Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan will always frustrate me as a lazy player who seems to just pick up empty disposals, but good on him for making another AA team.
Respectfully, I reckon your analysis is the lazy one.
Ryan busts a gut for Freo.
Yes, some of his decision making has been slow & boring at times, but he certainly is not lazy IMO

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've just seen this video about how harshly we have been treated since our inception and upteen obstacles we've had to face that no other club has ever endured. It's really well put together ,a must watch. The video tends to drop out a few times so you just have to go back in and find were to continue.

Being JB and Billy it is going to be a lot of nonsense but the main tl;dr:

• Scenario training during the pre-season so we don't drop those close ones is something that was constantly mentioned in exit meetings.
  • Treacy loves a beer but has been off the booze all year. I daresay that has something to do with his improvement.
  • Darcy goes hard when he drinks but has apparently been really good and understands his position and importance to the team. Reading between the lines I'd say he has been spoken to about his professionalism and getting into shape.
  • Forward connection is something that improved this season but needs to go another step next year.

Yes, some of his decision making has been slow & boring at times, but he certainly is not lazy IMO

Plus it's hard to kick to a free player when no one is making space.

When they do, he finds them.

Plus it's hard to kick to a free player when no one is making space.

When they do, he finds them.
It's harder to make space when the player with the ball has taken all day to make a decision.

Can't fault his effort imo but he's hesitant with ball in hand and doesn't bite off kicks that I honestly believe he has the ability to.

He's a good kick but the stats should say he's not if that makes sense. Needs back himself more and not just when Treacy is in the side.

Being JB and Billy it is going to be a lot of nonsense but the main tl;dr:
  • Scenario training during the pre-season so we don't drop those close ones is something that was constantly mentioned in exit meetings.
Reading between the lines here, the only players that would mention this are those that played in the close games we lost, i.e. best 22 players. A depth player being delisted like Tabener or Stanley would not bring that up in their exit interview. This would confirm at least one b22 player is leaving. The fact that it was "constantly mentioned" would imply more then one. I know it sounds silly but we will might need to lose some players to bring in Pickett and Bolton, especially if Warner is still a possibility by some miracle.

Last edited:
Reading between the lines here, the only players that would mention this are those that played in the close games we lost, i.e. best 22 players. A depth player being delisted like Tabener or Stanley would not bring that up in their exit interview. This would confirm at least one b22 player is leaving. The fact that it was "constantly mentioned" would imply more then one. I know it sounds silly but we will might need to lose some players to bring in Pickett and Bolton, especially if Warner is still a possibility by some miracle.
Every player has exit meetings no??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call there, it's just frustrating sometimes watching him come up second best when he's manned up on someone, because we know how good he can be.

It sometimes feels like he's jogging to the contest rather than just running as hard as he can.

Ahhh if that's the case then my bad. "Exit interview" sounds so ominous if it's something every player does 😂
It will still be ominous for some…

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

It will still be ominous for some…

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Yep my understanding is it’s essentially a performance meeting where player, their management and club discuss the player’s season, where player and club see that player next season and some talk about how to approach off season to meet the player’s goals for the next season.

Every player has one but what is discussed and the outcomes would vary significantly from player to player.

I've just seen this video about how harshly we have been treated since our inception and upteen obstacles we've had to face that no other club has ever endured. It's really well put together ,a must watch. The video tends to drop out a few times so you just have to go back in and find were to continue.

A great insight into the hardships and forced trauma, by the AFL, on our new club.
Never wanted by the AFL and WAFL. And later the WFC.Still not really wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back