2024 Offseason Thread - NBA Draft June 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the talk of 76ers contending what the hell are they going to do at PF and SF. They spent 180 mill already basically on Reed, Embiid, PG, Maxey, Oubre and Drummond

Going to need someone to take massive paycuts to get it filled out from here

SF? George and Oubre will take a lot of those minutes. Quite possible they'll bring Covington back too.

Definitely need another guard and a four though, albeit they might play small with the latter.

DeRozan really that next cab off the rank here. Gut feel is LeBron trying to woo him over and figuring how to get it done. DeRozan will probably want 2/50. I could see LeBron taking a small paycut with Lakers doing a S&T with Chicago involving Rui Hachimura + Wood + picks for DeRozan

DeRozan really that next cab off the rank here. Gut feel is LeBron trying to woo him over and figuring how to get it done. DeRozan will probably want 2/50. I could see LeBron taking a small paycut with Lakers doing a S&T with Chicago involving Rui Hachimura + Wood + picks for DeRozan
I know rui isn’t incredible but they are stupid if they give him up to sign DeMar

It could well be true, but I really don't like DeRozan's fit on the Lakers as they're currently constructed.

His best value would be as release valve when LeBron is injured or needs to rest. Which is only really feasible at his price if the Lakers have all the other angles covered, and they don't. Outside of AD they don't have much size, and they really could do with an infusion of athleticism at the wings.

Maybe if they can move off Russell it makes some sense, but I dunno if swapping DLo for DDR really moves them much closer to contention, if at all.

If DeRozan comes then Ruis minutes go though in all reality.

I think DeRozan is a big upgrade so it will be a good move overall. DeRozans ability to create his own shot will take pressure of LeBron for sure
Spacing wise I don’t like it at all. I’ve been a huge Demar fan for years but I’m not sure an iso heavy guy who operates a ton in the mid range makes sense for the Lakers

Reference post - who's left to sign?

LeBron - Lakers
DeRozan - Lakers
Miles Bridges - Charlotte
Tyus Jones - Orlando
Trent Jnr - Milwaukee
Okoro - Cleveland
Caleb Martin - Houston
Buddy - GSW
Fontecchio - Detroit
Kennard - Memphis
Slo-Mo - Clippers
Beasley - Atlanta
Monte Morris - Sacramento
Highsmith - Miami
Achiuwa - New York
Mo Wagner - Orlando
Fultz - Washington
Bey - Utah
Prince - 76ers
Dinwiddie - Minnesota

Il go something like the above. Wonder how many i get right

Spacing wise I don’t like it at all. I’ve been a huge Demar fan for years but I’m not sure an iso heavy guy who operates a ton in the mid range makes sense for the Lakers
I think the days of surrounding LeBron with 3 point shooters is over. He needs help now with a iso heavy guy.

A iso heavy guy should take some weight of his shoulders which is more important then say a Buddy Hield jacking up 3s on the MLE for example

I think a very good chance the C’s keep this team together for 12-24 months than will try to move one one or both of Jrue and KP and do a soft reset.
KP looks like the one on the move, jrue is with us for another 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it seems plenty of people really remember Klay having a handful of terrible games instead looking at the broader picture. 50/3 for a guy shooting3 39% / 18ppg ... it's just a tick above the $13m MLE. Plenty of guys no where near what Klay can offer are going to get full MLE contracts.

Mavs need right now, not a maybe Josh Green doubles his output. But I also subscribe to why did they under use their Aussies so much in the playoffs.
Mavs would’ve been better suited for PG than klay a defensive wing which currently is what they are lacking someone that can make up some of the defence that luka and Kyrie lack.

Also I strongly believe Boston just exploited luka to a whole other level on defence of blow bys, pick and rolls unless he gets fit or at least plays defense more than once every 5 games it is going to be a long year ahead.

Teams are going to be head hunting him on offence almost every possession.

Not sure I'd leave a promising team like Wolves to go to a finished dynasty...

Knicks need a big man, who's even left?
T-Wolves were offering him like 15 mill less I read. You aint staying at T-Wolves for that big of a paycut.

Makes sense for GSW. Anderson is a good passing PF/SF and can take some pressure of Draymond/Steph that way

Given they are about to go all in on Markannen I think Wiggins time is probably up at the Warriors. Expect they give up Wiggins and like 4 1st rounders in such deal

T-Wolves were offering him like 15 mill less I read. You aint staying at T-Wolves for that big of a paycut.

Makes sense for GSW. Anderson is a good passing PF/SF and can take some pressure of Draymond/Steph that way

Given they are about to go all in on Markannen I think Wiggins time is probably up at the Warriors. Expect they give up Wiggins and like 4 1st rounders in such deal
I don't understand OKC not using their warchest of assets to go for him.

Fair call on Anderson, probably gets a bigger role now and double the money.

People missed the absurd contracts they gave Isaiah Joe and Aaron Wiggins also

4/48 for Joe and 5/57 for Wiggins. Both are absolutely putrid. Hamstrung them for next off season. 30 mil per year on 2 guys who should not even be in the rotation

Add Haartenstein 29 mill a year as well. 50 mill on a middling bench at worse is dumb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back