Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe is definitely useful when the ball is in tight, the problem I see (maybe just because it sticks out so much when it happens) is that any player with any speed just turns him into a witches hat once it breaks. An absolutely liability on the outside. Mundy had the same problem at the end.

Now I am not sure how the coaches balance that out, but Fyfe is very obviously a compromised player now. Maybe the inside work is worth it, but its so painful seeing him get torched like that all the time. We are one of the easiest teams to score against from stoppage this year and that's got to be a big part of it. I want more than that from a starting mid, that's all I'm saying.
Young and Serong have got torched just as much as Fyfe from the centre in recent games. It might also have to do with Darcy being hampered or unavailable so they lost trust in where it was going to go.

Now campaigners I know the last thing you'd ever want is a Carlton fan showing their face around ur forums but I come in peace...

I've been reading about Switta potentially leaving end of season for months on here now and wondering what you'd think would be the asking price? Our 2nd rounder (31) be enough to get it over the line? I know he's rated a bit funnily given he's a low goal scoring half forward who's primarily there for his link up play and pressure which he's one of the best at. But goals are always seen as the primary form of value for small forwards...

We have a history of trading between each other with relative good faith deals and we have a need for some better small forwards given Motlops a chubby campaigner and Owies is useless outside of a set shot 30m out. Reckon theres any chance?
Straight swap for Acres ;)

Young and Serong have got torched just as much as Fyfe from the centre in recent games. It might also have to do with Darcy being hampered or unavailable so they lost trust in where it was going to go.
If mids get out the front, nobody is defending that including any of our players and Andy is one of the best in the league at it.

But Fyfe gets smoked anywhere. He just can't close space.

I'd be extremely surprised if we let Switta out of his contract early other than for something approaching the equivalent value around a band of pick 18 to 22. Unless it was facilitating other high importance trades of course.
Bolton would just replace Switta really. Baker would fit in up the ground somewhere - he isn't a forward.

I can see it now - trade out Switta and Sturt and run with a forward line of Treacy, Amiss, Jackson, Bolton, Frederick and two of Walters, Emmett, Banfield and Simpson. The first five is okay but it's completely lacking even a hint of forward pressure. Against good teams it won't be enough. Get an injury to one or two of the first five and it'll be a challenge to score against anyone.

Fyfe is definitely useful when the ball is in tight, the problem I see (maybe just because it sticks out so much when it happens) is that any player with any speed just turns him into a witches hat once it breaks. An absolutely liability on the outside. Mundy had the same problem at the end.

Now I am not sure how the coaches balance that out, but Fyfe is very obviously a compromised player now. Maybe the inside work is worth it, but its so painful seeing him get torched like that all the time. We are one of the easiest teams to score against from stoppage this year and that's got to be a big part of it. I want more than that from a starting mid, that's all I'm saying.
This specifically I agree on as a big problem. Some teams do it with everyone chipping in defensively, others do it with 1 more defensive guy, but this team doesn't have a Willem Drew. Fyfe has done everything to be that guy, but that can't be his role next season game in game out. And while there's a million reasons to do the Shai Bolton move, his time in the guts won't exactly be about defensive soundness.

Caleb can't do that coz he's the ball winner, Young is wasted in that role (he's probably a pre-season away from being able to do what he does in first halves all game), and even Brayshaw is too good to be that. Brodie will never be that, so out of the current cattle that leaves probably Johnno, Raz and NOD (realistically more the first 2). 1 of them needs to have a monster pre-season and step into that more thankless role.

Around 22:00 - I know Gorringe is a bit of a larrikin but it's refreshing to see a past player that's not in the FOX media landscape have an opinion on Bolton's value.

This specifically I agree on as a big problem. Some teams do it with everyone chipping in defensively, others do it with 1 more defensive guy, but this team doesn't have a Willem Drew. Fyfe has done everything to be that guy, but that can't be his role next season game in game out. And while there's a million reasons to do the Shai Bolton move, his time in the guts won't exactly be about defensive soundness.

Caleb can't do that coz he's the ball winner, Young is wasted in that role (he's probably a pre-season away from being able to do what he does in first halves all game), and even Brayshaw is too good to be that. Brodie will never be that, so out of the current cattle that leaves probably Johnno, Raz and NOD (realistically more the first 2). 1 of them needs to have a monster pre-season and step into that more thankless role.
Doubt Johnson would play that role. It would bore him to tears. Plus it is very self-sacrificing. Raz when he is bigger, would probably be prepared to.

With Sonny its harder to tell because on TV I only see him when directly involved but he's been fine when we're on top but seems to find it really hard to find space the rest of the time and is largely ineffectual.

