MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0511.jpeg

GSFxviWaUAQcVGv

I'm the first to put my hand up and say I'm not an Owies fan, but this is just wrong!!! Club needs to pull out all stops and challenge this all the way through to the Interplanetary Supreme Court of Justice.

And that clown Christian should just **** off and get a job at a circus.

Haha, problem is he already works at a circus!!!!

Surely after the Bedford and others being thrown out this also is.

Problem I see is that both arms were pinned. Graded medium is our only play I think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the AFL is smart, they'll challenge the Jones incident to get ahead of a Carlton challenge on Owies.
I don't think it works that way? My understanding is that the AFL rubber-stamps all the MRO decisions before they are released. The only thing they will appeal is a tribunal decision.

I'm the first to put my hand up and say I'm not an Owies fan, but this is just wrong!!! Club needs to pull out all stops and challenge this all the way through to the Interplanetary Supreme Court of Justice.

And that clown Christian should just **** off and get a job at a circus .
.....and the punchline to all of this is that Owies got the free kick off the umpire.....opps!!! If both Higgins and Cadman got up and played out their respective games then both tackles should be be deemed the same......low impact. Bloody Christian must have played in a lot of losing games against Carlton that`s for sure!!! :mad:

So by the MROs logic, Heeney's backhand is worse than Jones' tackle. Let alone the inconsistent calls between what Owies did and the tackle Jones laid. What a joke!
And Maynard ended some bloke's career last year with 'no case to answer.'
The bloke's a ****ing joke who claims to be independant. Total biased bullshit.

And that clown Christian should just **** off and get a job at a circus.
If Owies is not in the mix for selection it'll be a nice way for the club to "drop" him. We only challenge for our must have's and considering Owies has not even been offered a contract I doubt we challenge.

If Owies is not in the mix for selection it'll be a nice way for the club to "drop" him. We only challenge for our must have's and considering Owies has not even been offered a contract I doubt we challenge.
Dunno, reckon we should challenge and send a message to the team that that sort of tackle pressure is recognised and needs to continue next week and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we challenge. Regardless of whether he has been offered a contract or not. He is the third highest scorer at the club.

The only reason it’s an issue because Jones has got off, wasn’t Bedford suspended just last week for a tackle nearly the same as Jones.

Tackles like Owies have been a week all year. It’s disappointing but it’s pretty consistent.

Last edited:
Watching the clip of Owies run down tackle, the ball spills to BamBam, and some St kilda flog tackles him from behind in EXACTLY the same manner. The difference is Kennedy does not hit his head.

The INTENT is identical, so is that not also worth a week?

Clown show.

Last edited:
Jones got a free kick against for a dangerous tackle and Owies got a free kick for running down his opponent....the reasoning for the impact assessments are not clear to me

Not to mention the Jones incident was the actual definition of a sling tackle (changing momentum and dumping the player to the side). The Owies one was a continuation of momentum as he was running in that direction to perform a chase down tackle.

The issue is there was more head contact with the ground with the Owies tackle. I find it a farce that it’s so outcome driven. There needs to be a better way.

Carlton will challenge and use Dangerfield as an example of momentum propelling Higgins forward.
I would think the Bedford tackle of taranto was very similar. Momentum carrying both players forward. And he got off eventually even though taranto was injured.
Common sense would say owies would get off but ......... :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back