• Chad Warner

Votes: 194 60.6%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 15 4.7%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 56 17.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Metros Fremantle will make a killing with Bailey smith in Perth, he definatly enjoyed his trip over when they made the grand final

Interesting that the AFL site now has Port and Coll not making the 8. In fact they think we will end up with Picks 7 and 8!!

Picks 7 and 8 are in the meaty part of the draft, there are sure to be some very good players available there. I don't think we should trade them for anything less than an absolute gun player.

We could use next years and future picks in 2025 if required.

Does anyone know how contract payouts and early retirements go? For example, say SonSon retires next week - does he get a payout of his current contract or is it all void the minute he hangs up the boots?

Same thing for seasons end - if he has a year left and retires at the end of this season does he completely forgo his contract next year?

I'm not actually having a thinly veiled dig at Walters - he's my fav player of all time just using him as an example as he's the closest to that scenario.

Only reason to move a FRP forward is a ripper deal or for list spots

Will have 2 firsts (2025 1st, 2026 F1) and a 2nd next year anyway (likely 3 firsts when the AFL confirms future trading)

I'd only do it for a great deal on draft night or if we don't delist enough players

(Or a great deal like 24 + f2 for another F1 to death ride)
I do not want the club touching trading three years of firsts with ten foot pole. Too much risk and too big a guaranteed list gap.

What’s he actually worth? Our latest first provided Bolton and Warner are both off the table by then?
I think so. Would want something back as well though.

That saints r2 would be nice to get away with though

MC also watch Walters train every week and still select him for reasons. They aren’t infallible and make mistakes.
We all know veterans like Fyfe, Walters and O'Meara get special treatment due to having so many runs on the board. Not easy to tap club legends(Fyfe and Walters) on the shoulder and tell them they're going to the WAFL. But I think it needs to happen. Not a fan of sentimental selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know veterans like Fyfe, Walters and O'Meara get special treatment due to having so many runs on the board. Not easy to tap club legends(Fyfe and Walters) on the shoulder and tell them they're going to the WAFL. But I think it needs to happen. Not a fan of sentimental selections.
Eh I don't think those guys are really on the same level.

Walters is cooked unfortunately. Definitely needs to be dropped.

JOM is playing a role and he's doing fine at it now, but I'm sure one of our WAFL guys could step up and play that role instead. Us bringing him accross just feels like it's stifling the development of some of our younger players.

Fyfe I actually think still gets a lot of unfair criticism for the role he plays. Has had multiple games his year where he's been one of our best, and even vs Richmond and Suns (I think) it was noticeable how important having his big body in and around stoppages was. You can make the argument for Brodie back or Erasmus, but neither of them are bringing the same impact that Fyfe brings to us this year.

There is talent on other lists besides just Warner and Bolton. We need to use free agency and trades to improve our weaknesses and not just the draft.
Doesn't matter if they don't want to come here. Unfortunately our club are the beggars not choosers. Always have been.

you appear to have missed the detailed stats on Fyfe etc from the weekend (on another thread)

you appear to have missed the detailed stats on Fyfe etc from the weekend (on another thread)
I'm not as down on Fyfe as much as some people. Think he still offers a fair bit. But Walters has been struggling for a while and O'meara is just okay.

Wouldn't mind seeing Fyfey 'rested' for a game to see what the midfield looks like with Erasmus or Brodie in his role before finals.

I'm not as down on Fyfe as much as some people. Think he still offers a fair bit. But Walters has been struggling for a while and O'meara is just okay.
I'm not sure what the story is with Walters

I think we may have jumped the gun on what the club is planning - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't think we even expected to be in our current position where we are tempted with finals. Those old guys are out there to show the young ones the ropes, but they are very close to ready. They frustrate us, but the 'kids' love them.

I'm not sure what the story is with Walters

I think we may have jumped the gun on what the club is planning - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't think we even expected to be in our current position where we are tempted with finals. Those old guys are out there to show the young ones the ropes, but they are very close to ready. They frustrate us, but the 'kids' love them.
I dont think the club loses having him basically coach Peel next year, I have no problems with the contract but I do have a problem if he keeps getting picked because it is very very obvious he's unfortunately done at the level. I also think it's pretty obvious Sonny still has a lot of confidence in himself given his goal celebrations and that must be a very very difficult conversation with the dude

Even if Walters was dropped the only option is playing an extra mid and resting them forward. Emmett gave it everything but his skills were bad. Simpson and Delean aren't ready yet.

Even if Walters was dropped the only option is playing an extra mid and resting them forward. Emmett gave it everything but his skills were bad. Simpson and Delean aren't ready yet.
I literally dont think we can be worse off playing Simpson. He doesnt get much of it but his tackle numbers at Peel are nutty for the role he's playing. At least he'll contest and pressure like a mad man and 5 times he does get it are class anyway.

I would begrudgingly play Emmett over him who would at least provide manic pressure, even if he butchers a couple of chances as well

I literally dont think we can be worse off playing Simpson. He doesnt get much of it but his tackle numbers at Peel are nutty for the role he's playing. At least he'll contest and pressure like a mad man and 5 times he does get it are class anyway.

I would begrudgingly play Emmett over him who would at least provide manic pressure, even if he butchers a couple of chances as well
Yeah I like Simpson. Did some nice things on debut. Was a quality 5 touches. I just don't see it happening though. Coaches have favourites. But unless he's been carrying something this year there's no way Walters is in the team next season. If he is we are in deep trouble.

I dont think the club loses having him basically coach Peel next year, I have no problems with the contract but I do have a problem if he keeps getting picked because it is very very obvious he's unfortunately done at the level. I also think it's pretty obvious Sonny still has a lot of confidence in himself given his goal celebrations and that must be a very very difficult conversation with the dude
this probably belongs on a different thread, but there's no doubt the Freo faithful loves Walters (going by the applause he received when he ran onto the ground at Optus). I was very surprised when he travelled.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back