List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like Rosas off the table. Suns have told him he must return in elite condition in pre season
Glad. The last thing we want is a kid who comes from the tropics, who struggles with professionalism to be recruited to Victoria and hope he finds motivation he did not have previously during a Victorian winter in unfamiliar surroundings.

Do we prioritise Konstanty now?
For what could be a fairly similar price Switkowski could be available who's a much more proven commodity. Would prefer him if the rumours on the Freo board are true but Konstanty wouldn't be a bad young pick up. Not sure he's a huge improvement on a healthy Durdin though

Check out his last game. Needs mongrel not a meek KPF. Misses far too many easy goals because heā€™s fretting. Needs to address both or be paid Mihocek wage.
Bit late and a possible now irrelevant reply but I'm going to say it anyway...

The 'fretting' is only because nobody else really contributes on a consistent basis. It's all on the shoulders of our two KPF.

Bit late and a possible now irrelevant reply but I'm going to say it anyway...

The 'fretting' is only because nobody else really contributes on a consistent basis. It's all on the shoulders of our two KPF.
Itā€™s a common theme for a goal kicker, the fear of missing an easy shot consumes (negativity overrides) over nailing it. All upstairs coupled with a process and sound action to complete the job.

When we lost to Adelaide early in the year Owies ran into the open goal and stuffed up and kicked dirt instead of ball just outside goal square right in front.
A few the senior players were not happy with him and voiced there opinion with him after match. "Bloody Owies"; etc I heard them.
Things have festered since then.

This does not surprise me in the slightest.

On the surface it appears like thereā€™s a little faction with Vossy and his inner circle of favourites.

If you are in the circle you get gifted games and can do no wrong.

But if you are on the outer youā€™ll spend far more time in the ressies than you deserve, be the sub even though you deserve a full game, and have to sit around waiting for a contract while Crippaā€™s mates all get locked up until 2029.

The circle has its hooks in everything from list management to match committee and everything in between.

Wonder if weā€™ll be adding to our Irish recruiting drive this off-season?

Where do we see M.Duffy being trialed if/when he is listed (assuming Cat B), midfielder or HBF and what have been the thoughts of his pros from any training vision?

What is the thinking on the progression of Rob Monahan and his positioning in a side in 2025 (tough being developed, especially as a forward in the VFL with our depleted sides / injury list)

Potential incoming from our academy
Season ā€˜25; BCampo (mid), LCampo (small def)
Season ā€˜26; Ison (med+ def), Gresham (small fwd)
Season ā€˜27; Cody (mid/Hff)
Hopefully the academy input can assist into a quicker transition to AFL footballers ala the Sydney way of grounding on the way through.

Agree. Was more referring to quality available ā€œAt a discountā€. Suspect more ā€œroundedā€ than ST and more versatile. Just have the championship games as a guide, but was very impressed. The three unheralded WA tall backs were a good combo. Cody Curtin an underager and Dennis three days off it make it all the more impressive.
Curtin has gone from strength to strength at WAFL, looks really good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't get why we're picking up Haynes. Is it just as a depth player? If so not sure what the appeal is for him to come given McGovern and Kemp etc. play similar roles.

Reckon we like Kemp forward and see Haynes as capable of playing a decent chunk of the season as a third tall defender. Reckon it'll be he and McGovern fighting it out for one spot, and a bit of pressure on Gov to perform can only be a good thing.

Also gives us the luxury of managing both of them. They could play 12 games each and get the benefit of regular breaks throughout the year.

Reckon we like Kemp forward and see Haynes as capable of playing a decent chunk of the season as a third tall defender. Reckon it'll be he and McGovern fighting it out for one spot, and a bit of pressure on Gov to perform can only be a good thing.

Also gives us the luxury of managing both of them. They could play 12 games each and get the benefit of regular breaks throughout the year.
Makes sense. Don't get me wrong I rate Haynes but he's 32 so I'm assuming he's coming in to play a role for a flag tilt. It will be interesting to see what our line up round 1.

I still don't get why we're picking up Haynes. Is it just as a depth player? If so not sure what the appeal is for him to come given McGovern and Kemp etc. play similar roles.

Haynes is RELIABLE as a defender; McG is an attacking defender, and Kemp is not a defender...

Makes sense. Don't get me wrong I rate Haynes but he's 32 so I'm assuming he's coming in to play a role for a flag tilt. It will be interesting to see what our line up round 1.
Unfort itā€™s a rated Haynes. Heā€™s not the droid weā€™re looking for.
Not the same player from AA quality before. Sizeable pay cut too but better than $0.

Shouldn't be even considering strategies like this. Just proves we have significant weaknesses in our list. We need consistency and fitness to run games out from all our list.
At this rate we will be sponsored by The Royal Melbourne Hospital Rehab Unit.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back