Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This chart of 2023 revenue is minus pokies. View attachment 2107813

If there is one graph that explains why WA teams will never get any draft or travel concessions this is it.

Simply no competition for AFL in WA for other winter sports. They don’t need to do anything.

Insert an NRL team that is even making Giants level of cash and all of a sudden things will change. As far as success for WA teams go I think this would be the best option for us. Doubt it will ever happen though.

If there is one graph that explains why WA teams will never get any draft or travel concessions this is it.

Simply no competition for AFL in WA for other winter sports. They don’t need to do anything.

Insert an NRL team that is even making Giants level of cash and all of a sudden things will change. As far as success for WA teams go I think this would be the best option for us. Doubt it will ever happen though.
And what is South Aussies sporting competition that challenges the AFL?

We should offer North picks 10 and 26 for their 2025 1st and 22.

This takes 9 and 10 together off the table. Positions us better for Warner. We keep 3 top 25 picks this year.

it looks like a bad deal for North but
  • no guarantees that North don’t improve
  • this draft is considered strong next year less certain
  • they get a strong kid 1 year earlier

Sure it wasn't from the Dogs?
lol, no im sure.

What’s changing? 

Following an in-depth review of our membership packages, we have implemented some changes to the Season Reserved Seat membership next season.

As a result, the cost of the Category 1 Season Reserved Seat will be increased to:

Adult: $1,050
Concession/Rookie: $850
Junior: $620

Since our move to Optus Stadium in 2018, we’ve worked hard to maintain the price of your membership. However, to keep up with rising operational costs and maintain the high standard of service you expect, we’ve made the decision to adjust the membership price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great approach. In an industry with lots of irrelevant stats on and off the field, membership numbers would have to be up there as the worst of them.
Tell that to my cat. All she wants is to be a Freo member.

Great approach. In an industry with lots of irrelevant stats on and off the field, membership numbers would have to be up there as the worst of them.
First game I ever went to at the G was Melbourne v Brisbane last season where Melbourne came back from 4 goals down late.

Before the game the Melbourne pre-match was all about how they had broken their membership record of 67000 members.

They had 38000 in attendance and I think nearly 40% where Brisbane fans.

Membership numbers mean nothing.

Is there a supporter tally for Bigfooty members? I think that would be a far better indicator of actual team support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back