List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting Marchbank, Akuei and advising a contracted Lewis Young to 'look around' would suggest we're into a KPD...

Highly, highly unlikely we could pry SDK out (they would want multiple first rounders). He is Chris Scott's love child.
L.Young was on the lookout mid-season (VFL bound) from earlier aired reports
Marchy is badly broken
Cat B time was up for DA

SDK would be 1 x 1st rounder. Also, has some concerns on his knee. If disgruntled = hard to keep.

Kennedy is the worst inside 50 kick in the game, Hewett isn't great but isn't bad either, fairly middling kick. Though more likely to lower the eyes and his a 20m. Kennedy for sure is a better mark though.
Kennedys kicks have way more penetration and accuracy but he is another that likes to long bomb into f50.

Hewetts kicks are generally more loopy (too high).

I'd hope the club be even bolder.

Trade 1 of Williams/McGovern, logic dictates they'll each miss 5-6 games in the season but would prove of some value elsewhere (I'd do Zac personally).

Get rid of Fantasia, better pay him out and would get better potential value in a speculative kid picked in the 4th round.

And Sam Durdin surely must be let go regardless.

Agree.

Someone said earlier that Kennedy was hurt by our injuries, as in moved around to fill gaps. IMO he got way more games than he would have because of our injuries. If Martin, Silvagni, Cuningham etc. had actually been available, there would have been no room for him at half forward.

In the final, he was effectively playing the JSOS role. MK attended 4 ruck contests in his 29% gametime. Harry only attended 2 for the match and was needed forward without Charlie. Cripps had his usual random ruck attendances around the ground. It was completely logical that the subbing for TDK was the bloke doing back up ruck work.

As for the baby situation, that is just an unfortunate coincidence. Footy clubs don't make the call on those things, the players do. Kennedy did what 99% of blokes would do and attended the birth, but the club can't consider that when making a call on who to sub out.
Doesn't make sense when you have Durdin running around crippled and not able to do anything and further injury to his shoulder impact his chance of a quicker recovery in the off season. At worst you plonk Kennedy in his place forward who also has the capacity to do some ruck and rotate with mids who need a chop out.

If you think that's OTT then you should see social media with club stakeholders.

If anything Zita's hit the nail on the head when it comes to internal sentiment

Have a feeling this one will play out quite publicly.

Might be one of those times we need to judge it by the final cumulative list outcome.
Zach Touhey esque

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jack S - would love to see him tried at CHB.

194cm but plays smaller than that. Not overly strong. Limited tank.

Closer to the end of his career than the start. Coming off an ACL. Fringe best 22 before that.

Odds suggest that a positional change in the twilight of his career won't be the answer to our defensive woes.

Donā€™t think JSOS will be going back
I know he's said previously that he doesn't want to (play as a backman) but I wonder if he might be amenable now for the betterment of the team and to extend his career.

Especially if someone like Kemp goes past him in the 3rd tall forward role in 2026.

Ifaik he didn't want the comparisons with his dad. I think he's established himself well enough that that won't be as much of an issue going forward.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

194cm but plays smaller than that. Not overly strong. Limited tank.

Closer to the end of his career than the start. Coming off an ACL. Fringe best 22 before that.

Odds suggest that a positional change in the twilight of his career won't be the answer to our defensive woes.
Part of me thinks we'll hardly see Jack play much moving forward whilst Voss is still coach, this could lead to some interesting backyard by plays.

Doesn't make sense when you have Durdin running around crippled and not able to do anything and further injury to his shoulder impact his chance of a quicker recovery in the off season. At worst you plonk Kennedy in his place forward who also has the capacity to do some ruck and rotate with mids who need a chop out.

Apples and oranges.

Kennedy too slow to apply any real forward pressure.

Durdin faster, but too small to actually tackle someone.

If Kennedy was only going to be played forward in 2025 then he's behind JSOS for that spot.

Kennedys kicks have way more penetration and accuracy but he is another that likes to long bomb into f50.

Hewetts kicks are generally more loopy (too high).
Yet, statistically Kennedy is definitely the worst in the game. He was for most of the season and was at the end of the season.

Kennedy might look aesthetically like a nicer kick, but he isn't.

Apples and oranges.

Kennedy too slow to apply any real forward pressure.

Durdin faster, but too small to actually tackle someone.

If Kennedy was only going to be played forward in 2025 then he's behind JSOS for that spot.
Durdin's not too small to tackle people.

His shoulders might be too banged up, but it's not a size thing

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet, statistically Kennedy is definitely the worst in the game. He was for most of the season and was at the end of the season.

Kennedy might look aesthetically like a nicer kick, but he isn't.
what more is there to a kick though? If it looks like a nice kick then it is a nice kick...

I think you might be questioning the intent of the kicks more so than being a good kick...kennedy is definitely a better kick in this regard....no question about it

the questionable aspect of kennedy maybe that he doesnt target a particular player in our f50..prefers penetration rather than targetting (maybe I dont know)

I think most of our players lack the f50 connections with their kicking...Walsh is a shocker

what more is there to a kick though? If it looks like a nice kick then it is a nice kick...

I think you might be questioning the intent of the kicks more so than being a good kick...kennedy is definitely a better kick in this regard....no question about it

the questionable aspect of kennedy maybe that he doesnt target a particular player in our f50..prefers penetration rather than targetting (maybe I dont know)

I think most of our players lack the f50 connections with their kicking...Walsh is a shocker
There's a lot more to a kick... Kennedys might look flatter and harder but he hits targets way less, and less than anyone in the league inside 50. You say Hewetts are too floaty, but apparently those floaty kicks are better than Kennedys flat ones.

Fwiw, kicks over 50m are considered effective and Hewett still has better raw kicking efficiency % (as well as better DE% overall). If Kennedy preferred penetration (which I agree he does) it just shows how much worse he is. Further, Kennedy is the worst inside 50 in the comp. The stats are fairly clear, it's not a debate. Kennedy is a worse kick.

Durdin put his hand up (barely ;) ) to play. They picked him. If they then sub him off because of it, they would look silly.
It was the Kennedy role that was being replaced, it doesn't reflect on the player individually.

Disagree. Clubs that don't nail top 15 picks are doomed, if they don't have an academy. Yes you'll cite Geelong as an exception but drafting is crucial. Your listed failures say more about the recruiters choice, than the importanc.e of early draft picks. Stocker, Philp, cunningham were drafted at 19 & 20 23 not 11. I would trade 11 for Alir or Sam De Konig but not Houston. Houston will play some good football but over the journey port are likely to win the trade.

Geelong like us and every club has had stinkers too, itā€™s early but two years in at their top 8 pick from the 22 draft has managed 15 games and has really struggled.

Every draft there are lots of players from the 1st round who never get going for whatever reason.

Every year people double down that the player they like will be a gun, they just might, but thatā€™s not reality.

Go back and have a look at the 1st round in 2020-2022 and see how many havenā€™t come on.

Other picks will shuffle, but the core could look like this

Tigers get pick 17 from the Dockers as part of a deal for Bolton

We trade our future 1st for pick 17

Port get pick 17

We get Houston
I would say Arrow that we are more likely to give them 11 and take 17 ourselves

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back