Training 2024 Preseason Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry got to the front a lot but did hold as many marks as he could have done.

Tsatas has great quick hands in close. Kicked okay but did mung a couple at full pace when he did not steady.

Wright took a few marks in the second half of the sim .

Hard to get an exact feel for it as it is played at about 95% and one side was slightly stronger although some players did swap half way.

Someone will know but I do no remember seeing Ridley. Back six in the black jumpers was McKay / Reid / Laverde / Martin / McGrath / Redman for 90% of the time .

Is he a lock for R1? Asking around SuperCoach. I think him and Reid start but interested to hear from Bombers fans.

I’d say Reid’s a lock.
Caddy honestly not sure he’s looking very good and he’s going to be hard to leave out but… there are quite a few taller/low pressure forwards you’d have in the side (Langford, Wright, Stringer + 2 Rucks)

Suspect he might get games if there’s injuries or if one of that group gets rested but right now probably on the outside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he a lock for R1? Asking around SuperCoach. I think him and Reid start but interested to hear from Bombers fans.
I’d say Reid is a solid chance to start R1. I think they may try hold Caddy back a bit, although if he keeps on the current trajectory they won’t be able to hold him back for long.

I’d say Reid is a solid chance to start R1. I think they may try hold Caddy back a bit, although if he keeps on the current trajectory they won’t be able to hold him back for long.
I always think…why hold him back?

If he’s ready he’s ready….if you think he’s in the best 22 round 1 then play him. If/when he hits the wall pull him back then.

Did Tex Wanganeen make any appearance? I belive he is either still injured or recovering from a major injury he suffered late lalst year.

The text says:

Attended Tullamarine at The Hanger this morning.
Breakfast, then down to watch the players train for a while.
Then back upstairs to listen to Dan McPherson. Then a Q & A Dan stated Hunter will be having surgery in next wk or 2
Today the players would have match simulations of 3 x 15 mins
Each week they'll play more minutes. Then should be ready come round one.
Players brought in have given us depth and should be able to cover if injuries.
Perkins and Ridley a bit sore start of week. Nothing wrong with either. But club will be taking a conservative approach.
Jona Segal who is Kokkinakis strength and conditioning coach, and works at club part time. Will be leaving Kokkinakis team and coming to club full time, mid year.
Jake has been doing sprint work with Jona. Jake Stringer had a very noticeable shuffle when he ran. As Dan commented on his shuffle "If you had of seen his shuffle that was shown on the screen last week. You would have noticed the considerable difference now in his running.
Draper touch and go for round 1 and is in good shape.
Bryan's job is to go past Goldy and there will be a healthy competition between our 3 rucks.
Dan was asked why Jayden Davey wasn't played in the fl. As he was well and truly over his rehab.
Said wasn't worth building him up for a few games. Said he wasn't in great shape and didn't think it was worth the risk.
Didn't want to push him
Jayden went home at Xmas and came back in great shape.
Said he will be playing fl round 1
Dan talked about getting outside expertise in the field of injuries for over 200 cm sports people. They were high risk of injuries and needed to change their program in the gym and other work. They needed to concentrate on their lower back and hips.
Build up the strength in these areas.
Certain movements in gym high risk
Commenced new core program for those guys. Reid finally on the track and joining in with match sim. Said hopefully injuries behind him.
Our leadership group will be slightly bigger this year.
Lewis Hayes might not play a lot of fl, but that's not to say he isn't improving.
On Caddy "Caddy's very raw and has a lot to learn. He's going to be a good player and could be ready round 1 or could play a block of games.
Hope I've got everything correct. If not I'm sure the ones who also attended will have their input.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Preseason Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back