Autopsy 2024 Rd 15 Blues too cool for Cats

Who played well for the Blues in Round 15 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some still focus on his limitations rather than his actual output.

We’d be crazy not to sign him up. I’m sure other clubs would be interested.
Last night was his best game for the club.
He led, crumbed goals, tackled, got back in defence several times, linked up through the middle, there was absolutely nothing lacking from his game.
If you watch the replay, it's not unreasonable to suggest he could easily have kicked 5.
He missed a set shot that he'd normally get. He has only missed 2 or 3 set shots for the year.
He's a very valuable piece of the puzzle.

One thing we are getting better at is stopping teams getting runs of goals.

Against Port we bounced straight back with a goal the majority of times they got goals, then kill it in the last. Against Essendon they barely strung 2 goals together all night, and again we just kill it in the 4th quarter.

Cats last night, we didn't capitalise on opportunity in the 3rd then Geelong kick 3 in a row and there's a chance they could keep going in the 4th.

Nope. We just ping another 4 in a row quick in the 4th. They even get 2 back and it's 6 goals with 10+ minutes left with some potential to get dicey... then it's Ollie Hollands straight back and the game is killed stone dead.
The third goal was on the back of a disgraceful (non) decision against Stengle. I was sitting right in front there and he was not only caught holding the ball, he incorrectly disposed of it and then, as the ball was in the air, he tapped it/threw it away
Play on!!!
Umpiring lunacy!!!

Last night was his best game for the club.
He led, crumbed goals, tackled, got back in defence several times, linked up through the middle, there was absolutely nothing lacking from his game.
If you watch the replay, it's not unreasonable to suggest he could easily have kicked 5.
He missed a set shot that he'd normally get. He has only missed 2 or 3 set shots for the year.
He's a very valuable piece of the puzzle.
Absolutely I agree - one of my fav players 👍👌☝️

Cow Appreciation Day GIF

Moooooooo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been trying out different struts to add to my swagger today.

Believe I have figured out the correct combination of posture, speed, sway and angle of dangle to ensure I don’t lean to maintain straight lines.

Feeling empowered.
I've seen you walking around... you look like a Fraggle.

Last edited:
The most complete performance I have seen in a carlton team since the year 2000 at least!

I’ve been going to the footy since the mid 90s, member since 2000 every single year, social club member since 2007. I am 38.
That there is what I remember falling in love with in the mid to late 90s. That is the Carlton football club that I remember as a 10- 15 year old. We are the real deal now.

Front to back we have stars all over the place. What has been missing until now is Uber belief from the playing group …. To win premierships you need to really believe you’re good, better than everyone ..

Last night I saw it in their eyes, I saw it in their actions. Really saw it .. like I used to see it in Bradley’s, Rattens Koutas Sticks eyes in the 90s. And I felt it in the stands, even from those that have never seen it before.

When the siren went Harry was in the back pocket in front of the social club … he turned to the crowd and pointed, half flexed with a stone face. It was a moment of knowing … fan base and player. It was beautiful.

Welcome home Carlton it’s good to be back!

The third goal was on the back of a disgraceful (non) decision against Stengle. I was sitting right in front there and he was not only caught holding the ball, he incorrectly disposed of it and then, as the ball was in the air, he tapped it/threw it away
Play on!!!
Umpiring lunacy!!!

I was going to say that the Cats got 3 off some questionable umpiring but I didn't know how to describe the joke that it was like you have and I also thought well let's just let sleeping dogs lie!

Back