Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

We’re desperately waiting on Motlop. He’s our best small crumbing forward. He adds the X factor as well. He still needs to learn/improve to be anywhere near the likes of a bobby hill or stengels.
It irritates me how we didn't get Stengles given he was available to be recruited and we would have had intimate knowledge and insight into the relationship between he and Eddy Betts given Eddie was still at Carlton when Stengle first became available

It irritates me how we didn't get Stengles given he was available to be recruited and we would have had intimate knowledge and insight into the relationship between he and Eddy Betts given Eddie was still at Carlton when Stengle first became available
Don't blame Eddie. Blame our NDH policy.

After the Geelong output of some the heat is on a few. If Walsh can come back and apply himself in such a manner then seeing some laziness creep in a few and non 100% commitment should be this weeks focus (and kicking and forward craft in general).

It’s been a disappointing year for Charlie, Zac, Ollie, Acres, Durdin, Owies and Fantasia.

I’ll give some slack to Carrol who has fallen in a quiet patch as losing Cerra and Doc would mean he’d be depth this season but still would be nice to see him do more.

Injuries suck, I’d be inclined for no changes just to see if the team can lift and prove a point to themselves. Smashing the Pies will remedy some of the malaise that has crept in this season forcing us to pull out some extraordinary quarters to pull out a win.

This week

In: 100% commitment and desperation
Out: just thinking it’ll happen

Looking at how all teams seem to be flooding against us people calling for the tall to be one out consistently unless from centre bounce is impossible the problem lies with our inability to generate from ground ball marking contest spillage and inside 50 clearance .. Just have to work out if it is personnel or structure why we are ineffectual in this area of the game ..

Thought he looked ok from the nose bleeds, liked his first half on the replay. Durdin's first half was one of the better halves he's played in some time. Did well as the high half forward, provided an option in transition and used it well.

Had grave concerns last year at his lack of composure with ball in hand but that's definitely improved with another preseason and some continuity.

Yes, the miss was terrible but need to be careful not to overreact on a young player who's trending in the right direction.
I was in the nose bleeds as well and listening to 3AW's call - Jimmy Bartel agreed with you, said "I've really liked Durdin's game tonight." That missed shot at goal during the last q though was really deflating, although he a few mates on the night. Unfortunately, it was at a crucial time of the game.

Don't forget that he had a very limited preseason and spent most of it running laps along with a few others, and the times where he was able to join in some drills was wearing the yellow cap for no contact. I was actually a bit shocked he was selected in the opening round given his limited preparation, but he seems to be gaining match fitness each week.

Not sure what we're gonna get from Motlop when he's ready to go. Unlike Durds, he had a brilliant preseason - him, Harry and Ollie were the standouts on the track, with Elijah not far behind. Not sure if we bring him back through the magoos, but he'll be a real asset during the 2nd half of the season - as I reckon Durds will when he's back to full match fitness and buddied up with his other little partner in crime.

At the time, many on here were saying he is a dickhead or into drugs or some sort of an issue (can’t quite remember exactly) and that we should stay away.

However he looks to be going fine on/off the field - I haven’t heard anything bad about him since joining the cats.

At the time, many on here were saying he is a dickhead or into drugs or some sort of an issue (can’t quite remember exactly) and that we should stay away.

However he looks to be going fine on/off the field - I haven’t heard anything bad about him since joining the cats.
Carlton and Geelong were in very different positions at the end of 2021

Cincotta barely put a foot wrong during our strong run of form last year, I would like him back in the team ASAP (not sure if he's had injury niggles lately as seems to have been 'held over' for a game or two? could also just be the ridiculous VFL draw).

Less flashy back there but doesn't make many mistakes and is an underrated generator of good ball movement for mine.

And yes, that means Williams forward, or to the VFL.

We are Carlton, we don’t take risks.

Geelong love to risk take because they have to being at the top for so long and get rewarded for it over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bring. On. The. Filth.

GMP_GytaoAAd2c0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tackles per game in 2024:
1. Geelong (68.7)
2. Carlton (66.1)
3. Collingwood (64.7)

Tackles i50 per game in 2024:
1. Carlton (16.6!!!)
2. Port Adelaide (14.0)
3. Western Bulldogs (13.1)

Need to bring this sort of pressure and intensity across four quarters this week. Collingwood also strong in this area so have to be composed with ball in hand.
Even better when those tackles are rewarded with fee kicks.

Words don’t describe how much I hate this mob.

Being young, didn’t understand why the navy blues hated the pies so much.

That’s until round 23 2022. Walked out the stadium and had my mum crying on my shoulder.

We are miles better than the filth

Blues by 26

Finally :tearsofjoy:

Interesting stat: Carlton have put out the 5th least experienced team based on average games played per player in the competition over the first 7 rounds of 2024.

1. Pies (137.1)
2. Lions (127.5)
3. Cats (126.0)
4. Dees (111.8)
5. * (107.2)
6. Dogs (106.0)
7. Swans (104.3)
8. Port (99.1)
9. Tigers (94.2)
10. Saints (93.2)
11. Eagles (92.2)
12. Giants (88.4)
13. Suns (87.8)
14. BLUES (87.6)
15. Dockers (86.3)
16. Crows (80.3)
17. Hawks (79.1)
18. North (64.3)

Interesting stat: Carlton have put out the 5th least inexperienced team based on average games played per player in the competition over the first 7 rounds of 2024.

1. Pies (137.1)
2. Lions (127.5)
3. Cats (126.0)
4. Dees (111.8)
5. * (107.2)
6. Dogs (106.0)
7. Swans (104.3)
8. Port (99.1)
9. Tigers (94.2)
10. Saints (93.2)
11. Eagles (92.2)
12. Giants (88.4)
13. Suns (87.8)
14. BLUES (87.6)
15. Dockers (86.3)
16. Crows (80.3)
17. Hawks (79.1)
18. North (64.3)

Mainly due to our injury list

I was in the nose bleeds as well and listening to 3AW's call - Jimmy Bartel agreed with you, said "I've really liked Durdin's game tonight." That missed shot at goal during the last q though was really deflating, although he a few mates on the night. Unfortunately, it was at a crucial time of the game.

Don't forget that he had a very limited preseason and spent most of it running laps along with a few others, and the times where he was able to join in some drills was wearing the yellow cap for no contact. I was actually a bit shocked he was selected in the opening round given his limited preparation, but he seems to be gaining match fitness each week.

Not sure what we're gonna get from Motlop when he's ready to go. Unlike Durds, he had a brilliant preseason - him, Harry and Ollie were the standouts on the track, with Elijah not far behind. Not sure if we bring him back through the magoos, but he'll be a real asset during the 2nd half of the season - as I reckon Durds will when he's back to full match fitness and buddied up with his other little partner in crime.
10 possession small forward must kick goals. They barely compensate in other areas.The misses since the Adelaide game can not be tolerated, they cost us games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back