Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 11 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast are average and games like this we should win 99% of the time. I was never worried.
Tdk was very good , don’t need pitto
Cripps was his brutal best very good
Loved Williams forward , creative
I loved watching the Mac /curnow tussle … he is good to watch and was giving curnow a bath …felt like Hardwick moved him in the ruck when he didn’t have too and then Curnow got going. Curnow loves the third quarter

I don’t like bashing umpires… They were pretty bad today…

At 3/4 time we had 4 free kicks, of which 2 were for OOB…

Last night they payed multiple 50s for knocking the ball out of players hands, happened multiple times today and nothing.
Potentially been some direction to keep games tighter and the ladder tighter into the season.... Apparently....

The Bad
  • Still got out-tackled by the opposition
  • Not enough pressure in the front half by our forwards
  • Taking our chances in front of goal is still pretty meh.
The Ugly
  • Despite having 130 more possessions than the opposition we didn't manage to get the ball inside 50 any more times than they did.
  • Once again we failed to put a team to the sword despite having a 40+ point lead in the last quarter.
your first bad point is betrayed by your first ugly point. We SMASHED them in possessions. That much disparity and you cannot expect to win tackle differential.

Forward pressure was great when we got deep entries. Issue remains shallow entries.

your first bad point is betrayed by your first ugly point. We SMASHED them in possessions. That much disparity and you cannot expect to win tackle differential.

Forward pressure was great when we got deep entries. Issue remains shallow entries.
You are right on total tackles v possession differential
The other bloke is right on F50 tackles and pressure. We can't keep it in F50.

Ive been knocking fantasia a bit lately but he does deliver the ball nicely.

Hopefully he can continue regaining his fitness and contribute a bit more in other areas

Noted today how hard he worked along the wing…pushes deep, plays a link role..

Got burned a few times as well when out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams had a great game

Cincotta was very good tagging miller…would love to see him get that role every week on the oppos best mid…glad vossy is making moves

Hope we let Cincotta loose at some stage down the track - we’ve been turning ball finding midfielders with pace into shitty shutdown taggers since Brett Ratten was a little boy.

I was super impressed with our ball movement today especially from the back half.

I know we botched some forward entries but the flow of the ball with lots of overlap run stood out to me.

We were able to generate some scores from the run too.

Also we absolutely smashed their midfield today. They are highly regarded as a clearance team yet Rowell, Anderson and Miller had no influence all game. Did swallow even play????

If it wasn’t for some arsey goals from Holman and Bailey and a labouring Weiters I think their score would have been much worse.

I’m also really getting tired of teams absolutely mauling Charlie and Harry and not having any consequences.

I can tolerate a few arm chops when the defender is making a spoil on the ball but the hugging and holding is getting ridiculous.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought it was close to the best we’ve played all year.. We dominated, but struggled to connect with our forwards for 3 quarters…

It was a great game, Gold Coast are a good well coached side, with elite players everywhere…
👍🏽

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Back