anyone because adelaide didnt nominate him
21 and clearly doesn't look after himself. Average a goal a game this season and not getting a lot of the footy.

I suspect 8-10 changes and a favourite or 2 for some will depart.

If we can bring in:
Konstanty
Rosas
Stone
Haynes
Houston
A top 15 mid
Both Campos
And a couple of young guys

Iā€™d be very excited. Especially as I see Lord as an important cog next year.

Still got to keep bringing in youth to keep an eye on the future
Edit: it appears Rosas is expected back at GCFC for next season but in top shape for pre-season (poor last pre-season).

He's not in the same mould as Taylor, he is slightly more rebounding style.
Agree. Was more referring to quality available ā€œAt a discountā€. Suspect more ā€œroundedā€ than ST and more versatile. Just have the championship games as a guide, but was very impressed. The three unheralded WA tall backs were a good combo. Cody Curtin an underager and Dennis three days off it make it all the more impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m so curious to know what the club thinks of the list. 12 months ago we were 30 points up in a prelim. This year was a bit of a disaster but injuries played a massive part in that. We definitely have some holes but do we need a wholesale shakeup?

You couldnā€™t blame them for rolling the dice again with a new fitness headā€¦but if the list isnā€™t up to it, weā€™ll almost have missed the window. Really awkward position to be in.

Iā€™m so curious to know what the club thinks of the list. 12 months ago we were 30 points up in a prelim. This year was a bit of a disaster but injuries played a massive part in that. We definitely have some holes but do we need a wholesale shakeup?

You couldnā€™t blame them for rolling the dice again with a new fitness headā€¦but if the list isnā€™t up to it, weā€™ll almost have missed the window. Really awkward position to be in.
Yeah, I believe certain factions want to talk the list down to excuse the poor outcomes of the season. Our list is excellent. A little limited in a couple of areas but, if healthy, have the capability to win a flag as is.

We can certainly improve some areas, largely done to death on here. Really hoping sanity prevails and we add the necessary, LONG TERM, pieces in the off season.

Get both. Rosas is immediately better than an any small forward we have (if we lose Owies) and I reckon thereā€™s a fair chance Konstanty will be better than any Fantasia, Motlop and Durdin.That said Iā€™m ā€œall inā€ on Berry in the draft so maybe we only need one of Konstanty and Rosas.

I reckon the club thinks we are close. Look at the Weitering post Lions match interview, Lloydā€™s interview this week and Sayers email to members - they all singing from the same hymn sheet - injuries and inconsistency cost us this year.

I think Houston really wants to play for us - much more than Petracca which feels like a media dating match (I reckon he wants to play for Collingwood), but the club is wrestling with how to do that and still keep our first round draft pick. I suspect Cerra or our future first will be the sacrificial lamb to get another first round draft pick to get Houston.

Other than that I just think we get Haynes and maybe Rosas or Konstanty. The club seem to think mobile back men are the way to go rather than a genuine key position defender so I donā€™t expect much in that space.

2025 is a pivotal juncture for the club. It could be likened to 2012 when we turfed Ratten. I feel better about the list today than 2022 when I felt we were short a key position player but something good needs to happen next year.

Be interesting what the final list changes look like

There has been constant rumours since the start of the year that Carroll could depart

Owies still doesn't have a contract, S Durdin the same who struggles to get on the park

Rumour that Young, Kennedy and Cerra were told to explore opportunities

Might be a bigger off season than expected

Would prefer to keep him.

The club seem to think mobile back men are the way to go rather than a genuine key position defender so I donā€™t expect much in that space.

Then i personally think this rebuild is sunk. Teams are pulling Weitering away from the contest leaving witches hats as the matchups and the opposition love it. Exhibit A Kemp vs Hogan.

I reckon the club thinks we are close. Look at the Weitering post Lions match interview, Lloydā€™s interview this week and Sayers email to members - they all singing from the same hymn sheet - injuries and inconsistency cost us this year.

I think Houston really wants to play for us - much more than Petracca which feels like a media dating match (I reckon he wants to play for Collingwood), but the club is wrestling with how to do that and still keep our first round draft pick. I suspect Cerra or our future first will be the sacrificial lamb to get another first round draft pick to get Houston.

Other than that I just think we get Haynes and maybe Rosas or Konstanty. The club seem to think mobile back men are the way to go rather than a genuine key position defender so I donā€™t expect much in that space.

2025 is a pivotal juncture for the club. It could be likened to 2012 when we turfed Ratten. I feel better about the list today than 2022 when I felt we were short a key position player but something good needs to happen next year.
My 2 cents.

Get the strong appeal of Houston to many on here. Looks to me like, he will nominate us and it will then happen.

Yes, he will make us better. But, it does not address our biggest weakness imo. Lack of pace and two way running in our

midfield. I think we are caught between a rock and a hard place. One of Rosas or Konstanty to replace Owies, if he

departs. Haynes could be handy for a season, or two. Hotton or maybe Berry and the Campo boys. Not really expecting

much more than this. If we fail to make finals next season then I foresee a huge change to personnel. Voss maybe to get

the flick. On the other hand, maybe the injury gods are really good to us and a few tweaks to the game plan as well as

some real growth from our youngsters. Would mean that we could finish top four and be chance for seventeen.

Lot to play out, Go Blues.

The game has evolved once again.

We have holes to fill and this year we got not many games out of players we hoped would shrug their injury curses. We couldnā€™t hold them any longer so changes need to occur. Itā€™s not like we are delisting a couple of players either 3 or 4 years into their careers that just arenā€™t cutting it. Martin, Cuningham and Marchbank were key pieces we needed to succeed. 2 dynamic half forward types and a key back. Then to add to the fact from looking so good in 2023, 2 years on and 2 years older hurts us.

We had people for years crying out to get Cripps help as so many thought he would need to retire by the time he is 30 from carrying the team so much. Well before a ball is bounced in 2025 Cripps will be 30.

We got close in 2023 and injuries/form/or not being good enough crushed our 2024. This off season is a chance to somewhat reset. As to what that looks like, I donā€™t think any of us know. But if we donā€™t keep trying to better ourselves and potentially make a few tough calls in the hopes we can quickly bounce back, well, we could fall even further back.

I have faith we will make the right calls to give ourselves a chance in 2025 but also to give ourselves repeated chances moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back