Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't volunteer this 'excuse' - in his presser, a journo asked him if (after playing Freo) he saw them as a top 4 side"
Ahh ok so he just got asked and did anyone expect him to say “ no they won’t make it “

But our winning is what matters ! Go Freo

Ahh ok so he just got asked and did anyone expect him to say “ no they won’t make it “

But our winning is what matters ! Go Freo
The West has a bunch of lazy reporters who get their info from other sources (like us sometimes), Freo's media page, and afl.com etc

making excuses for his bad coaching and players , you are probably very right .
His bad coaching ? Have you seen their injury list ?
Adam Yze, is having the sort of start to his career as Nathan Buckley had, just diabolical injury events.
We have been only okay for 5 minutes. We need to show humility and graciousness.

Last edited:
If Geelong(Pies), Bombers(Melb), Port(Suns), Giants(Rich) and Brisbane(Eagles) win - and we lose, this weekend then Freo falls to 7th.

It's way too early and way too close to be thinking top four.

Fremantle need to win every game until at least Geelong, beating Hawks, Melbourne, Eagles, Essendon which would put us two games clear in the top four.

Last edited:
Adam Yze, is having the sort of start to his career as Nathan Buckley had, just diabolical injury events.
We have been only okay for 5 minutes. We need to show humility and graciousness.
yep i only post as i bored. sorry, he is a great coach and sadly his players are injured.

:)

If Geelong(Pies), Bombers(Melb), Port(Suns), Giants(Rich) and Brisbane(Eagles) win - and we lose, this weekend then Freo falls to 7th.

It's way too early and way too close to be thinking top four.

Fremantle need to win every game until at least Geelong, beating Hawks, Melbourne, Eagles, Essendon which would put us two games clear in the top four.
Can see up to three of those teams losing this week tbh. Giants and Brisbane only certainties, even though I'll probably tip the other three too.

If this season so far is anything to go off, not only can we lose one of our next four and be top four before the Geelong game, there's even a chance we could climb to second. There's a few bonuses along the way of being able to beat teams that are not that far below us too btw.

Only nervous through the past. reality is the reigning premiers are playing big stakes slots against Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, and I think even Sydney – that last one who've seriously had a hit to their suck up aura with a pretty shocking loss to a very bad team in St Kilda.

Carlton still a bit soft with their big guys quite liking having bad games, Dons are all over the shop but pretty strong on their day, Geelong deserve respect but they're still not a scary prospect.

This shying away from wanting to be noticed sums up a really timid part of our culture. Longmuir's done good stuff. most recently, recently. but he is a bit of an emblem of it and so is the fact a lot of our best players seem fairly uh, media trained. we should embrace some mongrel or at the very least, walk the boys (and the fans) through some of those scary and determined and gutsy South and East Fremantle teams of the past.

I dunno, I think it's the missing element.

Heh compare and contrast this weeks 360 to last week.

Last week we got one minute and basically no highlights.

This week, the Saints game gets ten minutes with large montages from the game and a discussion from both sides of the ledger.

Never change VFL 360

Heh compare and contrast this weeks 360 to last week.

Last week we got one minute and basically no highlights.

This week, the Saints game gets ten minutes with large montages from the game and a discussion from both sides of the ledger.

Never change VFL 360
It's a shocking program, the pinhead and the slob catering to Victorians

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Landsberger might be possessed. Can't rotate his head properly and always looks like he's about to froth at the mouth when speaking.
reminds me of when jake niall was on TV at Fox. just not TV naturals what so ever
Yeah, I don't expect much fanfare on us beating the worst team in the comp but it is hilarious the reaction in comparison.
flirting v harassment meme. it's always been the case with them, getting outsized media attention and hype thanks to being a big vic club. i lol'd when the afl survey had Voss has the 3rd best coach in the league, cannot get behind that at all
I think the craziest part is to publically call someone lazy and be so certain in your opinion.

Literally would have taken a few minutes to work out he has been hard working the whole time he has been here with a quick google search.
that was the year he had glandular fever as well from memory, if ever there's a time to give someone the benefit of the doubt

I agree totally with your comments. I thought Tigers played with grit and determination. They tried all night and just didn't go away. I think Yze is a considered coach and I'm sure he will have success with a few high draft picks.

Only nervous through the past. reality is the reigning premiers are playing big stakes slots against Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, and I think even Sydney – that last one who've seriously had a hit to their suck up aura with a pretty shocking loss to a very bad team in St Kilda.

Carlton still a bit soft with their big guys quite liking having bad games, Dons are all over the shop but pretty strong on their day, Geelong deserve respect but they're still not a scary prospect.

This shying away from wanting to be noticed sums up a really timid part of our culture. Longmuir's done good stuff. most recently, recently. but he is a bit of an emblem of it and so is the fact a lot of our best players seem fairly uh, media trained. we should embrace some mongrel or at the very least, walk the boys (and the fans) through some of those scary and determined and gutsy South and East Fremantle teams of the past.

