Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think we’d be allowed to do that mate. I like it, but feels “restraint of tradey”

Haha. I call it setting the tone. We won't be pushed around any longer, **** them. Richmond haven't beaten us in a big game since 1974, I refuse to start rolling over for them now.

They can go back to Scoresby or wherever their heartland is now!

I come in peace ….

If you trade #2 and a F1 for 6 & 11 then that’s not ideal for you... But Tauru and Armstrong/Shanahan at 6 & 11 would be very tempting to fill the holes you need to fill, even if you pay overs for the privilege.

Paying Richmond overs is a privilege. Thank you.

The Richmond board is certainly up and about.

From being told we'd be lucky to get pick 18 for our F1 yesterday, to now all of them making plans for Pick 1 & 2 already next year.
It's quite funny. They fleeced a bunch of teams during trade week, now they believe we should bend over as well. I genuinely like an underdog story but their supporters make it hard.

Paying Richmond overs is a privilege. Thank you.
Half the Richmond dudes that come into here remind me of sitting in the AFL members at the G……..”North just f*n fold already, you’re an embarrassment of a club”……”How we losing to this shithouse club with no supporters?”
Not all the Tiger supporters, but a lot of them, have zero respect for our club and think we should just roll over and give them whatever they want. There’s plenty of ripping Tiger supporters, far more realistic and reasonable, but they have become accustomed to success and being a big club in the spotlight again.
We are in the way and how dare we stand our ground. We are a minnow in their eyes. Kinda how we all like it anyway.
Hilarious that they think we should just take pick 6 for 2 to save the embarrassment of bidding early, that was my favourite. 😳

Half the Richmond dudes that come into here remind me of sitting in the AFL members at the G at a game of football……..”North just f*n fold already, you’re an embarrassment of a club”……”How we losing to this shithouse club with no supporters?”
Not all the Tiger supporters, but a lot of them, have zero respect for our club and think we should just roll over and give them whatever they want. There’s plenty of ripping Tiger supporters, far more realistic and reasonable, but they have become accustomed to success/being a bigger club than North Melbourne
We are in the way and how dare we stand our ground. We are a minnow in their eyes. Kinda how we all like it anyway.
There we go

Richmond fans are really camping out in this thread. Hi all 👋

Yes I heard sheez is part of the deal as well

Half the Richmond dudes that come into here remind me of sitting in the AFL members at the G……..”North just f*n fold already, you’re an embarrassment of a club”……”How we losing to this shithouse club with no supporters?”
Not all the Tiger supporters, but a lot of them, have zero respect for our club and think we should just roll over and give them whatever they want. There’s plenty of ripping Tiger supporters, far more realistic and reasonable, but they have become accustomed to success and being a big club in the spotlight again.
Hilarious that they think we should just take pick 6 for 2 to save the embarrassment of bidding early, that was my favourite. 😳
Yeah same crap was trotted out when Camz kick the winner against them - they’re all scum

Where did the Tauro interest come from? Was it just from the combine?
How is it that we’ve been heavily linked
I reckon Cal was the first one to float our interest on Gettable or SEN and it’s grown from there. Weird how he’s come in from a teens pick to top 10. His draft vid has me excited though, he’s aggressive AF in the air.

There we go
I feel like the Tigers game it really stood out to me. But we were on top of them most of that game. So quiet crowd and you hear more shit thrown out there maybe. I remember being annoyed because I’m at the footy with my son. Just average behaviour.
It’ll come round again from other supporters when we start being competitive. Always will.

I do think we could grab a mature solid delisted tall cover offence/defence for one or two years. (not teakle/pink types. Josh Walker types).

If we can keep SHeezel, LDU, Wardlaw and smith (or another quality centre draft) we are set. Can bulk up with forwards later.

Laidley, Chom, Darling, Zurhaar as tall(ish) fellas rolling around the forward line will do for now.
Agree, the fact that WilPhil is a bust has left us one gun mid short.

Smith, Lalor or FOS would set up our midfield for 10 years.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Cal was the first one to float our interest on Gettable or SEN and it’s grown from there. Weird how he’s come in from a teens pick to top 10. His draft vid has me excited though, he’s aggressive AF in the air.
Yeah I agree but to the point where they are literally trying to roll out (media) north will part with 2 and a future first for 6 and 15, partially due to the interest in him and bringing another player blows me mind. Downgrade and give up a future top ten for that.
The **** did that ever become a decent deal?

