Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of national exposure having clear air as the final game of the round with no overlap is actually probably better than being the undercard saturday night game relegated to fox, running at the same time as the channel 7 game

Just sucks that we don't get to recklessly get on the beers after the game

From 21:30 - stats basically confirming what the eyes suggest and what we’ve known all year. We’re the 4th easiest team in the league to score against off clearance, so if we’re getting spanked in the clearances we’re up against it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to know if it's true? Are they both on $900K each? Probs not.
If you ban the naysayers, then you are just a Kool Aid drinker

It is not banning naysayers. It is banning Kane because he brings it up almost weekly and it has gone way beyond boring.

I just want to know if it's true? Are they both on $900K each? Probs not.
If you ban the naysayers, then you are just a Kool Aid drinker
There's naysayers, and there's Cornes. He says this every single time we lose a game. I'm sure you could find like 6 identical clips. He has no statistics or analysis to back anything up. The most he gave was Jackson's stats with and without Darcy, which makes no sense because he's playing an entirely different position. Literally the week before he went on radio and said that if Darcy really wanted to prove himself then he would dismantle Melbourne with no ruck, and he did just that, but Kane obviously is never going to revisit that.

If he came here with a whole range of numbers around our peroformance in the ruck/clearances and scores from clearances, wins/losses, points per game etc etc or literally anything that proves we're better as a team with Jackson as a lone ruck then maybe it's worth giving it some thought. But he doesn't, and so it's not worth listening to. Even the most surface level analysis tells you that we average around 26 more points a game with Darcy and Jackson playing together than with Jackson alone.

There's a conversation to be had around their effectiveness for their cost (even though we're clearly not troubled with salary cap at all and so it's a bid redundant) but you can't base that conversation of off vibes.

Last edited:
Just my early opinion I reckon Youngy may end up the best of the current trilogy (Serong and Brayshaw) when they all retire.

Someone made a comment on the game day Thread as a future brownlow medallist.

It's hard to argue especially with his hair which we know gets the umpire's attention
he could be a dark horse for the Brownlow

Just my early opinion I reckon Youngy may end up the best of the current trilogy (Serong and Brayshaw) when they all retire.

Someone made a comment on the game day Thread as a future brownlow medallist.

It's hard to argue especially with his hair which we know gets the umpire's attention

i havent seen anyone say it but hes just DAVID MUNDY, maybe slightly better
lets hope he has the longevity

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back