Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 11 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think the guy is carrying something.

But one day he will kick 12 or more in a game...

When he switches on he is unstoppable....better delivery inside 50 would help too!

(and a lot less predictability)
Agree with you completely. Charlie is far less effective this year than last. The stats (and number of goals) flatter him. Looks lazy currently and appears to be focused on the 'highlight reel' goals rather than working for the team. Falls off way too easily and fails to chase opposition like last year. Can't help but feel he is carrying something.

he can be an extraordinarily selfish footballer at times...
Walsh had 16 handballs yesterday. I don't follow stats, but that would probably be a high number for him.
To me it looked like he spent the first half of the game bombing into the F50, attempting the glory goals...then Voss tapped him on the shoulder and suggested there is a handball option that might benefit the team more.

Ollie’s tackling was much improved this week. One of his best games. Good to see him around some stoppages as well.

Forward setup is so much better with Hollands, Williams and Fogarty. Just need a genuine crumbier (Mots?) and we’re set.

I actually reckon we played really well. The Suns put on 160 points last week and we really limited their ability to score. Don’t want to complain too much about umpiring, but we tackled with intent and probably didn’t get the reward we deserved for it.

The back 7 looked as good as it had all year - Boyd was a bit lazy with his disposal this week though.

Good primer for Port.

Walsh had 16 handballs yesterday. I don't follow stats, but that would probably be a high number for him.
To me it looked like he spent the first half of the game bombing into the F50, attempting the glory goals...then Voss tapped him on the shoulder and suggested there is a handball option that might benefit the team more.
Exactly right, I thought Walsh made better decisions (overall) yesterday, in that vein. His handpasses were much better than his kicks, and much better than previous weeks.

he was mentioned before the game by Voss as someone trying too hard and too much. I think it's part of his focus as coach at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie’s tackling was much improved this week. One of his best games. Good to see him around some stoppages as well.

Forward setup is so much better with Hollands, Williams and Fogarty. Just need a genuine crumbier (Mots?) and we’re set.

I actually reckon we played really well. The Suns put on 160 points last week and we really limited their ability to score. Don’t want to complain too much about umpiring, but we tackled with intent and probably didn’t get the reward we deserved for it.

The back 7 looked as good as it had all year - Boyd was a bit lazy with his disposal this week though.

Good primer for Port.
yes, I thought Boyd was poor.

Some of our good transition work included running the ball out of defence through the centre corridor.

Also recall one passage when Cincotta had an empty forward line ahead of him chose to kick to a contest on the flank. We won the contest and importantly it gave us time for the forwards to run to position. Pretty smart play.

Seemed overall we made some good decisions moving the ball forward. We also made a couple of bad decisions, notably kicking it deep to Andrews instead of a short pass to Charlie screaming for the ball on the 50m line.
So much improvement left in Carlton.

Importantly we have the time to work on it with a balanced set up.

I think we will win the next 2 weeks, giving us a great run at top 4.

One of those games where CFC did what it had to do to win; like how the Adelaide game started, but they didn't read the script, and we kept playing like we had!! No doubt that the Suns are going to win a Flag, sooner than most expect, but not yet. That made yesterday a good result as the lads did the job.
Charlie was very frustrated in that first half, and it was Hardwick who allowed him off the leash when he threw Mac into the ruck, all but changed the game. Suddenly Charles was marking the pill, and clunking goals, how easy is this.......
We looked like a genuine flag threat when we took the game on, when Crippa charged through the centre and Williams finished off with the goal
Game, set, match

A quality player but always room for improvement and those blind kicks into the forward line are a worry.

Fantasia delivers it better to our forwards than Walsh..problem is Walsh demands the footy and is usually in a good position to hit the kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Back