I dunno, I think it's the missing element.
The latter part is spot on.
We are a bunch of supporters that are afraid of the dark.But even when the lights are on we keep looking back into the gloom. Almost willing us to fail because we did in the past. A strange bunch of supporters

The latter part is spot on.
We are a bunch of supporters that are afraid of the dark.But even when the lights are on we keep looking back into the gloom. Almost willing us to fail because we did in the past. A strange bunch of supporters
It’s why I feel like the crowds are quieter. Scared of hubris and getting carried away.

Been shamed and humbled too many times.

We win one though, get some swagger. Watch out.

It’s why I feel like the crowds are quieter. Scared of hubris and getting carried away.

Been shamed and humbled too many times.

We win one though, get some swagger. Watch out.
Nah it's just society and modern supporters.

Games at Subi used to be filled with passion and dedication and it came in many forms and the experience and club in general was better for it.

Now people love James Aish and Frederick because they're recognisable. someone like Shane Parker or Antoni Grover wouldn't get an ounce of respect these days.

I used to watch the odd game at a pub in Freo and couldn't hack it in the end because most of the supporters had no clue; people would clap points ffs.

The demographic of crowd is just entirely different.

It's families, groups of 20-somethings on the piss, and people more interested in the latest retro jacket than the actual football. it's a really weird thing to say but I never see a dad and son at the footy anymore and that used to make up a large portion of the packed train back to Freo Station.

I also think a lot of those 50+ supporters who've been with the club since inception have had their passion humbled through disappointment, but that disappointment hasn't just come from losses but the decision making, ownership, and associations of the club. I know plenty directly and I've had plenty of beers with this demographic and there's a sense of distate around the club. people on bigfooty will say they're 'not real supporters' but these are people who love Winston Abraham, Troy Cooke, and the Carr brothers, went to Richmond Primary, proper dyed in the wool Freo people who don't really see it as the same club anymore.

A bunch of people who got into the sport and club in adulthood in 2006, that's sort of the core now.

People bang on about the game not being the same and it's easy to say it's because of the rules, but I actually think it's because of bland private school boys dominating lists, homogenised comfortable stadiums, corporatised clubs, the lack of 'investment' at games...

I sound like I'm 65 but even in my lifetime it's changed massively.

Even small shit. I go to games now and there's a cost of living crisis and all I see are people buying 30 bucks worth of food and going to the bar for their allocated four beers every quarter. it's just a day out with some loose association to a club these days.

I'm shocked the AFL website reporters have us slipping to 5th and being replaced by Geelong and Brisbane in the top 4 by season end.

It's possible.

We have our last 4 games against teams in 4th (Bombers A), 5th (Geelong H ), 6th (Port H) and 8th (GWS A)currently.

We must win our next three, because its not beyond the realms of possibility we go 50/50 or worse in these games

Nah it's just society and modern supporters.

Games at Subi used to be filled with passion and dedication and it came in many forms and the experience and club in general was better for it.

Now people love James Aish and Frederick because they're recognisable. someone like Shane Parker or Antoni Grover wouldn't get an ounce of respect these days.

I used to watch the odd game at a pub in Freo and couldn't hack it in the end because most of the supporters had no clue; people would clap points ffs.

The demographic of crowd is just entirely different.

It's families, groups of 20-somethings on the piss, and people more interested in the latest retro jacket than the actual football. it's a really weird thing to say but I never see a dad and son at the footy anymore and that used to make up a large portion of the packed train back to Freo Station.

I also think a lot of those 50+ supporters who've been with the club since inception have had their passion humbled through disappointment, but that disappointment hasn't just come from losses but the decision making, ownership, and associations of the club. I know plenty directly and I've had plenty of beers with this demographic and there's a sense of distate around the club. people on bigfooty will say they're 'not real supporters' but these are people who love Winston Abraham, Troy Cooke, and the Carr brothers, went to Richmond Primary, proper dyed in the wool Freo people who don't really see it as the same club anymore.

A bunch of people who got into the sport and club in adulthood in 2006, that's sort of the core now.

People bang on about the game not being the same and it's easy to say it's because of the rules, but I actually think it's because of bland private school boys dominating lists, homogenised comfortable stadiums, corporatised clubs, the lack of 'investment' at games...

I sound like I'm 65 but even in my lifetime it's changed massively.

Even small shit. I go to games now and there's a cost of living crisis and all I see are people buying 30 bucks worth of food and going to the bar for their allocated four beers every quarter. it's just a day out with some loose association to a club these days.

Was literally at the game with my kids. Grew up as passionate as anyone, but still won't wear club gear outside of game day due to being at school during the horror years when the toast were good.

There is trauma there, and it needs success to be released.

What you talk about hasn't seemed to affect Collingwood, West Coast, even the Blues. They've had success.

The club and supporters have been beaten down over and over again.

I get that your perception is your reality, and clearly ours differ significantly. I just feel that the entire supporter base is holding it's breath.

We're on a knife's edge here. Either we get success through this next period, gain some arrogance and can cheer and yell and scream with something to fall back on, gain a new wave of supporters and become a powerhouse. Or we fail, again, and this club will die.

Wonder if it's worth the club doing what the Wildcats used to do with crowds.

Was it the uni kids that got tickets in groups in prominent positions with the sole intent to make as much noise as possible?

Get sections of level one blocked out with lunatics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back