Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucky dog
there was a different cake today for the neighbourhood dogs, but it got dropped! the labradors didn't mind :). having dog birthday parties has been a great excuse for neighbours to get together. Most of the neighbours happen to be staunch Freo supporters, so it's awesome when you have dogs named Fyfe and Mundy - they are pretty well known around here :).

I made sure there were mini donuts and macaroons for the humans. Our son is now 26 and has left home, so the dogs have created new friendship groups (much the same as when we had swim club friends and school friends). It also helps with neighbourhood watch as we all know each others' dogs, when someone has gone away etc. When I was hospitalised and incapacitated, my neighbours took turns walking my dog. When Fyfe was a puppy, one of them would look after him so we could go to the footy.

When you eventually get back to Australia, I highly recommend getting a dog. Not only do they make great company, they become a social lubricant. It's easy to strike up a conversation with someone about their mutts.

1722701495759.png

Last edited:
I thought my sister went crazy with her dog's first birthday a couple of weekends ago. She got a piñata she filled with balls, dog-friendly cupcakes, and cooked him a steak for dinner.

You have gone to another level with the cake and a party.

I thought my sister went crazy with her dog's first birthday a couple of weekends ago. She got a piñata she filled with balls, dog-friendly cupcakes, and cooked him a steak for dinner.

You have gone to another level with the cake and a party.
this was his first cake lol. there is a very talented lady in Gosnells who uses her arts degree (sculpture) to make dog cakes :)

1722705157029.png

there was a different cake today for the neighbourhood dogs, but it got dropped! the labradors didn't mind :). having dog birthday parties has been a great excuse for neighbours to get together. Most of the neighbours happen to be staunch Freo supporters, so it's awesome when you have dogs named Fyfe and Mundy - they are pretty well known around here :).

I made sure there were mini donuts and macaroons for the humans. Our son is now 26 and has left home, so the dogs have created new friendship groups (much the same as when we had swim club friends and school friends). It also helps with neighbourhood watch as we all know each others' dogs, when someone has gone away etc. When I was hospitalised and incapacitated, my neighbours took turns walking my dog. When Fyfe was a puppy, one of them would look after him so we could go to the footy.

When you eventually get back to Australia, I highly recommend getting a dog. Not only do they make great company, they become a social lubricant. It's easy to strike up a conversation with someone about their mutts.

View attachment 2068123

I hope one of your friends has a dog name Clive, it would be the skittish one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joey defs a massive soft spot for us

He looks absolutely filthy when Merett walks it out of the middle

before getting on with his job like a pro

He works for the club.

Yeah, that's not good, another terrible example of how lob-sided towards Vic bias the AFL operates. The Dockers task is always that much harder; but alas............the show must go on

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back