MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0511.jpeg

GSFxviWaUAQcVGv

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Create confusion and eventually players will stop doing any action that can be deciphered in a myriad of ways. The tackle and bump/hip&shoulder will be all but gone in a few years, still in the rule book but players too scared to execute them and one day in 50 years from now someone will execute one and the crowd and commentators will go "what was that? Is that legal?".

How do you figure?
They were both bad tackles with both arms pinned that resulted in concussions.

Pretty clear 3 weeks.

Oooo I didn’t think Bedfords was a bad tackle at all, chase down from behind, pulled him down and Taranto hits his head.

I didn’t see any sling, any driving motion, multiple actions or anything excessive.

Cameron’s was a little different as he didn’t need to take the player to ground, so you could argue that was two motions.

So I guess I only have a problem with the Bedford one

Oooo I didn’t think Bedfords was a bad tackle at all, chase down from behind, pulled him down and Taranto hits his head.

I didn’t see any sling, any driving motion, multiple actions or anything excessive.

Cameron’s was a little different as he didn’t need to take the player to ground, so you could argue that was two motions.

So I guess I only have a problem with the Bedford one
Yeah, that's fair.
I think Bedford's unlucky, but it's one of those where when you pin both arms, you're liable.
Which is how it's been for a couple of years.

Thought Charlie should be 2-3 so I’ve got no issue with it. Do not agree with suggestions Duggan contributed to it.

Bedford, I thought, would be one week; 3 weeks seems excessive.

But I think both should be suspended.

MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back