List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the AFL has put its foot down regarding employing family members as a player retention strategy. They kicked up a stink when Scully's dad joined the GWS football department, adding his salary to the total player payments.

Important to note that if the club seeks to reward the player by sending money via someone else already present on the total player payments the AFL have zero issue with it.

So a brother, boyfriend, husband playing on the Eagles list would be fine. But a girlfriend or sister on the AFLW list would/could be seen as rewarding Reid outside of the AFL WC salary cap.

Geelong couldn't even provide a nanny for Tim Kelly.
My current thinking is the only way to get people money under the table is via semi sham invoicing. I.e. A player is paid by an independent company for the performance of some service they may or may not deliver, or deliver very little. Say they get $200 k and all they had to do was attend the board Christmas party and the Chairman's sons Lacrosse wind up. Then the Company who is performing some legitimate service for the club, or at the very least can't be proved to be illegitimate, the passes that cost back to the club via an invoice. So a $1 Million for repainting the interiors becomes $1.2. Or just a straight $200 k invoice for consultancy services etc. etc.

Pretty easy for West Coast to bury stuff given the size of their turnover.

My current thinking is the only way to get people money under the table is via semi sham invoicing. I.e. A player is paid by an independent company for the performance of some service they may or may not deliver, or deliver very little. Say they get $200 k and all they had to do was attend the board Christmas party and the Chairman's sons Lacrosse wind up. Then the Company who is performing some legitimate service for the club, or at the very least can't be proved to be illegitimate, the passes that cost back to the club via an invoice. So a $1 Million for repainting the interiors becomes $1.2. Or just a straight $200 k invoice for consultancy services etc. etc.

Or bill internal departments.

OR do it the Geelong way and hand out farmland in prime locations...

You can supplement your AFL playing list if you have a supporter of the club who owns a large business and only offers employment positions with little to zero contact hours to players from said club.

That's the Carlton method.

I am lead to believe Chris Judd made millions from that prior the AFL changing the rule to you not being able to use the outside employment as an incentive for joining the club - it had to be arranged after the agreement with the club and not arranged by the club.

...but such things are so hard to monitor.

Bolton was discussed on Footy Classified. Can't take McClure seriously with the two inside top 15 picks, but I think a reply in the comments of a single Top 10 pick is about right - even though we won't have that, (although it depends on how far Port or the Pies drop)

What do you mean we won't have a top ten pick? We're going to have two.

Only one, if port drops out of the 8.

Us and collingwood should easily finish in the top 8.
Nope. Collingwood have the toughest run home, they're nowhere near a guarantee for playing finals. Compare them to GC who have an armchair ride to finals. There's a strong case GC come in for Pies.

This conversation is a few days too early anyway. The result of Friday night's game is massive.

Nope. Collingwood have the toughest run home, they're nowhere near a guarantee for playing finals. Compare them to GC who have an armchair ride to finals. There's a strong case GC come in for Pies.

This conversation is a few days too early anyway. The result of Friday night's game is massive.
Get behind the Bombers and Dogs this weekend. If the Suns can not totally bottle it on the road for once (North), then both will be out of the 8.

Shame we're leaving it to the Bombers and not a good team.

I should have added a disclaimer: *Aside from clubs mad rich benefactors.

I was just focusing on how clubs with money can disburse it. Obviously much easier if you are spending other peoples money that they don't expect back.

WC has something upwards of sixty million they need managed to varying degrees and opportunities explored. They could pay players to present Indian Pacific Ltd in meetings and lobbying for investment opportunities and sponsorship junkets.

Next 2 weeks for Collingwood and Port are massive.

Collingwood vs Essendon and Geelong.
Port vs Bulldogs and GC (Away)

Only one, if port drops out of the 8.

Us and collingwood should easily finish in the top 8.
I kind of feel like if Port misses the eight it's not by much too - one or two top ten father/sons and/or Northern academies and suddenly we're looking at something outside the top ten. Clubs will anticipate that and adjust their demands accordingly.

Surely it was Willem Duursma

Won't have the pick for him next year though
I stated that Zane will be one of the best picks in that draft in about 4 years time so big if true. Haven’t paid much attention to Willem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, not as pithy as normal, probably missed heaps, but ok for a first go round.
IN/OUTPlayerNotesPriceVibe
Liam BakerWould prefer the familiarity of the Tigers, Freo were in front for a while before WC came in with an increased offer.Late R1Stay 40%
WC 40%
Freo 20%
You need to raise the percentage for Baker to 30-10-60% in Freo's favour.

Last edited:
Luke Jackson toured WC from memory. Was never going there.

Next 2 weeks for Collingwood and Port are massive.

Collingwood vs Essendon and Geelong.
Port vs Bulldogs and GC (Away)
Both teams are targeting the flag so if one or both stuff it, they could almost put the cue in the rack for the year. Pies run gets even harder so they really need to bank 2 wins now against middle teams.

Both teams are targeting the flag so if one or both stuff it, they could almost put the cue in the rack for the year. Pies run gets even harder so they really need to bank 2 wins now against middle teams.

We are in the wrong thread, but that is the dream.

2 losses each the next two weeks, and they start playing the kids and sending a few people to have operations done.

The Duursma's seem pretty tight so I don't recon she's moving to WA. Harley will request a trade back to Vic instead.

I'd steer clear of the 3rd brother too for that reason.
Xav wouldve stayed at port until he had his head turned by offers elsewhere and port were happy to let him go

Yas probably wasn't getting a spot at Ports AFLW side

I don't think any of their family were really flight risks tbh

Last edited:
Charlie Cameron's manager got his wish and extended him another three years.

We might need a budget forward pocket option if no superstar emerges from trades. Looking very thin there at the moment.

Looking through players coming out of contract, how about Maurice Rioli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back