The selfish part is me not wanting their legacies torched, so I do agree it's their call (and the clubs).

We're absolute pansies when signing players or with our players OOC. However, Switta is in contract: 5 first rounders.

In all seriousness, he's probably as good as Schultz but in a different way (even though I'm filthy over the missed set shot). My guess is we'd ask for an F1 from a team like you.
My guess is uber professional & our greatest ever player, Fyfe works on his leg speed in the off season & makes a monkey out of his critics.
Look how his kicking has turned around

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bolton wouldn't take Switta's spot in the team. We need both, he is contracted for two years and honestly why would we want another 18 year old who is still a few years away from playing AFL. Keep Switta unless someone offers something stupid for him. We don't need another 'pick 31.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is uber professional & our greatest ever player, Fyfe works on his leg speed in the off season & makes a monkey out of his critics.
Look how his kicking has turned around

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Confused The Office GIF

Ras makes sense to me. He doesn't appear to have the weapons the others do so isn't sacrificing anything to play the role. Should end up big enough and has the tank.

Ras makes sense to me. He doesn't appear to have the weapons the others do so isn't sacrificing anything to play the role. Should end up big enough and has the tank.
I don't usually post negatives about young players especially those who haven't really been given an opportunity, but I just don't see that Erasmus has a future with us. He is far too slow in both decision making and athletic ability. He is pretty good overhead and hopefully he improves his kicking, but I just don't see it in him.

Doubt Johnson would play that role. It would bore him to tears. Plus it is very self-sacrificing. Raz when he is bigger, would probably be prepared to.
Where do we sit then in terms of preference to start next year?

If we try blend Ras in to that role, it keeps Johnson as the 5th mid and splitting time off a wing. Alternatively if Johnson is the way forward we prioritise him, lose a bit of defensive balance, but perhaps as importantly there's still not a role for Erasmus.

I personally feel we missed a trick not trying to get some progression into both this year (Johnson started slowly but did get a decent block of games in with some inside mid time before an injury?). But given where things sat six weeks ago can understand why.

Yep, if an OOC Baker is worth 10, there is no world where you get 4 years in contract Bolton for 9+17.
Not even Ralph is saying upfront the two best picks for Bolton, like, no one thinks it should cost that much then more than one is suggesting a top 12 for Baker which is just insane. Twomey even scoffing at 23 for Baker which is FAR close to his value than 10 IMO. Just bizarre

I don't usually post negatives about young players especially those who haven't really been given an opportunity, but I just don't see that Erasmus has a future with us. He is far too slow in both decision making and athletic ability. He is pretty good overhead and hopefully he improves his kicking, but I just don't see it in him.
That seems a bit dated.
Where do we sit then in terms of preference to start next year?

If we try blend Ras in to that role, it keeps Johnson as the 5th mid and splitting time off a wing. Alternatively if Johnson is the way forward we prioritise him, lose a bit of defensive balance, but perhaps as importantly there's still not a role for Erasmus.

I personally feel we missed a trick not trying to get some progression into both this year (Johnson started slowly but did get a decent block of games in with some inside mid time before an injury?). But given where things sat six weeks ago can understand why.
If Fyfe stays it will likely be Johnson. Longmuir has appeared to set it in stone. Terrible stuff

The one I've been thinking about for a few weeks but didn't want to bring up because I do like Coops is Mannagh

Jeez we missed a trick here, he is EXACTLY what we need in our forward line, pressure small forward who kicks goals

Coops hopefully turns into it but imagine trading Shoota out and then with the pick we got for him we drafted an instant replacement AND got pick 10

Gotta give Cats credit, they don't play around, they didn't care he was 27, backed themselves in to rise up the ladder this year and could see he would play a role.
Im in contact with a few social media groups that discuss everything draft related. Some are rubbish but one group that produces a ton of online material called the Inner Sanctum gets a ton of the draft stuff right. They said that we were interested in getting in both Mannagh and Simpson which is why we did a weird late trade of picks in the draft pick that got us Ollie Murphy. Apparently we thought Mannagh would still be available at that pick. This year they've said we've monitored Jobe Shanahan and Joshua Murphy more than other teams for what its worth.

Not even Ralph is saying upfront the two best picks for Bolton, like, no one thinks it should cost that much then more than one is suggesting a top 12 for Baker which is just insane. Twomey even scoffing at 23 for Baker which is FAR close to his value than 10 IMO. Just bizarre
It's got to be the agents driving this.

They want Bolton out and Baker wants the Tigers compensated. That's the only rationalisation I have for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back