Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Garcia in the conversation? I get people might see potential but you have to produce at some stage. A thread should be started on guys whose hype exceeds out put.
My top three are
1. Nick Kyrgios tennis
2. George Clooney acting
3. Riley Garcia football
Yeah I’m not sure I see Garcia ever being a midfielder, probably doesn’t have the size. And doesn’t really have the polish to be a forward/flanker.

Unfortunately for him I think he’s an inside mid without the body for it. But I do think he has some AFL level attributes, he has some real nous inside the contest, great burst & agility. He’s pretty clean at ground level and has damaging hands.

I can see him having a pretty solid career as a fringe AFL player though, more talent than a lot of guys who have played 150 odd games. I like him as someone who could play a role forward or in the middle at a pinch when needed but can’t ever see him being in the top 20 odd players of a list

Action Jaxon Mack Ray and how Lucas Bifferidge re-invents Action will be the talk of the AFL by mid-season.

Bookmark it.

Theirs a real vibe about him again, and he's skillset. His a player that people should right off at there peril.

For all intensive purposes, this deep-seeded attitude to an AA player, should be nipped in the butt. He and Moyd could end up being one in the same, both could of drifted away, but were re-invented at half back. He should of one at least one Charlie two.

The bloke was All Australian 2019, 2020 and 2021 and then in the squad in 2022. Agree people are writing him off way too quickly, particularly when doing so to make room in the midfield for Harmes, West, Garcia.
To be fair, his selection in the 2022 squad was an atrocious pick based purely on fantasy points and reputation, especially since it was ahead of Libba who had a clearly better season. Macrae was nowhere near the top players that year.

It’s been two consecutive years of dwindling performances, so it’s not crazy that some might be thinking a guy pushing 30 is a chance at not being in the 22 at the rate he’s going. I hope he does reinvent himself like Boyd did (whether it be wing or half back), but I don’t think its unreasonable that some might be running with the assumption that he’s no longer a first choice midfielder. I’ve thought for years he could be a quality flanker and would love to see that tried before he’s sent to rot in the VFL

If Macrae had a mullet, a vodka, was a model and had an army 500,000 strong of angry young people ready to firebomb VUWO if he gets pushed out, then things would be different. That much is certain

Edit: Get rek'd, haters

Attachments

• Jack Maddog Macrae.jpg
    Jack Maddog Macrae.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 105
The bloke was All Australian 2019, 2020 and 2021 and then in the squad in 2022. Agree people are writing him off way too quickly, particularly when doing so to make room in the midfield for Harmes, West, Garcia.

Lance Whitnall polled 8 Brownlow votes in 2006, was made Blues captain in 2007, was playing for Lalor in the NFL in 2008.

For some, the end can come pretty quickly, regardless of past form.

On a positive note: interesting to see Marra being used for the promotion of the pre-season (pre-szn?!) game.

Could this indicate the Club is confident in re-contracting him sooner rather than later? (what a fantastic announcement that would be!)

Yeah fair, dour probably not the right word and completely agree that he’s very damaging in his own right.

Although he’s progressively lost that flair he came with as his careers gone on. Of course he’s made up for it in other ways but it’s been a career transition unlike any other I can remember really.

Predraft Macrae was such a unique player, agility was just off the charts and he slowly but surely put the baulk away

“The endeavour and arrogance he plays with is great. There were a couple of times where he ran the full length of the ground, it was like he was in the Under 9s, he’d baulk someone, run 30m, baulk someone again, run 20m, and then baulk again.”

Bring it back, we don’t need inside midfielder Macrae but we sure as hell could use that sort of polish on either flank or wing.

I feel like Macca coached it out of him. He was doing the sidestep a lot in his first season.

On a positive note: interesting to see Marra being used for the promotion of the pre-season (pre-szn?!) game.

Could this indicate the Club is confident in re-contracting him sooner rather than later? (what a fantastic announcement that would be!)
Has been the case all off-season, biggest indicator was Marra himself saying on record he isn't going anywhere, however that doesn't hold as much weight as Leigh Montagna saying Sydney will offer him $75m over 10 years.

Yeah fair, dour probably not the right word and completely agree that he’s very damaging in his own right.

Although he’s progressively lost that flair he came with as his careers gone on. Of course he’s made up for it in other ways but it’s been a career transition unlike any other I can remember really.

Predraft Macrae was such a unique player, agility was just off the charts and he slowly but surely put the baulk away

“The endeavour and arrogance he plays with is great. There were a couple of times where he ran the full length of the ground, it was like he was in the Under 9s, he’d baulk someone, run 30m, baulk someone again, run 20m, and then baulk again.”

Bring it back, we don’t need inside midfielder Macrae but we sure as hell could use that sort of polish on either flank or wing.

Not quite as strong a focus on rundown tackles from hard working forwards back then.

If he did it now he would be chased down. He adapted to the speed of the game by changing his approach out of necessity imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back