List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

SEN suggesting Sam DeKoning might miss out on selection for the Cats again this week...... does he become gettable?
Cerra > Cats
De Koning < Blues

Dropping off and picking them up now

burnout camaro GIF

is that pretty much a fair swap?

Good question....not easy to answer.

Both young, both contracted, both generally best 22.

Scale tips towards SDK on position, as quality KPP's generally command a bit of a premium.
Scale tips back towards Cerra on exposed form, because I think his best has been better than TDK.
Scale then tips back towards SDK on fitness cause of Cerra's repeat hamstring issues.

I reckon SDK probably valued a little higher, but not sure by how much. Could be as much as a second rounder, could be as little as a token pick that neither team would even use.

SDK is out of contract end of next year, but not a free agent. I reckon Geelong would push for Cerra plus something in the vicinity of Pick 35-40 at a minimum, more likely a genuine second rounder in the 20s, knowing that if they hold him to his contract for next year he probably ends up the subject of a bidding war and nets them a bigger return at the end of 2025....or they convince him to stay and they keep a good young KPD.

Last edited:
Young KPD that i really liked in his draft year, which Iā€™d like if the club was hopefully in his managerā€™s ear is Ollie Murphy, Vic boy stuck behind a fair few Key Defenders at Freoā€¦

Slid back a little further than i expected, had him around a possible end of first to 30 ended up being selected at pick 41, probably imo due to his light frame 200cm and 75kg, definitely needs a few years of putting on size and strength to his frameā€¦

Great height, skills and athleticism, has the football IQ in contested situations or as a interceptor, great hands and reads the ball very well in the air, Vic Metro rep who had a great championships and year overall, also made the All Australian teamā€¦

Only his first season at Freo, have no idea if heā€™d be interested in coming back home to Victoria or if they would be willing to facilitate a possible trade, had a couple of niggles earlier in the year but played 10 games in the WAFL, with a year under his belt already and plenty of upside, heā€™s one Iā€™d be keen on for our KPD futureā€¦

Possibly a late second rounder would be a good deal all roundā€¦

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SDK would fit in perfectly

I think that would be a more important get than Houstonā€¦

thoughts??
Reckon youā€™re on the money with that.
Would be a distinct upgrade on what we currently have - didnā€™t realise he was actually taller than Tom (201 vs 204), a long term fix, fixes a big weakness, would enable Weiters to go the next level

Reckon youā€™re on the money with that.
Would be a distinct upgrade on what we currently have - didnā€™t realise he was actually taller than Tom (201 vs 204), a long term fix, fixes a big weakness, would enable Weiters to go the next level
Saw him at Rye Back Beach last week...he is one tall dude

Geelong does not let players go that they rate. When was the last time? SDK is a Pipe dream.

Tim Kelly.

They will trade them if forced, but they'll make you pay through the nose.

Generally though, their good players love the lifestyle and the success, so they stick around. The players they trade away are the ones who don't make the cut for whatever reason.

Sam De Koning won't be a bargain pickup, he'll be expensive. To suggest otherwise is immensely underrating him. A single first round pick would be a bargain for him imo, he'd be more than that.

Was a fullback in AA conversation at 21 yrs old in a grand final winning team - he was the key pillar down back and looked unbeatable for most of the season. He hasn't reached the same heights since, but he's 23 yrs old with exposed form at the highest level in a premium position, he won't be a cheap get.

Sam De Koning won't be a bargain pickup, he'll be expensive. To suggest otherwise is immensely underrating him. A single first round pick would be a bargain for him imo, he'd be more than that.

Was a fullback in AA conversation at 21 yrs old in a grand final winning team - he was the key pillar down back and looked unbeatable for most of the season. He hasn't reached the same heights since, but he's 23 yrs old with exposed form at the highest level in a premium position, he won't be a cheap get.
Cerra and Future 1st for SDK

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back