Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ll make it for tomorrow's session if you leave now. Look forward to your in-depth report 😀
Yeah I shouldn't throw up excuses. I mean it beats the 17.2 light year return commute from Sirius.

I found it to be a real cliquey group, the main mod was good, but one poster just dominated the conversation and wouldn’t allow any other points of view. He was actually quite a bully, so reluctant to go back if he is still there.

Was it a former prolific poster on here? Lots of inside Intel, but seemed to try and dominate every discussion.

Did we train today?

I'd be happy to do training reports folks but the 1300km daily commute would be a killer.
They train Monday, Wednesday and Friday. At least on the track training. They probably do other stuff the other days.

This is the struggle for me - I still don’t know how to read notifications properly or how to navigate the boards, so I just click on the “what’s new” tab and see what the latest threads are, then chime in here and there. I like the community and the content, I just struggle to engage
There's a new posts section that shows all the threads with new activity since you were last on. Then if you hit the little green arrow next to the thread title it takes you to the oldest unread post in that thread. That's personally how I usually read it.
I am a little self conscious of what to write on Woof as it's a tight nit community that extends into gameday and fellow dogs remembering faces. So I just write most garbage here
There are a few people that knew eachother when the site started but I think it's evolved a lot over the years. There's regular posters and all that but it's a bit less an extension of a group of IRL friends than it probably was in 2007-12. It's really just BF with a different culture I guess
I found it to be a real cliquey group, the main mod was good, but one poster just dominated the conversation and wouldn’t allow any other points of view. He was actually quite a bully, so reluctant to go back if he is still there.
Feel free to message me if you want to know if they're still around (unless it's me I guess, that'd be a bit awkward). There's always going to be a bit of group think on certain topics but there's also very vocal posters who go against that. Generally if you can articulate why you think what you do and engage in the discussion it should be fine to have a different view. Just expect people might question it.

No pressure for anyone to join of course. I just appreciate that the mod has kept the place open all these years so if I can help people get a fraction of what I've got out of it I'm happy to write a few words.

Has been reported there will probably be a match sim today. So if anyone is wanting to go it's probably a good day for it, weather permitting though.

So in this match sim, do we hope to see free scoring from dynamic play out of defence and stoppages, or do we hope to see effective defence making it difficult to score ?!?!?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to the first 90 minutes of training, first time to Whitten Oval, the playing surface is spectacular.

the first run throughs were run throughs. No JJ, Jones or Bailey Smith on the track. Garcia and English running laps. Dureya, Archie we’re running laps later.

The guys then broke into groups of threes to start with , short kicking skills. I had JOD, Busslinger and one of this years recruits. JOD has silky skills on both sides of body and was very vocal, lots of encouragement for both other boys in groups.
The guys then broke into different groups with handball 5 v 5, and mini sim with lots of movement not stop end to end.

Libba and Bont then broke off from the main group, to do laps or be part of rehab group on other side of ground.

others can add more.

"Nice sensual space all our coaches share together"

Season 4 Interest GIF by The Office

Surprised I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere else. It’s good to see that players view Footscray as a way back onto an AFL list. Would love to see Bianco given a go in the MSD - great age profile and from what I can gather is a top professional. Will be interesting to see what his best role is.

He’s not the most popular on here but I’m pretty bullish on Poulter as a wing option going forward - love his height, speed and width he provides (assuming he’s running in the right direction). As far as free hits go you could do a lot worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back