*edit. He plays aggressively. On an unrelated note, in terms of physical development, he has the bone structure similar Lachie Hansen, so too does Trainor, and our Will Dawson.

Which means if these guys aren’t ridiculously skilled (I don’t know how good they are) it’s going to take a lot of time and patience.

Where are Langford is already looking like a bit of a genetic beast.

Last edited:
I’m refusing to take notice of any of these bs draft pick swaps that are crazy unrealistic.

Since everyone else is having a crack, here is my idea of a win for us.

Retain pick 2 - pick the mid we believe is best after the tigers pick, whether this is Smith, Lalor or FOS. The only way we move this pick on is if we get stupid over the odds offer put too us.

I would then look to trade our future 1st on one condition - it nets us the best available kpp. If we cannot get access to a suitable pick to land our preferred key tall we keep it. It’s very hard to predict these picks so knowing our limit to trade out our future pick is going to depend on firstly who is interested in our future first and secondly if the key tall we want falls to spot where we are able to get access.

If our stars align we have the ability to use this draft pick up a top tier mid along with the best available key tall.

If we don’t trade out our future first we have a top 4 pick to use next year.

I hear what Brady's said but his team has been so tight lip which is great for the guessing game and media except for that article!! Do l believe him if that's what you are inferring..l don't believe any of these list managers at this time of the year because this the game they are playing - who's bluffing, who's telling the truth and who's blustering.

IMO, I take my NMFC blinders off and look at this draft and ask yourself, if l had 5 & 9 (Dees) do you make the trade for 2 or if you have 7&8 (Saints) do you make the trade for 2? You know the talent pool better than most so if you are the Dees or Saints would you trade up?
So it leaves us with only the Tigers to deal with and that article of trading 2 and F1 for 6 & 11 is utter bollocks - trade 2 and possible 1-4 next year for 6 &11...dreaming hows 2 & F1 for 6,10,11 and 18.
Some really good points ohmygewd, If I were the St Kilda or Melbourne recruiter there would be a lot more to it, like the boys that I had been watching for the last four to five years and the "late bloomers", where would they be on my talent list for that club, many talks with the list manager, watching next years talent and the year after that, is pretty much the same as this years talent watching them for several years, talking with the coach over many things so its a three way communication on where the club is now, what can they do to improve themselves and depending what picks they have, the talk would be about staying where we are and the possible players we would get vs the need to trade up to get the player that's a possible future star for our midfield.

This is where good intel comes to the fore, and come draft time most clubs will have a fair idea on which club likes certain players, but what people are forgetting is the player or players on your list and the order that you have them in. The other point also is the players going 1/2 on your whiteboard, an example being something like this; say St Kilda and Melbourne's number 1 on their list is Sam Lalor and Richmond with the prized number #1 draft pick, they take Finn O'Sullivan, well he's still there ladies & gentlemen and add that the tigers couldn't separate Sam or Finn so they badly want to get the two guns in this draft and all of a sudden North have three possible clients willing to do business and yes I know all three clubs can get good players with there picks and as I've said to supporters before, but what if something like this scenario happens and with the picks you have you know your number one target is going to be gone, what do you do?

If you have good intel that your number one target is a big chance to still be there at your first pick, you don't trade up, you keep your picks, this all comes down to with the tigers top two on their whiteboard, the saints and demons number 1 on their whiteboard, are they the same player? Will their player still be there or be gone? While this is a very good draft the point never forgotten is, there are always good players in the draft and at some stage you can always get them, but very few times are you in a position to get a gun midfielder, of your choice!

I change my mind every day 😂
Yesterday I was pick 2 for 6+18 Tauru and Faull.
Today I'm more 'f*CK it' take one of the big 4 mids and try trade back in with F2+F3.
So curious to see which way Brady jumps!!

Roos_fanatic, soup, sphinx and talent scout what am I missing with Langford? Seems to have every attribute you could want and be a perfect compliment to our midfield. Big, great in the contest, great skills with hand and foot, penetratiing kick, great overhead, leader, hits the scoreboard, footy IQ. Only thing missing is speed. But Pendles, Bont, Dunkley etc also aren't speed demons.
Would love to somehow get 15 and 16 for out future 1st from Gws. Either keep 2 or get 6 and 11 from Richmond if we're sure Langford will be there. Move ccj and stepho to rookie list or payout. Take Langford, Armstrong/Tauru Berry/Dattoli, Shanahan/Trainor
Slllooooow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back