• Chad Warner

Votes: 194 64.0%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 40 13.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Knobel looks to have at least Meek level potential to me. I think if there was any doubt before the weekend, short of Knobel (stupidly IMO) asking for a trade, Reidy is moved on.

Knobel is ready to play very well at league level and another preseason will just push that case even further. Seems to have come on even faster than ee thought I reckon
If the King brothers can play AFL then why not Knobel?
Jackson can take Fyfes role. Knobel is a genuine forward/ruck.
Jackson could be the ultimate utility.

If the King brothers can play AFL then why not Knobel?
Jackson can take Fyfes role. Knobel is a genuine forward/ruck.
Jackson could be the ultimate utility.
The King brothers are on a different level athletically IMO. Think Knobel is a genuine AFL ruck but not a forward

Knobel looks to have a very accurate and powerful kick. Can’t comment on his marking ability.
He’s a pretty good mark, his biggest issue is his lack of mobility both in speed and endurance (although 50 HOs means he managed to get to them all) needs another preseason to work on both.
For the record, I’m in the Reidy should have played all the games Darcy missed due to injury and should play if he misses anymore games, he’s a handy forward when resting and would demand a key defender just like Jackson does. Even if the ruck load was 50/50 with Jackson and they both spend 30% game time forward that leaves Treacy as a permanent forward. Seriously dumbfounded as to why match committee refuses to try this. If they’re too steadfast in their non-selection of him, we may as well delist at the end of the year.

The King brothers are on a different level athletically IMO. Think Knobel is a genuine AFL ruck but not a forward

The Kings run sub-3 second 20m sprints as 200cm players, which is midfield pace / top echelon forwards. Max King in particular also has crazy good agility for a guy his size (although one wonders whether some of the stuff has also resulted in his knee reconstructions).

He’s a pretty good mark, his biggest issue is his lack of mobility both in speed and endurance (although 50 HOs means he managed to get to them all) needs another preseason to work on both.
For the record, I’m in the Reidy should have played all the games Darcy missed due to injury and should play if he misses anymore games, he’s a handy forward when resting and would demand a key defender just like Jackson does. Even if the ruck load was 50/50 with Jackson and they both spend 30% game time forward that leaves Treacy as a permanent forward. Seriously dumbfounded as to why match committee refuses to try this. If they’re too steadfast in their non-selection of him, we may as well delist at the end of the year.
Watching Knobel yesterday and he seemed to already have more mobility than Reidy. I agree that it is an area he needs to develop but he managed to collect 16 possessions.

Reidy’s issue is also mobility. He has been very good at the centre clearances but did get well beaten by the WA State Ruckman Oliver Eastland a few weeks ago.

Other than the West Coast where he beasted their developing young rucks he doesn’t get much of the ball around the ground:

IMG_5281.jpeg
I agree that he really could have been given an opportunity. Perhaps Sat may have been it or earlier in the year when Darcy was out injured with that calf injury in round 9 vs Sydney where Grundy dominated hit outs and Sydney also had McLean.

Last edited:
Clearly the MC don’t believe Reidy is good enough. He should 100% be delisted at the end of the season if so. Complete waste of a list spot. If you can’t play him in a game like yesterday then surely it’s completely pointless keeping him around?

In a choice yesterday between playing Reidy, vs disrupting the structure of the entire team and playing our most dominant and inform forward out of position as a second ruck, we chose the latter.

That tells you all you need to know about how Reidy is regarded internally. They must believe he’s a complete liability.

In similar circumstances in other areas of the ground this year we have thrown Davies and Draper in against the competitions elite. So it’s not like the MC would be afraid to take a gamble on Reidy if they believed in him.
Exactly. It's easy to throw around names of players not in the team but the mc and coaches see these guys every day and if they thought they were good enough they'd be playing.

Bolton has kicked 26 goals this season in a shit side and would be our second highest goal scorer. Anyone saying he wouldn't improve our side is delusional. I would easily pay two top ten picks if Richmond were to cover up to half of his salary (on the basis it doesn't prevent us from getting Warner next year).

Bolton has kicked 26 goals this season in a shit side and would be our second highest goal scorer. Anyone saying he wouldn't improve our side is delusional. I would easily pay two top ten picks if Richmond were to cover up to half of his salary (on the basis it doesn't prevent us from getting Warner next year).
Half his salary for one year?

No way they'd cover half his salary for the contract

One top ten for the player and another for the salary?

The words 'up to half of his salary' are a bit too open given the scale of his contract.

Half his salary for one year?

No way they'd cover half his salary for the contract
It's really hard to quantify isn't it? How much is actually due, still 1m a year or heavily back ended and actually closer to the 1.3m reported? That's a hell of an overpay I doubt we can afford to take on.

