Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad we got some time, but I’m not sure I agree that JL had to be pushed into letting us be more attacking. I think that this has always been the intention but the boys didn’t necessarily feel that confidence to attack until they realised they could.

Yeah I hate that narrative (propagated by Whateley) that we fluked upon a new brand of football in that last quarter against Collingwood, As if we went from playing chip chip boring footy and within 5 minutes threw that plan out the window and adopted chaos footy and never looked back.
Our game has definitely been a patient build and Jlo’s spoken pretty openly about that the whole year.

To preempt anyone complaining that we’re not getting our due kudos this week in the media - take solace.

There were lots of danger factors to last nights game
  • coming off huge unexpected win
  • wet weather
  • lowly rated opposition who actually turned up and applied semi decent pressure

The fact we are not a headline story this week is a wonderful thing, we showed up, did what we needed to in trying conditions and banked the points. That’s growth.

Top 4 team defeating bottom 4 team is never going to be anything other than a small mention off broadway.

To preempt anyone complaining that we’re not getting our due kudos this week in the media - take solace.

There were lots of danger factors to last nights game
  • coming off huge unexpected win
  • wet weather
  • lowly rated opposition who actually turned up and applied semi decent pressure

The fact we are not a headline story this week is a wonderful thing, we showed up, did what we needed to in trying conditions and banked the points. That’s growth.

Top 4 team defeating bottom 4 team is never going to be anything other than a small mention off broadway.
Except when Carlton do it. Then they become the premiership favourites.

Except when Carlton do it. Then they become the premiership favourites.
Yeah, I don't expect much fanfare on us beating the worst team in the comp but it is hilarious the reaction in comparison.

There’s a Tim Gossage video from 2022 that’s been regurgitated today. He claimed Treacy was lazy and useless..
It’s on Reddit, which doesn’t seem to be be supported by BF
This video riles me.

He sits there tutting and laughing at other people, which is completely disrespectful in any job, and three years on looks like an idiot.

He's a genuinely nasty person and that's a streak that really only comes from West Coast people in the media. they're incredibly smarmy and snide.

He is also an a-grade knob as a human as well. he used to get plonkered on red wine and sit on the WAFL On facebook page and call 70s/80s South Fremantle people too poor to make it to Perth to watch anyone else and that's the only reason Michael, Vigona, Rioli were adulated. he's said some other shit on there that's not just lame banter but outright offensive and, frankly, thinly covered racism.

Mate of mine used to work in a café in West Perth and a bar in Subi and said he was entitled and short for his morning coffee, and then entitled and big noting for his evening merlot.

Cannot stand the guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was busy today and just saw St Kilda beat Sydney. jeez.

What's funny is last night in the post-game, they were all doing their tips for Sunday and they were all pretty obvious but Dermott Brereton went 'I actually reckon they could cause an upset, I'm not sure if I'd be confident, but they're a much stronger chance than people think.' that bland goody boy Dal Santo basically laughed at him (respect your elders and a guy who won five times as much as you – without the shagging school girls, too).

Said it before on here but old Dermie has some good insight.

You don't win five flags and stay in the media for 25 years without having an idea or two about football.

Was busy today and just saw St Kilda beat Sydney. jeez.

What's funny is last night in the post-game, they were all doing their tips for Sunday and they were all pretty obvious but Dermott Brereton went 'I actually reckon they could cause an upset, I'm not sure if I'd be confident, but they're a much stronger chance than people think.' that bland goody boy Dal Santo basically laughed at him (respect your elders and a guy who won five times as much as you – without the shagging school girls, too).

Said it before on here but old Dermie has some good insight.

You don't win five flags and stay in the media for 25 years without having an idea or two about football.

LOL. Dermie just likes to make the odd outlandish call. When he hits it’s memorable. When it doesn’t? Well no one cares.

Even what you’ve quoted is fence sitting.

Gun to head, Dermie and no one in Australia would pick Saints. Not even Ross Lyon.

This video riles me.

He sits there tutting and laughing at other people, which is completely disrespectful in any job, and three years on looks like an idiot.

He's a genuinely nasty person and that's a streak that really only comes from West Coast people in the media. they're incredibly smarmy and snide.

He is also an a-grade knob as a human as well. he used to get plonkered on red wine and sit on the WAFL On facebook page and call 70s/80s South Fremantle people too poor to make it to Perth to watch anyone else and that's the only reason Michael, Vigona, Rioli were adulated. he's said some other shit on there that's not just lame banter but outright offensive and, frankly, thinly covered racism.

Mate of mine used to work in a café in West Perth and a bar in Subi and said he was entitled and short for his morning coffee, and then entitled and big noting for his evening merlot.

Cannot stand the guy.
Yeah that video rankles me - he is undeniably a terrible bloke. People who speak like he does in the media face real consequences for their actions in real life - and he doesn't live in the real world.

Every now and then you meet someone like Gossage in society and they stand out for all the wrong reasons. Career has gone on 15 years too long, it's deplorable he still works in the industry.

This video riles me.

Cannot stand the guy.
He’s a little bitch too, burst into tears when he got sacked from Nova only the be replaced by McManus. Must be why he’s so salty towards Freo.

Yeah that video rankles me - he is undeniably a terrible bloke. People who speak like he does in the media face real consequences for their actions in real life - and he doesn't live in the real world.

Every now and then you meet someone like Gossage in society and they stand out for all the wrong reasons. Career has gone on 15 years too long, it's deplorable he still works in the industry.
I think the craziest part is to publically call someone lazy and be so certain in your opinion.

Literally would have taken a few minutes to work out he has been hard working the whole time he has been here with a quick google search.

LOL. Dermie just likes to make the odd outlandish call. When he hits it’s memorable. When it doesn’t? Well no one cares.

Even what you’ve quoted is fence sitting.

Gun to head, Dermie and no one in Australia would pick Saints. Not even Ross Lyon.
I was inclined to pick Saints because we'd made Sydney lose perfect equilbrium. Circs made for a Lyon team.

It's good for a coach who finds his team sitting bottom of the ladder with a terrible percentage to have the side who just belted his Tigers in the wet thought of as a top four side.
making excuses for his bad coaching and players , you are probably very right .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back