Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair call there, it's just frustrating sometimes watching him come up second best when he's manned up on someone, because we know how good he can be.

It sometimes feels like he's jogging to the contest rather than just running as hard as he can.
A bit like Mundy used to saunter along!!!!!!

Adrian Barich can go eat a smelly ass, the most disinterested sports host if the Weagles aren't involved or people with able bodies competing at the Olympics. Total tosser.

"The AFL has hired highly experienced former West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett to help the league deal with clubs on key areas such as competitive balance and club funding."

Right.

So the bloke at the most resourced club in the land for 400 years and nowhere else is going to make decisions and give advice on evening up the playing field. Hahahahahahahahahaha. This is the bloke that would literally scream at exiting staff who announce they were thankful for their time there at WC but were taking up a better paid position at Freo because he had that much hatred for Freo and was shocked that you would no longer give up all your time in a poorly paid position for The Brand. I can't think of a more unsuitable person in the industry bar Eddie to do that job.

And is the govt hiring Clive Palmer to manage Centrlink. FFS. AFL continues to amaze me.

Last edited:
A great insight into the hardships and forced trauma, by the AFL, on our new club.
Never wanted by the AFL and WAFL. And later the WFC.Still not really wanted.
Its true but there’s only once answer to this shitty treatment, even now.

Win the ****ing flag.

Thats why last weekends meek capitulation by our boys with finals on the line was so disappointing.
We will never win respect in the AFL until we win the whole thing out. If this list can’t do it, it will never happen.

"The AFL has hired highly experienced former West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett to help the league deal with clubs on key areas such as competitive balance and club funding."

Right.

So the bloke at the most resourced club in the land for 400 years and nowhere else is going to make decisions and give advice on evening up the playing field. Hahahahahahahahahaha. This is the bloke that would literally scream at exiting staff who announce they were thankful for their time there at WC but were taking up a better paid position at Freo because he had that much hatred for Freo and was shocked that you would no longer give up all your time in a poorly paid position for The Brand. I can't think of a more unsuitable person in the industry bar Eddie to do that job.

And is the govt hiring Clive Palmer to manage Centrlink. FFS. AFL continues to amaze me.
Disagree

Any non Vic the AFL hires is a win

The AFL have had West Aussies lead the Boys Club plenty of times, yet what benefit have they been to our two WA clubs?.
They have had SFA influence.
Goyder ffs.

What a waste of space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right.

Suspect Nisbett would be absolutely perfect for highlighting how to make money, it's the other part - the competitive balance of factors that affect performance he wouldn't be too crash hot at.

Eagles pretty much took a nosedive the moment they could no longer throw money at all their problems, and they're doomed to be an Essendon / Carlton style of club for the next decade because of it - so yeah go off AFL, get in the guy that oversaw that :rolleyes:.

Suspect Nisbett would be absolutely perfect for highlighting how to make money, it's the other part - the competitive balance of factors that affect performance he wouldn't be too crash hot at.

Eagles pretty much took a nosedive the moment they could no longer throw money at all their problems, and they're doomed to be an Essendon / Carlton style of club for the next decade because of it - so yeah go off AFL, get in the guy that oversaw that :rolleyes:.
How to make money as eagles CEO

Step 1. Have a large built in membership base.

Step 2. Profit

Im sure he has a great understanding of being a small club in a crowded market or an expansion club in a rugby state.

Goyder ffs.

What a waste of space.
He’s a businessman first and foremost. I was naive in believing that we may get at least a tiny benefit when he joined AFL commission since he was on our board. Clearly him joining the FFC board was used as a springboard to further his career (footy related career that is). The only benefit from his involvement that I can think of was a decent sponsorship deal with Woodside (could have possibly happened anyway with or without him).

He is. He was on the FFC Board.
But Fitzpatrick is originally West Aussie.
Jackson who was head of the VFL!! I think may have been AFL, was South Aussie, never did anything to make life easier for non VFL clubs.
In order to get on the gravy train, you have to agree to go to the predetermined destination. It's on tracks, it doesn't deviate.

Right.

I absolutely hate the guy, but it would be difficult for him to prioritise the Eagles' interests over Freo in that role. You would have to assume he is advocating for WA generally. At least let's hope so

Yet another show that the VFL is still alive and going well with the naming of a medal after Ron Barassi.
As a West Aussie, it hurt ssme to know that probably the greatest player in the VFL, was Graham , Polly, Farmer. Why is there no Medal named after him?Even great of the VFL have named Polly as the greatest. He was a player that changed the way the game was played.He is more than a legend of the game.

I am sure that other states could name great players that held the VFL clubs together that deserve a mention somewhere along the line.
Nothing has changed since 1987, well yes I guess things have changed, they just keep naming awards after former VFL players.

Last edited:
Yet another show that the VFL is still alive and going well with the naming of a medal after Ron Barassi.
As a West Aussie, it hurt ssme to know that probably the greatest player in the VFL, was Graham , Polly, Farmer. Why is there no Medal named after him?Even great of the VFL have named Pooly as the greatest. He was a player that changed the way the game was played.He is more than a legend of the game.

I am sure that other states could name great players that held the VFL clubs together that deserve a mention somewhere along the line.
Nothing has changed since 1987, well yes I guess things have changed, they just keep naming awards after former VFL players.
Victorians gonna Victorian unfortunately…

As a West Aussie, it hurt ssme to know that probably the greatest player in the VFL, was Graham , Polly, Farmer. Why is there no Medal named after him?Even great of the VFL have named Polly as the greatest. He was a player that changed the way the game was played.He is more than a legend of the game.

he gets a loud 'cheer' every time we ride our bikes through his tunnel. Not a bad legacy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back