Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If that’s the case should just use 2 on him. It’s not that much of a reach.
But yeah I’m sure there scoping out every possibility.
Hold the pick until draft night then you will see who’s real keen when the whips are cracking
Yeah I agree. Tauru looks like he could be unbelievable. I’m all in on him.
I do like my idea, :drunk: , of trying to trade our F1 for Crows 4. Don’t think it’d be straight swap, but think it’s got merit. We might need to sweeten the deal…..sounds nuts I know.

I do like my idea, :drunk: , of trying to trade our F1 for Crows 4. Don’t think it’d be straight swap, but think it’s got merit. We might need to sweeten the deal…..sounds nuts I know.

I love your idea.

Doesn’t sound nuts……but I’m not sure the crows are in a position to miss an early pick this year. Not sure we’d have enough sugar to sweeten this deal lol

Carlton want Draper. They’ve got no shot either way.
Do they? I thought they wanted FOS.
This is where shit could get crazy on draft night. Crows should be the spot we are targeting. We’d need Tigers to be all in on FOS for my plan to come fruition. Would see Lalor slide but right where Tigers would want him too. We should be talking to Richmond about helping them get the 2 players they want and them helping us get ours.
Tigers take FOS
We take Tauru
Blues take Draper
Crows?? - our F1 and F2/F3
We take Langford/Armstrong
Dees take -Lalor/Langford
Tigers take - Lalor
Saints - Smith
Saints - who cares.

Do they? I thought they wanted FOS.
This is where shit could get crazy on draft night. Crows should be the spot we are targeting. We’d need Tigers to be all in on FOS for my plan to come fruition. Would see Lalor slide but right where Tigers would want him too. We should be talking to Richmond about helping them get the 2 players they want and them helping us get ours.
Tigers take FOS
We take Tauru
Blues take Draper
Crows?? - our F1 and F2/F3
We take Langford/Armstrong
Dees take -Lalor/Langford
Tigers take - Lalor
Saints - Smith
Saints - who cares.
No way Smith gets to Saints. I would rather get Smith/FOS/Lalor at 2 than reach for Alix.

Been back and watched a fair bit more footage of Tauru. I understand the excitement, especially with his contested marking, competitiveness and athletic profile but for mine I’ll be really disappointed if we reach for him with a pick inside the top 15 let alone the top 5.

As a forward he doesn’t have the natural forward instincts and craft to be a gun at AFL level. I think those traits are integral for a key forward to be successful. In recent years I can’t think of one raw athletic tall who has gone on to be a gun key forward that didn’t have heaps of exposure as a forward in juniors? Maybe Aaron Naughton might be the only exception.

I really rate his marking and closing speed in the back half but his kicking is dead set below average. You can’t be spending premium picks on kids that can’t kick regardless of athletic profile and potential upside.

NM Out: #2 & #F2
NM In: #10, #11, #23.
RICH In: #2 & NM F2.
RICH Out: #10, #11 & #23

Personally don't like trading out F1 rather F2 to get back into this draft.
Picks 6 & 10 would be ideal for #2 but l think the Tiggers will want another top 10 pick before Saints 7 & 8 picks.
If this scenario plays out:
#10 - Allan/Lindsay.
#11 - Trainor/Tauru.
#23 - Gerreyn/Shanahan.
Well ohmygewd that is certainly different! You must remember that Brady has said that we would be available to trade back a few spots if we got the right deal, our player might not be there in this scenario, I think 8 spots is a little much.

If we don’t take Tauru at 2 I’m tipping he’s gone at 5 to the Dees.
Hope we are exploring a way to get 4 and some change off the crows. Wondering if we’ve floated our F1 to the crows. Surely we have. Puts them in a great spot possibly for Sharp next year. They’d listen you’d think.
2 and 4 would be a decent haul to play with. FOS and Tauru.
Even Tauru and Armstrong.
Tauru and Langford.
Rival clubs would just be guessing on what we might do. We might be keen on Tauru at pick 11-14 for all we know, or maybe it's misdirection and we lowkey want Armstrong/Shanahan/J Whitlock/Trainor. Lots of games being played.
I think Dees take one of Langford/Smillie/M Reid at pick 5, getting a better quality mid and go for a tall at pick 9.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back