MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0511.jpeg

GSFxviWaUAQcVGv

Shouldn't have been cited to begin with AFAIC.

But because he has, best way to get him off is to get impact downgraded to low.

Careless conduct, low impact and high contact equals a fine. I don't agree with it but at least he doesn't miss a game.

Nah, because it’s the head and they use potential to cause serious injury, medium is the default.
Had the potential to put him in a wheelchair but that’s on the actions of Mansell not Boydy.
Go in with 2 angles sure but definitely go in to chuck the charge out in the bin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah, because it’s the head and they use potential to cause serious injury, medium is the default.
Had the potential to put him in a wheelchair but that’s on the actions of Mansell not Boydy.
Go in with 2 angles sure but definitely go in to chuck the charge out in the bin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Actions of Mansell contributed to the impact so its why I'm hoping for the downgrade.

But agree that getting it thrown out would be best outcome

Shouldn't have been cited to begin with AFAIC.

But because he has, best way to get him off is to get impact downgraded to low.

Careless conduct, low impact and high contact equals a fine. I don't agree with it but at least he doesn't miss a game.
It was not careless. He should not be required to anticipate a player ducking AFTER the player begins to RISE. That’s not him lacking care.
That’s requiring him to predict sheer stupidity.

It was not careless. He should not be required to anticipate a player ducking AFTER the player begins to RISE. That’s not him lacking care.
As stated, I would not have cited him to begin with. No case to answer afaic.

The "careless" bit didn't come from me. I'm just using the grading applied by the esteemed and impartial Match Review Officer.

That campaigner Christian loves rubbing out our lad Boyd.

He’s amassing a career of the most stupid ****ing suspensions on record.
I would love to know just how many players from his old club Christian has rubbed out in his time as MRO, because I cannot recall any recent ones......especially that serial offending Maynard prick!!!:devil:

Christian and the AFL probably just trying to show they’re doing the right thing protecting the head, covering their own asses..

Boydy will get off on appeal, if it doesn’t get thrown out before then…

It is a waste of time, resources and money though…
If they were serious about protecting the head, they should say something about the ones which duck in order to try and win a free kick...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard leaps into the air and takes Brayshaw's head off and ending his career in the process... nothing... deemed an accident from a footballing act...

Moore 2/3 games drives his knee into opponents ribs (ending one player's season)... nothing... deemed an accident from a footballing act...

Boyd running in for a tackle ( in other words a footballing act), Mansell ducks his head... 1 week.

The filth bias is too obvious now, get that ****wit out of there.

There are still a few AFL players that are using the Ginnivan method to try to get a free by leading with their head just like Mansell, and like you said the tackling player cannot hesitate while running in and try to anticipate what they will do!!! The AFL clamped down on Ginnivan for a little while but there is now a certain magpie player (who is the latest protected species in the AFL) who goes by the name Daicos that has mastered the art of dropping like Ginnivan or shuffling like Selwood, and also leading with his head like Mansell did, so it will be interesting to see if the AFL does anything about those deliberate acts this time, as those players are just looking for cheap frees but could end up with permanent concussion/brain damage and the poor bugger that bumps them will be crucified.......:eek:

Last edited:
There was only one player careless in that contest and it wasn't Boyd.

Players need to be deterred for ducking their heads like that. Only a matter of time until someone gets seriously injured.

Deliberately duck your head into front on contact should be a free kick to the tackler immediately.

If Boyd doesn't get off it will be an outrage to the game.

If they were serious about protecting the head, they should say something about the ones which duck in order to try and win a free kick...
I’d be giving players who put their own health and safety at high risk a suspension with these type of stupid ducking acts to gain a free kick, it would certainly have an impact going forward on the players mindset on these potential dangerous actions…

Won’t happen just like the low act punches to the body or head area which could be cleaned up pretty much immediately but no they want their financial gains by handing out loads of fines on a weekly basis $$$$

Last edited:
There are still a few AFL players that are using the Ginnivan method to try to get a free by leading with their head just like Mansell, and like you said the tackling player cannot hesitate while running in and try to anticipate what they will do!!! The AFL clamped down on Ginnivan for a little while but there is now a certain magpie player (who is the latest protected species in the AFL) who goes by the name Daicos that has mastered the art of dropping like Ginnivan or shuffling like Selwood, and also leading with his head like Mansell did, so it will be interesting to see if the AFL does anything about those deliberate acts this time, as those players are just looking for cheap frees but could end up with permanent concussion/brain damage and the poor bugger that bumps them will be crucified.......:eek:
....you don't know how much it boils my blood every time I see Daicos win a free with a lifted arm.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back