Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

*Trawling one board on BF for options

Our first this AND next year? For pick 6 & 11?
Someone has been smoking something
Yeah would never happen

This is going to be a deal where we get an extra pick if we split 2

if they want a straight swap deal then it’s f1 for pick 6

Seriously, why the **** do they let some crap like this go to print. That trade is a joke or he is a Richmond or afl head office supporter

WILL TIGERS, ROOS DO A PICK SWAP?

Much intrigue remains over whether Richmond and North Melbourne will do a deal which could land the Tigers the first two picks in this year’s national draft.

It is believed that the Kangaroos are open to trading pick two and a future first-round selection to Richmond, in exchange for picks six and 11 in this year’s draft.

Such a deal would still leave the Tigers with seven early selections this year — at picks 1, 2, 10, 19, 20, 23 and 24 — along with two first-round picks next year.

Could the Tigers be planning a major move? Picture: Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Could the Tigers be planning a major move? Picture: Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images
It would also give North Melbourne access to a second high-end talent in this year’s bumper draft as the club looks to accelerate its rebuild.

The Kangaroos have said publicly that they would “entertain a slide” from pick two, with their focus not being on some of the high-end midfielders at the pointy end of this draft.

North Melbourne has been heavily linked to Gippsland Power utility Alix Tauru, who the Kangaroos could likely still snag at pick six.
Which knob jockey wrote this tripe

Can we please, please, PLEASE draft this kid? No more talking of splitting the pick or doing any fancy deals. There is a series of brilliant highlights in this clip and I urge you to watch the whole thing, but if nothing else, skip to 3:53 and watch the following 10 seconds. Tell me then that you don't want this kid in our side. OMG.

Yeah would never happen

This is going to be a deal where we get an extra pick if we split 2

if they want a straight swap deal then it’s f1 for pick 6
Its either Richmond setting a high price or North Melbourne conditioning their fans. Either way probably indicative that some of the mooted deals suggested on this thread for Pick 2 and F1 are way off

Its either Richmond setting a high price or North Melbourne conditioning their fans. Either way probably indicative that some of the mooted deals suggested on this thread for Pick 2 and F1 are way off
Then I hope we hold firm and be prepared to walk away......it's a shocking deal for us with no guarantee we get who we want.
I'd prefer we look sliding back 1 spot with Carlton for a F2 or something or even Adelaide.

Pick 2 to pick 6 is terrible, that's essentially the deal with our F1 for 11....another shocker

Can we please, please, PLEASE draft this kid? No more talking of splitting the pick or doing any fancy deals. There is a series of brilliant highlights in this clip and I urge you to watch the whole thing, but if nothing else, skip to 3:53 and watch the following 10 seconds. Tell me then that you don't want this kid in our side. OMG.
Probably best to direct this to Will Thursfield.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Well ohmygewd that is certainly different! You must remember that Brady has said that we would be available to trade back a few spots if we got the right deal, our player might not be there in this scenario, I think 8 spots is a little much.
I hear what Brady's said but his team has been so tight lip which is great for the guessing game and media except for that article!! Do l believe him if that's what you are inferring..l don't believe any of these list managers at this time of the year because this the game they are playing - who's bluffing, who's telling the truth and who's blustering.

IMO, I take my NMFC blinders off and look at this draft and ask yourself, if l had 5 & 9 (Dees) do you make the trade for 2 or if you have 7&8 (Saints) do you make the trade for 2? You know the talent pool better than most so if you are the Dees or Saints would you trade up?
So it leaves us with only the Tigers to deal with and that article of trading 2 and F1 for 6 & 11 is utter bollocks - trade 2 and possible 1-4 next year for 6 &11...dreaming hows 2 & F1 for 6,10,11 and 18.

Andy Brayshaw twin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed mate. If we want talls I’d suggest picking Smith at 2 and seeking 2 x picks in the 25-35 range. Essendon have 28 &31 which would otherwise be sucked into their academy bid, so maybe we can play for those picks. O’Farrell likely to be available and as always there will be sliders.

Its a great highlight package.

If we trade F1 for 5/6/7 then I'd be happy to take him at 2 and a tall with the second pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back