Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 11 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I won’t be surprised if Kemp eventually spends some time in the middle. He’s got some attributes that could make him a pretty interesting cat to run through the midfield. At any rate, great game from him.

Solid win all round. I thought we were in control the whole time and our midfield dominance was pretty impressive.

I was super impressed with our ball movement today especially from the back half.

I know we botched some forward entries but the flow of the ball with lots of overlap run stood out to me.

We were able to generate some scores from the run too.

Also we absolutely smashed their midfield today. They are highly regarded as a clearance team yet Rowell, Anderson and Miller had no influence all game. Did swallow even play????

If it wasn’t for some arsey goals from Holman and Bailey and a labouring Weiters I think their score would have been much worse.

I’m also really getting tired of teams absolutely mauling Charlie and Harry and not having any consequences.

I can tolerate a few arm chops when the defender is making a spoil on the ball but the hugging and holding is getting ridiculous.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How big boys don’t get much from the umpires it’s very frustrating

If you’re ever feeling down, depressed, maligned, downtrodden, belittled, down on your luck……don’t reach for Monty pythons “always look on the bright side…”, instantly google democracy manifest, the greatest unplanned Australian response to injustice in history!♥️👍🤣👀💪🤏
That's hilarious

TKD was massive today…I know Voss rates the 2 rucks highly but we looked slicker today without Pitto

Williams cemented his place as our missing half forward…basically takes Cunners role

Cowan Kemp (still scares me a little)

Defence in general was pretty good…honestly thought it was a fairly even all round effort…Not many passengers left

Can’t wait to see Cerra back in this side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they did :thumbsu:

It was talked about a bit on here and other footy media too so it seemed a lot of people saw potential in Zac to be more effective further up the ground

He is getting better each week so lets hope he stays in f50 and has the occasional run thru the middled - mix things up
Dunno, but it just feels a bit safer physically for him dealing with forward craft and chop out mid footy!
He goes a bit nuts in defence, puts his body in danger too often. He’s a full throttle weapon yes, give him space to work with near goal or delivering into the goal action zone.
Imagine Jack and Zac inside forward 50 phwoooaarh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Professional win. We straightened up and used the ball so well in the second half. Huge games from Bam Bam, Crippa, Walshy, Weiters. Onward and upward.

As an old back man, I recognise we can’t be winning every contest but I did feel Weiters is still out of sorts

King got some goals thru poor execution of the basics
  • W didn’t kill the ball (punch) in the goal square
  • W just let him get 5-10m in space inside the 50m - choosing to guard space behind when it wasn’t required - 1 on 1 Weits is a gun, he needs to limit the leading forward better

In light of the mattress on his leg, I thought he was serviceable - didn’t think it was huge or one of his better games

If you're on the socials, look him up. He's hilarious.
I haven't seen anything from him in a while. People usually link his videos.

I reckon he would have been going nuts after the match.

Agree, Mac was incredible.

I was referring to previous games with 2 rucks and a top heavy forward line.
Settle
Our pressure was up, right from the first bounce. We blew a lot of easy chances in front of the big posts. But, very happy with the win and the four points.

Thought TDK had his best game ever, he just loves being number one. Poor old Pitto, has been in pretty good touch as well. Great back-up though.

Brilliant to see Lachie Cowan play a break-out game as well. His kicking was just superb.

Skipper Crippa was amazing again, having a great season. Fatherhood has certainly not slowed him down.

Fog made a real difference, especially in the first half. Before he tired a little. Great to have the little tough-nut back.

McGov was very good, strong in one on ones and his kicking is so reliable.

Saady was okay, will be better for the run.

Now we are getting closer to having our best 22 on the park, just need Motts, Martin, Cerra and perhaps Cuners and we will be mighty hard to beat. Things are looking up.

2nd best on ground after Crippa.

Great game by Kennedy
22 Disposals 5 tackles 4 clearences 1 goal + ruck work
Does a lot of great work in congested situations, and more often than not gets the ball out to our team’s advantage.

Liked his left foot around the corner goal, he missed his first shot but then nailed his second shot.

A great win.

Loved Williams playing in the forward line - looks like he's found a new position permanently.

Newman's repeat efforts and ability to win the ball out of impossible situations really stood out.

Our mids absolutely dominated the Suns, but felt our ball use going inside 50 really hurt us. So too did our early inaccuracy.

Walsh got a lot of it, but felt like he usually tried to do too much all himself rather than taking his first option, his kicking seemed off today as well.

And I think the players taking 2 seconds too long to choose an option when they've marked the ball is something we can improve on a lot. The options were there, but those extra couple of seconds allowed a Suns player to cover our forward option and slowed down our ball movement.

Acres, TDK were great. A quiet-ish return for Saad, but just glad he got through unscathed.

Love the way Cowan goes about his footy.

Go Blues!

TKD was massive today…I know Voss rates the 2 rucks highly but we looked slicker today without Pitto

Williams cemented his place as our missing half forward…basically takes Cunners role

Cowan Kemp (still scares me a little)

Defence in general was pretty good…honestly thought it was a fairly even all round effort…Not many passengers left

Can’t wait to see Cerra back in this side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reckon we need to keep playing guys like Cowan and Kemp and get more games into them…will pay dividends down the track.

Back