Autopsy 2024 Rd 15 Blues too cool for Cats

Who played well for the Blues in Round 15 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liking the footy we are currently playing. We are getting a lot out of our stars. We have added a match winner in TDK.

We are looking like our ladder position.

Not surprised we flogged Geelong. They aren't going well, we are on the up. We also match up well against Geelong. They aren't one of the better quicker pressure orientated team. They actually made us look quick.

Cripps is back to his best. Walsh and Kennedy are in good form. DeKoning is probably the best ruck in the game at the moment, genuine match winner. His stats and influence is just insane. Acres and Hewett were good. E Hollands has really come on since we started giving him more time in the midfield, it's brought his game on. No point going on about it as everyone was good.

I'm not going to get too excited, Geelong are a slow side in poor form.

The percentage booster is nice.

Cerra to come back at some stage, will be curious to see how he fits into the side.

We just need to keep playing really good footy. Build the wins and percentage.

2nd is a real sweet spot to finish on the ladder. Could mean we don't play Sydney until the grand final, which is ideal if the form of both sides holds up.

Hate to say it but there were plenty on here saying that the cats had the better brother. Hopefully that crew are still washing out their mouths with soap and water.
I thought that, after Sam made a good start early in his career but him showing better form early might be part and parcel of the difference in their respective roles in the game. Suffice it to say that I don't think it now.

Growing up one of the first things Mum taught me about successful Carlton was how much they loved one another as a teammate.

We haven't had that for a very long time and it was clear as crystal.

How many times did we criticise the other 21 players on the ground for allowing the opposition to murder Cripps? Murphy? Simpson?

How many times was a player hit behind play and instead of demonstrating with the player they'd allow it to happen without receipt?

How many times did a leader lambast a younger teammate for not doing the right thing but in such a way as to shatter that teammates confidence and not pick him up?

The love is back.

This team - and I mean TEAM - backs one another up to the hilt.

When a teammate ****s up a teammate or two always offers a high five or a quick acknowledgement of "you'll do better next time."

Instead of seeing the opposition lay into a Carlton player - regardless of player - you're seeing Carlton players back one another up every time and it's making the opposition reconsider whether it's worth it.

They celebrate each other's successes. They know when their teammate's have had a breakthrough moment or had an outstanding influence on a contest even if it doesn't get a stat, especially if it doesn't get a stat

This team puts the group ahead of the individusl almost every time. And when they don't they quickly make one another accountable. And that player inevitably owns it.

The most important ingredient for short and long term team success is back. This team is finally a team.
Completely agree and wanted to write something like this myself. One thing I’ll add is that for the first time we saw this team monster a team that has monstered us for years. We may have won against them here and there the last 15 odd years but we had never monstered them.

It was us who were the men last night and the Cats … well they were pussies.

I thought that, after Sam made a good start early in his career but him showing better form early might be part and parcel of the difference in their respective roles in the game. Suffice it to say that I don't think it now.
Sam had an excellent year in the Cats premiership year. Way better than Tom’s year.
I’ve always saw glimpses with Tom and have told friends he reminds me of Nic Nat. The last month he has proven me correct. He has played just as well and just as dominant as Nik Nat in his prime.

Honestly, anyone who wanted to sakc Vossy needs their head read
I was not in the sack Voss brigade simply because it would have made us a laughing stock but that nourishment comment, at the time, filled me with murderous intent …. now I cannot do without my weekly dose of nourishment from this team!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright.... who are the 2 people that didn't vote for TDK in the poll?

C'mon...... own up!!!!.

We don't want you here ok.....
Don't need that kind of negativity around here. 🤣🤣🤣

If you haven't already, watch Chris Scott's presser from last night. He says a lot of good things about us. It's interesting and exciting to hear an opposition coach talk about us so positively.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

A nice moment in the last quarter when Ollie ran in to kick a goal, with old man 2E - who kicked 3 goals on him the last time we played them - dead set giving up on the chase.

Very noticeable don’t worry about that. Have a look at multiple late last quarter goals Tuohy was in the picture giving no effort

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 15 Blues too cool for Cats

Back