Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we please, please, PLEASE draft this kid? No more talking of splitting the pick or doing any fancy deals. There is a series of brilliant highlights in this clip and I urge you to watch the whole thing, but if nothing else, skip to 3:53 and watch the following 10 seconds. Tell me then that you don't want this kid in our side. OMG.

Would not surprise if he spends his first two seasons doing the Daicos/Sheezel and getting 35 possies a week being an integral part of the team’s rebound before gaining enough muscle to be moved permanently inside.

Smith at is a no brainer if we can’t get a good deal for pick 2.

Do we know that? Seems he has been constantly placed as an attacking mid fielder because he dominates there.

Imagine ldu, sheezel, wardlaw and this bloke at the centre bounce.
The amount of footysmarts Smith and Sheezel alone would show would surely trump most midfield quartets.

Would need to be:

Roos in: 6,10,20,23
Roos out: 2, F1
Sorry but that's not fair on us.

Our F1 is likely to be in the 2-6 range, so this is pick 2 plus pick 4'ish, for a bunch of lesser picks that don't nearly compensate us fairly. Pass.

Keep pick 2 please.

I see we've moved past FOS to Draper. I don't mind it, but what's our contingency when he's home sick and the teals come knocking, again!?

If we can sign him up under the proviso we're not trading him home to the teals unless we get 2026 R1 + R2 & 2027 R1 + R2 + 2028 R1. Give me 5. Adelaide can have him for 4, but 5, Teals, 5 or FRO.
Just maybe have more than a half hour zoom call to test his loyalty perhaps?

The amount of footysmarts Smith and Sheezel alone would show would surely trump most midfield quartets.
Good comparison. He seems to play a bit like Sheezel. The creativity in the centre would be unbelievable.

If we could lock these guys in the centre we are set. The talls in the forward and defence will come. WHen they are getting delivered lace up passes from the middle, even the Pinks of the world will look slick.

Smith at 2 and mature tall delisting at 62 would be enough for this draft/trade period.

Good comparison. He seems to play a bit like Sheezel. The creativity in the centre would be unbelievable.

If we could lock these guys in the centre we are set. The talls in the forward and defence will come. WHen they are getting delivered lace up passes from the middle, even the Pinks of the world will look slick.

Smith at 2 and mature tall delisting at 62 would be enough for this draft/trade period.
I was aggreeing right up until I read “and a tall mature delisting at 62…” reality slapped me in the face and I could taste vomit in my mouth.

On second thoughts, maybe Smith wouldn’t be worth continuing to forsake our young KPF stocks.

I come in peace!!

Feel free to delete if not wanted but you have similar picks to us and might be getting pick 6 so these players may be of interest to you.

Just a couple of videos on the possible draft picks at 2 and 6 you could get, highlights included.

Note these may have a slight richmond lense in part but 95% could still be relevant for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy with keeping our pick #2, that puts the pressure back on Richmond to pick the eyes out of this draft (and next) to get within 3 years of our midfield (if they get it right).

They are ****ed frankly, albeit coming off their only great era since the early 70's.

Just keep pick 2, replace JHF/TT and finish off our midfield. We hopefully won't be close to having this luxury for a decade from 2027 draft onwards.

I was aggreeing right up until I read “and a tall mature delisting at 62…” reality slapped me in the face and I could taste vomit in my mouth.

On second thoughts, maybe Smith wouldn’t be worth continuing to forsake our young KPF stocks.
I do think we could grab a mature solid delisted tall cover offence/defence for one or two years. (not teakle/pink types. Josh Walker types).

If we can keep SHeezel, LDU, Wardlaw and smith (or another quality centre draft) we are set. Can bulk up with forwards later.

Laidley, Chom, Darling, Zurhaar as tall(ish) fellas rolling around the forward line will do for now.

I'm happy with keeping our pick #2, that puts the pressure back on Richmond to pick the eyes out of this draft (and next) to get within 3 years of our midfield (if they get it right).

They are ****ed frankly, albeit coming off their only great era since the early 70's.

Just keep pick 2, replace JHF/TT and finish off our midfield. We hopefully won't be close to having this luxury for a decade from 2027 draft onwards.
Yeah I think we are still a midfielder short too, so wouldn’t be upset if we don’t trade down.

Good call. We'd just be finishing off the midfield with class that will last us a decade.

"By reporting that North are reportedly open to trading all their picks for a kick up the bum I am not actually lying, only reporting on what's being reported."
By ferball
Chief Football Editor
Herald Sun

It’s actually relevant.
it is. but the onus is on us to a) do something resembling DD and b) place a contract under his nose c) add clauses which state we'll pay you overs in $ and demand the following in 2026/27/28 R1's to return you to SA and won't settle for anything less, ever.

it is. but the onus is on us to a) do something resembling DD and b) place a contract under his nose c) add clauses which state we'll pay you overs in $ and demand the following in 2026/27/28 R1's to return you to SA and won't settle for anything less, ever.
I don’t think we’d be allowed to do that mate. I like it, but feels “restraint of tradey”

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back