• Chad Warner

Votes: 197 58.1%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 69 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't stop taking footy seriously for a season. He was focused on his anthropology studies and he was working two part-time jobs to make ends meet. Now he is in a full-time professional training environment and at a club with great player development - that is the difference
You need to xav Ellis, as that’s where the info came from.

Anyone concerned about how hard the club is going after Baker? We have the best draft hand in the comp and an opportunity to create a run of sustained success. Just seems like a waste to spend valuable cap space and picks on Baker when he would marginally improve our side. Baker would be a great replacement for JOM but is contracted until 2026. Maybe he could be replacing Banfield or a rumoured Switta? We are so tight for spots that Aish has been pushed to b23.

Anyone concerned about how hard the club is going after Baker? We have the best draft hand in the comp and an opportunity to create a run of sustained success. Just seems like a waste to spend valuable cap space and picks on Baker when he would marginally improve our side. Baker would be a great replacement for JOM but is contracted until 2026. Maybe he could be replacing Banfield or a rumoured Switta? We are so tight for spots that Aish has been pushed to b23.
I really hope we let the little sisters down the road get him as the rumours on gettable is that we are offering him a 7 year deal

Feel like everyone under rating baker just cause he’s had a bad game against us. He can play fwd mid and back and has some agro in him which we lack and great skills and decision making and was a key player during Richmond’s dynasty so experience will be key. 100% worth a 1st pick in the teens

Baker is good. But is he 800K a year and pick 15 good? The draft pick I can live with but the money is too much. Be nice if we didn't have to massively overpay to get players to join us.

Same goes for Bolton. Love to have him but not for 2 1st round picks and a million+ a year in salary.

Someone told the club it is a super draft, so we are working out how to trade out of it

Feel like everyone under rating baker just cause he’s had a bad game against us. He can play fwd mid and back and has some agro in him which we lack and great skills and decision making and was a key player during Richmond’s dynasty so experience will be key. 100% worth a 1st pick in the teens
Was great early but has been poor late.

Would be hard playing for richmond at the moment. Especially as an outside player

Someone told the club it is a super draft, so we are working out how to trade out of it

It seems like every 3 years is a super draft. Just because the draft experts think it is doesn't mean it will be.

It seems like every 3 years is a super draft. Just because the draft experts think it is doesn't mean it will be.
This year is different.

All they said was it was a deep draft, but top end talent is not there

I was only joking.
Rozee is overrated anyway

The opportunity to get 3 top 20 players doesn’t come around that often though, especially with where we are currently projecting this could be our last haul for many years. Even as good as Walls has been, we’re only going at 66% strike rate from our previous selections: Young, Serong, Henry* then Amiss, Erasmus*, Johnson.
If we could add 3 more and two end up as good as Young & Serong or Amiss & Johnson we’d be set for the entire compromised drafts of finishing top 4 during the Tas team introduction.
We desperately need more class and Lindsay, Travaglia and Berry looks like being the perfect additions to provide that and all are gettable with the picks we likely end up with.

Yeah 7 years and the begging bowl is over the top. I have no doubt I haven't seen his best games but I have only seen 1 really good one which is a concern to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always find these types of takes pretty funny on a football forum. We are discussing things in a list management thread, but aren't allowed an opinion unless it's positive because we are just casuals.

Guess you are pro Walters as well then I take it.
Where did I say you're not allowed an opinion?

It's just I always find the type of overly confident but not at all well thought through take pretty funny.

Where did I say you're not allowed an opinion?

It's just I always find the type of overly confident but not at all well thought through take pretty funny.

Go back and read your "arsesmart" comment saying I need to message the coaches.

I am in shock that a bloke as arrogant as you has never disagreed with the coaches selections. What do you even do on this forum? Just pat the coaches on the back for every decision they make?

Funny how when Fyfe didnt play much last season and we were nowhere as good at stoppages or clearances.

Yeah your right, couldn't have anything to do with Youngs permanent move to the midfield which improved us last year, and the development of Brayshaw, Serong and Young who all spend much more time on ground than Fyfe, as well as Jackson maturing. Must be the guy who starts 90% of quarters on the bench that has catapulted our midfield.

Is it possible the match committee and their support team and technological resources may know a little more about this than either you or I do?

Of course it's possible. Are you gonna have a crack at all the people disagreeing with the selection of Walters as well or just me on Fyfe?

Dropping Fyfe would essentially retire him and is a massive call to make for JL on a club champion?

Maybe don't shut people down on opinions on a football forum mate, team selections on this forum are a constant discussion.

Did you wanna also message snuff and have a crack at him for his wajt for freo to drop Walters?

Last edited:
Fyfe hasn’t been too bad this year. Just think back a few weeks and his epic run with role on Heeney. He has been crucial in the centre clearance set-up as well.

Then there are moments of absolute s*#tness like the moments he is frozen like a deer in the headlight looking desperately to handball. In most cases in those frozen moments he turns the ball over - like that pokey 5metre kick that fell short of Cox and should have created a turnover look at goal for Hawks. In those instances he turns into a poor man’s Ethan Hughes. Just get going and get the ball moving forward.

Go back and read your "arsesmart" comment saying I need to message the coaches.

I am in shock that a bloke as arrogant as you has never disagreed with the coaches selections. What do you even do on this forum? Just pat the coaches on the back for every decision they make?
Ooh you cranky. You think Fyfe might be contributing according to his role each week or is that out of the question? That just maybe the coaches would have some small inkling of his role and therefore his contribution?

You would think after playing at the top level for so many years Fyfe would automatically have good instincts for the game. Doesn’t seem to have. Maybe his mind hasn’t come to terms with his physical deterioration.
On the other hand the more time he has to think the worse the result.
From outside it’s difficult to assess whether he adds value or not. If he is selected week after week we have got to assume that the coaching panel believe that he is on the plus side of the ledger.

Ooh you cranky. You think Fyfe might be contributing according to his role each week or is that out of the question? That just maybe the coaches would have some small inkling of his role and therefore his contribution?

Like I said of course I could be wrong. But I don't think I am. And all you have offered for discussion is condescending comments about how he is picked so he must be doing good.

Again, have you never disagreed with the selection panel?

Fyfe hasn’t been too bad this year. Just think back a few weeks and his epic run with role on Heeney. He has been crucial in the centre clearance set-up as well.

Then there are moments of absolute s*#tness like the moments he is frozen like a deer in the headlight looking desperately to handball. In most cases in those frozen moments he turns the ball over - like that pokey 5metre kick that fell short of Cox and should have created a turnover look at goal for Hawks. In those instances he turns into a poor man’s Ethan Hughes. Just get going and get the ball moving forward.

His first game against Bulldogs this year was so nice to watch too. Looked like old Fyfe the way he was bulldozing out of stoppages. I thought he may have turned a corner. But he went straight back to a liability. 2 good games this year alongside a lot of really poor ones.

Personally I don't think he's actually been that great at the clearance or contested game this season tbh. But even if he had, has he really been that good to make up for how bad he is with his ball use? Not imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back