Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we finally started to see some better footy late in the game, unfortunately left it too late

Will we start to click? Still can't get a read on it
Agree. Good signs tonight from Ollie and Kemp.

Loved Fogarty’s game, that smother and goal was brilliant…had a touch of the Earl Spaldings about it.

Deep breath...

That was gutting, tears in the eyes stuff. But...

Would one kick have changed everything? Yes, and that's footy.

Was our hope of a premiership already over (after last 3 losses)? I think so.

Will our learn from and be motivated by this? Surely. Captain will drive.

Will this destroy self belief? No. 4 pretty narrow losses, while all in games we should have won, proves we are close.

Will it help us be decisive making some changes this off season? I believe so.

Should we stop supporting our team? F*** NO.

Will the filth recover to win premiership? No chance.

My mum passed away just before Xmas and she’s the reason why I’m Carlton… I’ve been riding this season so much harder than usual, so many emotions and ups and downs but.. This one hurts, big time actually, like hurts my heart. We were 2nd 😿..
Should’ve known it was an omen when her favourite player Doc went down in the opening round. I’m genuinely devasted, considering it’s already been a rough few months, dealing with this disappointment on top of everything else just feels like a dagger tbh… I watch every single week and cheer them on, I dunno if I can next week, not because I want to or I don’t love them, but I think I just need to not engage, it hurts too much my hearts already broken as it is 😿. Love the fight back, I really do, but the first 3 qtrs can go in the bin.. Love you Crippa and Weiters… Sick of losing to them, hasn’t this club had enough of our number 1 arch enemy owning us for the best part of 2 decades? Or they don’t care, I’m 33 and seen nothing but loss after loss after loss after loss to maybe one miracle win here or there sprinkled throughout my time being fully invested into since probably since 2003ish onwards.. Nothing but loss after loss to that pathetic excuse of a football club yet they just continue to make us their b***h and rub salt in our wounds, constantly..
Season over, top 4 is just too important and we blew it.

Agree. Good signs tonight from Ollie and Kemp.

Loved Fogarty’s game, that smother and goal was brilliant…had a touch of the Earl Spaldings about it.

Ollie didn't get as much of it as I thought, but I really liked his endeavour tonight. One game where the stats belied how well he went.

I was thinking more of the very obvious throws, the marks paid that should not have been to them, the marks not paid to us, the one handed over the shoulder throw at HF, the push in the back that has not been paid all year...just a couple of issues. I didn't notice KID.
I agree, Pies got some iffy frees. In the last I thought there was a few KIDs that could have been payed. But I was watching with my blue glasses on 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What annoys me is that I’m starting to nod my head at the ultra negative supporters who only post here when we’re crap, and vanish when we’re playing well.

I might take a break. Maybe let them rule this joint for the while so they can discuss sacking Voss and delisting half the squad in peace and quiet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Voss is probably the most tactically inept coach in the AFL. I don't think I've seen someone be so outcoached so consistently. It'd be impressive if he didn't coach my club. The sooner we get rid the better imo.

It's not all doom and gloom. Really strange game that we should've won comfortably.

Poor kicking, a motivated opponent and some serious pressure lapses all cumulated in a 3 point loss to the reigning premier.

Cripps, Newman, Hewett, Fogarty, Saad, McGovern, Elijah, Acres, Kennedy, Kemp and Weitering can all hold their heads up.

People potting MM for the kick after the siren please please please grow up and realise if you wanted a better result then maybe you should have been better, got drafted, taken the kick and played this wonderful game. Proud of the Blues...we can bounce back, we will bounce back. Get around Mitch and let him know life goes on.

bit hard to pick who to barrack for next though this year

If I could guarantee my support would go unrewarded, I'd gladly curse a host of teams.

I don’t really want to make the 8.

This season has been a failure.

Some really promising signs early but this back end fade out has been eye opening.

Playing very in-cohesive, flat footy.
I think it's fair to say that we look like a bunch of individuals, in stark contrast to the machine we were in the first part of the year.

Its clearly an issue with motivation, fitness and effort.

Hard to assign fault or blame accurately between players, match committee and coaches but however you carve that pie it's clearly working as well as this metaphor

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Back