Training 2024 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeah Howes plays the easiest position on the ground at Casey each week and he's still not very good at it.
Howes has been awful. Should be nowhere near selection off the back of this. Cant stick a tackle, beaten at every contest, cant keep his feet, done nothing offensively. What is it that you do here?

Steven May having one of the all time blunders of a game.

Fumbling and dropping everything that comes his way.

The cliff may come sooner then we thought with him...

Howes has been awful. Should be nowhere near selection off the back of this. Cant stick a tackle, beaten at every contest, cant keep his feet, done nothing offensively. What is it that you do here?

Stands 20 meters off Bolton as well. This is the closest I think we will ever see him at AFL level.

How many years on the list has he been?

This team does have issues when it's challenged, all the confidence and dare just seems to go when the opposition gets up and going

This team does have issues when it's challenged, all the confidence and dare just seems to go when the opposition gets up and going

The panic comes in too - It's when our mids completely forget about not bombing it forward, especially Gawn. It's nothing new, but at least it's happening in a preseason game and can (hopefully) be reinforced as something to change.

Billings has hit a few neat 30 metre passes and that's about it for us going forward that quarter. Ball use to a forwards advantage still nightmare fuel.

Tiges then just overlap down the outer side whilst May yells at Tomlinson and they kick easy goals lol. Also made Balta look like prime Carey there.

Go you demons!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 in a row. nice.
Not watching cause the UFCs on but what a non surprising game. We've been regressing since halfway through 2022. Wouldn't mind losing a few early if they show they're trying to attack but sounds like we aren't even doing that 😂

The panic comes in too - It's when our mids completely forget about not bombing it forward, especially Gawn. It's nothing new, but at least it's happening in a preseason game and can (hopefully) be reinforced as something to change.
I don't think this is something we can fix in one preseason game, or one whole preseason in general

I have seen enough of Sparrow, think we are going to be stuck running a midfielder who struggles to get a dozen touches a match, let alone be able to hit a target.

He hasn’t improved in years yet we persist with these C rate players who don’t improve.

Happy to see Laurie take his role in the team after that half, at least he has more room to improve.

Not watching cause the UFCs on but what a non surprising game. We've been regressing since halfway through 2022. Wouldn't mind losing a few early if they show they're trying to attack but sounds like we aren't even doing that 😂
I cant see this game style going far, fully expect Goody to shut it all down very early in the season if not before it starts.

Apparently we're better without Oliver...
What difference would he make when the whole team mentally shits itself?

Lets just see how he goes in the 2s anyway

I cant see this game style going far, fully expect Goody to shut it all down very early in the season if not before it starts.
I ****ing hope we lose the first 7 games by 10 goals and sack him. We ain't going anywhere under him

I ******* hope we lose the first 7 games by 10 goals and sack him. We ain't going anywhere under him
I do too but doubt it happens, we will be back to playing #ourbrand aka low scoring nonsense before you know it. Dont have the cattle or fitness to execute what we are trying to do.

I don't think this is something we can fix in one preseason game, or one whole preseason in general

Absolutely, particularly when it's been happening a long time. I'm more saying that it's hopefully something they've been working on and today, in a meaningless game, they're getting an important preseason reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back