What's he worth out of contract? Despite what Tigs fans try to claim, he's 25 and the best player in the league, he likely is what he is, an elite offensive threat that goes missing on occasion. Made AA once and might have one or two left in him playing for us, definitely not getting one playing for Richmond. So what, a decent top 10 pick if out of contract, doubt it would be much more IMO so TWO top 10 picks is a decent sweetener.

All that rambling to say I agree they aren't paying half his contract for the next 4 years for that, but I'd hope it gets us a decent whack if they agreed to it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really hard to quantify isn't it? How much is actually due, still 1m a year or heavily back ended and actually closer to the 1.3m reported? That's a hell of an overpay I doubt we can afford to take on.

What's he worth out of contract? Despite what Tigs fans try to claim, he's 25 and NOT the best player in the league, he likely is what he is, an elite offensive threat that goes missing on occasion. Made AA once and might have one or two left in him playing for us, definitely not getting one playing for Richmond. So what, a decent top 10 pick if out of contract, doubt it would be much more IMO so TWO top 10 picks is a decent sweetener.

All that rambling to say I agree they aren't paying half his contract for the next 4 years for that, but I'd hope it gets us a decent whack if they agreed to it.
Expect it to be one top 10, plus a later first. With a couple of seconds coming back.

With rumours on baker now out of discussion (though I doubt the source it’s coming from). And Warner staying next year, this may become live.

Unless of course the kossie and Bailey smith talks have any weight.

There would need to be a clash of personalities at the club for Richmond to facilitate him moving to us by paying us to take him - or a massive salary cap hole they are in.

If there is a personality issue then buyer be very, very, beware.

Expect it to be one top 10, plus a later first. With a couple of seconds coming back.

With rumours on baker now out of discussion (though I doubt the source it’s coming from). And Warner staying next year, this may become live.

Pretty sure the Smith one is just deathly having a troll. Kossie was just purple reign wasn't it? I don't listen anymore but I've never known them to have inside info.

It’s strange one for us. Ideally we want him to be good, but not too good.
Unfortunately it appears he will be too good for Peel pretty soon and then he will rightly look for a trade to play regularly at AFL level like Meek did.
The only other scenario is that he is so good that he goes past Darcy or Jackson at AFL level. Unlikely but wouldn’t be a bad problem to have for us.

Think we should always have four rucks on the list, as long as Darcy and Jackson are still at the club.

The negative of having two best 22 rucks is there isn’t really an option to play our depth ruck as the second ruck unless there’s an injury. This means anyone that looks half decent in their limited opportunities or even at WAFL level won’t last too long on our list before they request a trade.

We should always carry a genuine depth ruck and also be developing the next guy so when the depth ruck requests a trade we have someone who’s at least got some development behind them. Otherwise we’re drafting a state league ruck or DFA (both likely spuds) AND an 18/19 year old that won’t be ready for several years in the same draft and not really having the confidence to play either of them.

We should’ve drafted another ruck with a late selection when we delisted Scott Jones. Meek was always leaving eventually - we should’ve tried to be ready for it.

Pretty sure the Smith one is just deathly having a troll. Kossie was just purple reign wasn't it? I don't listen anymore but I've never known them to have inside info.
Isn't kossie really close to Henry? Now that Henry has moved to melb to be in the fashion limelight, don't think kossie will move as I think he enjoys that limelight too

There would need to be a clash of personalities at the club for Richmond to facilitate him moving to us by paying us to take him - or a massive salary cap hole they are in.

If there is a personality issue then buyer be very, very, beware.
I don't agree, it only requires them to be open to moving him to help rebuild quicker and rightly identifying a Bolton type not wanting to be there (wants to play in WA, not keen for a rebuild) is a waste of time. If they are open to it, everyone can benefit

I don't agree, it only requires them to be open to moving him to help rebuild quicker and rightly identifying a Bolton type not wanting to be there (wants to play in WA, not keen for a rebuild) is a waste of time. If they are open to it, everyone can benefit
Keep baker and Rioli (if possible)
Trade Bolton.

Need the leaders and consistency during a rebuild.

Only reason not to, is if they think they’ll bounce back quicker than everyone expects.

I think the Kozzie one is just someone having a lend of PR guys. Unlike Bolton, there is zero chance Melbourne let him go

Keep baker and Rioli (if possible)
Trade Bolton.

Need the leaders and consistency during a rebuild.

Only reason not to, is if they think they’ll bounce back quicker than everyone expects.
Everyone points to North for losing too much experience as a reason to keep Bolton. Wrong, they lost too much experience and managed their list like absolute morons. Richmond wouldn't have that problem losing Bolton AND a better comparison is WC who have refused to let ANYONE go and therefore have had no picks and a aging gradually list that isn't going anywhere.

I think it would be complete stupidity if they keep him but that's their problem.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back