Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The intensity of Draper compliments both LDU and GW. GW is just a straight up animal and LDU is a clean speedster. Draper seems to have a combination of both.

Does love a well placed handball to get the secondary touch. .

Draper is fast too. If he could impact the scoreboard more he'd be in the conversation for pick 1.

I’d use pick 2 on lalor only…..otherwise the split has to be done. The flying Viking will be insane (and we seem to know it)

I come in peace ….

This is where splitting 2 becomes a must. Tauru will get to 6. North don’t need mids. We’ve seen that a glut of mids drafted to Roos in the first round from 2017-2023 means nothing if you don’t have the KPP’s to compliment.

So if you retain #2 you probably take Tauru anyway. So may as well slide to #6, get Tauru and get a bonus pick in a deep draft. If by chance someone else takes Tauru prior to 6, then a gun midfielder slides to 6 anyway (Langford, Draper, Jagga etc…) and you have the extra pick for a tall in the 20’s.

So #6 & a pick from 18-24 for #2 is a no-brainer IF nothing better comes along. I’d try to get better, just not sure anyone else will come to the party.

If you trade #2 and a F1 for 6 & 11 then that’s not ideal for you, and would show Clarko is very impatient to get some wins and isn’t interested in yet another top-10 draftee in 2025 he has to wait on to develop. But Tauru and Armstrong/Shanahan at 6 & 11 would be very tempting to fill the holes you need to fill, even if you pay overs for the privilege.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I come in peace ….

This is where splitting 2 becomes a must. Tauru will get to 6. North don’t need mids. We’ve seen that a glut of mids drafted to Roos in the first round from 2017-2023 means nothing if you don’t have the KPP’s to compliment.

So if you retain #2 you probably take Tauru anyway. So may as well slide to #6, get Tauru and get a bonus pick in a deep draft. If by chance someone else takes Tauru prior to 6, then a gun midfielder slides to 6 anyway (Langford, Draper, Jagga etc…) and you have the extra pick for a tall in the 20’s.

So #6 & a pick from 18-24 for #2 is a no-brainer IF nothing better comes along. I’d try to get better, just not sure anyone else will come to the party.

If you trade #2 and a F1 for 6 & 11 then that’s not ideal for you, and would show Clarko is very impatient to get some wins and isn’t interested in yet another top-10 draftee in 2025 he has to wait on to develop. But Tauru and Armstrong/Shanahan at 6 & 11 would be very tempting to fill the holes you need to fill, even if you pay overs for the privilege.

Another delusional Tiger supporter...

Again, if you could somehow compute this into your tiny little brain. You are not getting pick 2 for picks 6 & 18. It will be 6 & 10 or 11 or it will be nothing.

We’ll be just fine with pick 2 so buzz off back to your own board and don’t come back.

I come in peace ….

Oh god. Somebody left the gate open again.

Again, if you could somehow compute this into your tiny little brain. You are not getting pick 2 for picks 6 & 18. It will be 6 & 10 or 11 or it will be nothing.

We’ll be just fine with pick 2 so buzz off back to your own board and don’t come back.
We need to keep pick #2 and see what we can get with our F1st pick...

We need to keep pick #2 and see what we can get with our F1st pick...
It's also a month away till the draft. Surely we don't take any of these stupid offers, especially now. If I was the Tigers i'd be trying a bit harder to guarantee they get where they want. They must be confident there are no other suitors. Maybe there isn't.

I come in peace ….

IMG_5883.gif

Agree. If Richmond wants 2 they pay overs. F*** the points system. It's pick 2 in what is possibly a super draft. 6 &10 or at worst 6&11 or it's nothing and we take Smith or Draper.

I'd rather 2 anyway, but there's NO way they get 2 off us for 6 and 18.

No. Way.

Last edited:
It's also a month away till the draft. Surely we don't take any of these stupid offers, especially now. If I was the Tigers i'd be trying a bit harder to guarantee they get where they want. They must be confident there are no other suitors. Maybe there isn't.
Time to put all bigfooty North trade pick senarios on hold until 1 week before the draft night... :think: ;)

You can let everyone else know... :laughv1:

Agree. If Richmond wasn't 2 they pay overs. F*** the points system. It's pick 2 in a super draft. 6 &10 or at worst 6&11 or is nothing and we take Smith or Draper.

I'd rather 2 anyway, but there's NO way they get 2 off us for 6 and 18.

No. Way.
This has got Harley Reid written all over it again......just take the best player Brady, worked out ok for WC and us in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to put all bigfooty North trade pick senarios on hold until 1 week before the draft night... :think: ;)

You can let everyone else know... :laughv1:
Nah, it's kinda fun. Tigers are used to getting the reach arounds from Gold Coast and Freo, so they think it's normal to win every deal and trade.

I come in peace ….

How about we swap 2 for 1 and 11.

That way you guys get the higher number and we get three of the lowest whole number there is.

I come in peace ….

These lot have made the eagles/Harley fans from last year seem like totally reasonable people in hindsight. And still a month to go…

These lot have made the eagles/Harley fans from last year seem like totally reasonable people in hindsight. And still a month to go…
TBF most clubs fans seem reasonable to Le Tigres

There have been like a dozen North fans who have said 6/18 is the best we'll get for 2 and we should take it, but when a Tigers supporter suggests it it's outrageous?
He ain’t one of us!

I see we've moved past FOS to Draper. I don't mind it, but what's our contingency when he's home sick and the teals come knocking, again!?

If we can sign him up under the proviso we're not trading him home to the teals unless we get 2026 R1 + R2 & 2027 R1 + R2 + 2028 R1. Give me 5. Adelaide can have him for 4, but 5, Teals, 5 or FRO.

I see we've moved past FOS to Draper. I don't mind it, but what's our contingency when he's home sick and the teals come knocking, again!?

If we can sign him up under the proviso we're not trading him home to the teals unless we get 2026 R1 + R2 & 2027 R1 + R2 + 2028 R1. Give me 5. Adelaide can have him for 4, but 5, Teals, 5 or FRO.
The simple solution to that is to take Jagga instead.

Nope FOS and Lalor are going top 2

If we have 2 we get whoever tigers don’t

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back