Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

If Darcy forced his way into the Round 1 team last year on the back of training too well to be left out, and now he’s apparently meaningfully more progressed than 12 months ago (according to the latest reports), then I can see how he gets left out this year.

If Darcy is banging the door down I reckon we can play him off the bench. Intercept off defence and rotate forward. What a nightmare match up for the opposition with Darcy floating around as an extra.

The medical sub being replaced with just a sub this year makes it a bit easier/less risky to include him.

If Darcy forced his way into the Round 1 team last year on the back of training too well to be left out, and now he’s apparently meaningfully more progressed than 12 months ago (according to the latest reports), then I can see how he gets left out this year.
Yep, he’s only training fwd/ruck too.

You just know we’re gonna start the year with the extra tall for a couple of weeks again 😂

Surprised I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere else. It’s good to see that players view Footscray as a way back onto an AFL list. Would love to see Bianco given a go in the MSD - great age profile and from what I can gather is a top professional. Will be interesting to see what his best role is.

He’s not the most popular on here but I’m pretty bullish on Poulter as a wing option going forward - love his height, speed and width he provides (assuming he’s running in the right direction). As far as free hits go you could do a lot worse.

I prefer Mongomerie, would fill a need as a third tall in defence.

There’s a lot of talk around Cody and how impressive he’s been this preseason. I wonder if he’s being earmarked for a more genuine half forward role rather than his usual position. He seems to have built his tank up and it’s an area of need for us (as is small forward of course).

There’s a lot of talk around Cody and how impressive he’s been this preseason. I wonder if he’s being earmarked for a more genuine half forward role rather than his usual position. He seems to have built his tank up and it’s an area of need for us (as is small forward of course).

Being a small forward is incredibly difficult when the game isn't going your way so being able to rotate him for a few CBA's or push him further up the ground is very important.

If Darcy is banging the door down I reckon we can play him off the bench. Intercept off defence and rotate forward. What a nightmare match up for the opposition with Darcy floating around as an extra.

The medical sub being replaced with just a sub this year makes it a bit easier/less risky to include him.
God, serious deja vu for me here.

Personally, if we rock up round 1 with four talls in the forward line again, it will be the only sign I need that we've learned **** all from our terrible year.

Think Gags is pretty highly rated by the club, think one of the track watchers was talking to one of the coaches earlier in the preseason who thinks he has genuine midfield potential.

We’re building up a support cast on the inside which brings speed & run which is crucial to surround the pillars in Bont, Libba, Macrae & pretty soon Sanders.

Think Gags is pretty highly rated by the club, think one of the track watchers was talking to one of the coaches earlier in the preseason who thinks he has genuine midfield potential.

We’re building up a support cast on the inside which brings speed & run which is crucial to surround the pillars in Bont, Libba, Macrae & pretty soon Sanders.
Could be a draft steal.

Has shown great potential. Shame about those injuries though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the wings are up for grabs and we go with whoever performs best over the summer.

It feels like we've loaded up with enough second tier wingers to have a metaphorical Lord of the Flies like fight to the death for the position over the summer.

Last edited:
I prefer Mongomerie, would fill a need as a third tall in defence.

I wanted us to draft him last year and I’m pretty sure we were keen to take him as a rookie, but obviously he didn’t last to us. Was very surprised he was delisted, as he seemed to have a good year and finished second in the Essendon VFL B&F. Great get for Footscray.

Outside of the once in the blue moon CBA I really hope this improved tank just leads to repeat efforts once the ball hits the deck. We can’t have a functioning forward line with Naughton as our best player once the ball hits the deck. I’m looking at Cody to be a McCrery-esque impact with tackling and pressure.

Would love to see Caleb Daniel in the forward line (HHF). He's a wonderful player. He has the 4 D's ideal for the position: Discipline; Defensive Skills, Disposal quality, and Decision making.

Would love to see Caleb Daniel in the forward line (HHF). He's a wonderful player. He has the 4 D's ideal for the position: Discipline; Defensive Skills, Disposal quality, and Decision making.
I agree with the sentiment, however his defensive skills (spoiling etc) is definitely not one of his strengths and probably a good reason to move him forward where he can use that beautiful right boot.

They seem pretty confident he's coming back too
Who the ****wits on the BF forum? They’ve been saying the same about Naughty & English for the past 8 years how’s that going for them? Freo nuffs will be saying the same about McDonald who will resign with swans as usual - How many players actually go back to WA, 1 a year? Usually fringe blokes looking for a role in the 22… maybe one good player every few years

90% of the whole state are nuffies, and just so happens 75%+ of those nuffies go for WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back