Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

It is ironic that people ask others to post HS/other online articles, with little pushback, yet to do the same principle with WOOF and people are like "Just create an account" lol.
I thought there was some rule about quoting or putting links to other forums.

It is ironic that people ask others to post HS/other online articles, with little pushback, yet to do the same principle with WOOF and people are like "Just create an account" lol.
Yeah I’m not sure bypassing a paywall for a corporation like the HS is comparable to stealing clicks off a little passion project forum lol

WOOF was literally on the verge of shutting down due to lack of activity

The admin goes to training literally every session and posts pages full of write ups and specifically puts it behind an account to drive discussion on the forum.

Just sign up drop a few comments and you’re good to go, it would be awfully wrong to rip off his posts & post them here 😂

Yeah I’m not sure bypassing a paywall for a corporation like the HS is comparable to stealing clicks off a little passion project forum lol

The admin goes to training literally every session and posts pages full of write ups and specifically puts it behind an account to drive discussion on the forum.

Just sign up drop a few comments and you’re good to go, it would be awfully wrong to rip off his posts & post them here 😂
The act is the same though, yes? In fact some might argue stealing clicks off a corporation which pays their employees largely off advertising and clicks could impact livelihoods, whereas copying a post from WOOF, Reddit etc would have no impact on such thing.

Anyway, I have posted links to HS etc, it is just funny how the same two acts are treated differently.

Look.
I get the whole WOOF / HS article argument, and posting content from either one is technically the same thing (posting content from behind an access wall) - Just because something is the same legally doesn't mean its the same morally.

Herald Sun is Murdoch trash, you copy-pasting an article (Something I've done several times) doesn't effect their bottom line, their own shit business practices and crap reporting does that. They drive revenue through ads and last I checked ol' mate Murdoch ain't doing to bad for himself.

WOOF is a passion project by hardcore Dogs fans, as far as I know, it costs them money to keep that forum running (despite the 1995 look), no ads anywhere on the site, the mods aren't making money from clicks (something you cannot say about BigFooty). WOOF is a very different community to here, the discussion is often more level-headed and the trolling is flat out not allowed, whilst I don't actively post much these days over on WOOF, I love what the mods do and it's nice seeing a little corner of the internet just for Dogs fans, hence why I will encourage people to go make an account and post over there, and I won't be copy-pasting their content due to personal moral reasons.

It's not a competition, we are all hardcore Dogs fans at the end of the day.

Look.
I get the whole WOOF / HS article argument, and posting content from either one is technically the same thing (posting content from behind an access wall) - Just because something is the same legally doesn't mean its the same morally.

Herald Sun is Murdoch trash, you copy-pasting an article (Something I've done several times) doesn't effect their bottom line, their own s**t business practices and crap reporting does that. They drive revenue through ads and last I checked ol' mate Murdoch ain't doing to bad for himself.

WOOF is a passion project by hardcore Dogs fans, as far as I know, it costs them money to keep that forum running (despite the 1995 look), no ads anywhere on the site, the mods aren't making money from clicks (something you cannot say about BigFooty). WOOF is a very different community to here, the discussion is often more level-headed and the trolling is flat out not allowed, whilst I don't actively post much these days over on WOOF, I love what the mods do and it's nice seeing a little corner of the internet just for Dogs fans, hence why I will encourage people to go make an account and post over there, and I won't be copy-pasting their content due to personal moral reasons.

Hear hear. They're a decent bunch on WOOF. Several BF members are on both.

Look.

Herald Sun is Murdoch trash, you copy-pasting an article (Something I've done several times) doesn't effect their bottom line, their own s**t business practices and crap reporting does that. They drive revenue through ads and last I checked ol' mate Murdoch ain't doing to bad for himself.

That's fair enough. It just seems odd that for the section of Dogs fans, they demand you post and interact to keep access to certain threads. Sometimes I just want to observe, sometimes I want to interact, on here or there. I guess that is my main bug bear with the WOOF set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fair enough. It just seems odd that for the section of Dogs fans, they demand you post and interact to keep access to certain threads. Sometimes I just want to observe, sometimes I want to interact, on here or there. I guess that is my main bug bear with the WOOF set up.

Ditto. Which is why I refuse to create an account.

They do have a section where he posts old reports ie a week behind current or whatever, which is not behind account access (or at least you don’t have to post to get access)

Also it’s not like it’s a paywall or for money it’s literally just to help drive interaction for a more lively community

They do have a section where he posts old reports ie a week behind current or whatever, which is not behind account access (or at least you don’t have to post to get access)

Also it’s not like it’s a paywall or for money it’s literally just to help drive interaction for a more lively community
I get that. But sometimes I just cbf posting, plus posting for the sake of posting clogs threads imo. Anywho, not to diminish their efforts, it is appreciated.

Once upon a time I had an account and would post irregularly on WOOF but found it to be humourless and as a dry as The Atacama.

Id rather waste time in here as I find this place to be much more amusing.

Once upon a time I had an account and would post irregularly on WOOF but found it to be humourless and as a dry as The Atacama.

Don’t give upon WOOF just yet. Things could be about to change in the areas you mentioned. Yes, that’s right ; I am thinking of creating an account there. Cavalry, over, hill.

I joined a couple of years back. I loved the forum and chatter.

I stopped posting and reading because the layout wasn't mobile friendly. I don't have a computer.
This is the struggle for me - I still don’t know how to read notifications properly or how to navigate the boards, so I just click on the “what’s new” tab and see what the latest threads are, then chime in here and there. I like the community and the content, I just struggle to engage

I found it to be a real cliquey group, the main mod was good, but one poster just dominated the conversation and wouldn’t allow any other points of view. He was actually quite a bully, so reluctant to go back if he is still there.

I found it to be a real cliquey group, the main mod was good, but one poster just dominated the conversation and wouldn’t allow any other points of view. He was actually quite a bully, so reluctant to go back if he is still there.
Hey Dogs, they let me join WOOF, so It can’t be to cliquey. I enjoy what gets written, it’s more formal but very insightful.

I agree doggies. The content on WOOF is very good and we shouldn't diminish their site by stealing content and posting it on here. Join WOOF - you won't regret it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back