2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Daniels over Stengle

Not in that position Stengle has been the best forward pocket of the season though if they picked Toby there wouldn’t be shocked he’s had an underrated year. Daniels is some chance off the bench, recency bias always comes into play. Fantastic since the mid year but how was he the first half a season?

Not in that position Stengle has been the best forward pocket of the season though if they picked Toby there wouldn’t be shocked he’s had an underrated year. Daniels is some chance off the bench, recency bias always comes into play. Fantastic since the mid year but how was he the first half a season?
He’s been quite solid throughout …. Kicking more goals of late but had plenty of assists early in the season too
Averages slightly affected by the game he was unused sub when we flogged the lions in Canberra too

He’s been quite solid throughout …. Kicking more goals of late but had plenty of assists early in the season too
Averages slightly affected by the game he was unused sub when we flogged the lions in Canberra too

Problem is Stengle has been way better it’s not close there he’s a lock it in Eddie stone cold certainty. I like Daniels but he’s a top 40 selection not more this season. Greene is a better shout

Problem is Stengle has been way better it’s not close there he’s a lock it in Eddie stone cold certainty. I like Daniels but he’s a top 40 selection not more this season. Greene is a better shout
Way better? In goal tally only …. Every other stat is Daniels

I’d say Stormy has had a much stronger season than TFG as well … but wouldn’t mind Toby getting another jacket for the laughs

Way better? In goal tally only …. Every other stat is Daniels

I’d say Stormy has had a much stronger season than TFG as well … but wouldn’t mind Toby getting another jacket for the laughs

Well he is a forward pocket sort of the main thing- Stengle is a certainty.

No issue if the pick Daniels on the bench it’s a push as it’s based on his last half only though. Think he’s the old squad of 40 selection as a reward. JHF is the one that has a bigger case to oust one of these players just not Stengle

Well he is a forward pocket sort of the main thing- Stengle is a certainty.

No issue if the pick Daniels on the bench it’s a push as it’s based on his last half only though. Think he’s the old squad of 40 selection as a reward. JHF is the one that has a bigger case to oust one of these players just not Stengle
I agree on JHF …. High impact player

I agree on JHF …. High impact player

On the fence whether he deserves it but if Port come top 2 you can make a case it’s him, Rozee, Butters or sweet stuff all. Hes won games off his own boot. I’d pick him and Warner myself one on the bench who cares which one

I think Weitering is more than a pure stopper. He's fine in all aspects of the game. But Weitering hasn't been elite this year and doesn't deserve AA. He has a better case in prior seasons IMO.

The argument against Weitering is two-fold:
- he hasn't had dominant games. Only two matches for the year with multiple coaches votes. Only twice this year has the opposition coach come away from a game and said 'Geez, Weitering was a big reason we lost'. Only 4x this year has his own coach had him ranked in the best 5 players on the ground. For a mid-table team, that's not enough. Weitering isn't the reason Carlton win games...

- the team's defence has been bad. As in, bottom 4 in the league for points conceded. Some of that is because of a more aggressive, attacking style (3rd in the league for points scored) that emphasises turnovers and heavy scoring (rather than stopping the opposition) but the issue is that the team hasn't been able to build even a mid-table defence despite being a generally good team with strong clearance/contested play.

Weitering is simply above average in all areas, and that's fine - he's a good stopper, good team defender, good user of the ball, good intercept mark, good on the ground and in the air. But he's not the best full back in the league...

I don't think that means McGovern is the AA full back instead. The same argument about team defence applies - even though West Coast have struggled, they haven't been able to hold teams defensively and build at least a mid-table defensive structure around McGovern.
This is nothing to do with McGovern. We have a complete lack of midfield pressure. Put McGovern in place of wietering and blues are premiership favourites alongside Sydney.

IMG_0448.jpeg
Vic bias

Last edited:

He’s a forward one averages 1.8 a game one averages 1.1. Huge difference and who cares about clearances for a small forward? Dylan Moore is a better comparison and he’s a mile ahead you didn’t just put fantasy scores up for comparing did you lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. Two different positions. Stengle is a deeper forward than Daniels.

Brent is competing with Moore. And if they actually elect to go with three small forwards, his skipper

He’s a forward one averages 1.8 a game one averages 1.1. Huge difference and who cares about clearances for a small forward? Dylan Moore is a better comparison and he’s a mile ahead you didn’t just put fantasy scores up for comparing did you lol

You were the ones comparing the two above, now you’re moving the goalposts to say no, no, not Stengle, it’s Moore

and I just screenshotted the stats. I hate fantasy and take absolutely no notice of it.

You were the ones comparing the two above, now you’re moving the goalposts to say no, no, not Stengle, it’s Moore

and I just screenshotted the stats. I hate fantasy and take absolutely no notice of it.
Show me where I compared the two? Someone said that Daniels should be ahead of Stengle. I disagreed. I responded to a statement.

Stengle is separate he’s the best pocket of the whole year he’s a certain selection. Moore will be one HFF, if they go the usual route and pick a mid on the HFF it usually only allows one HFF. He’s in the squad of 40 but won’t be ahead of Moore.

Backs Zorko - Weitering - Blakey
HB Whitfield - Andrews - Houston
Cen Gulden - Cripps - Serong
HF
Bont - Daniher - Heeney
For Moore - Hogan - Stengle
Ruck Gawn - Neale - Daicos
Int Butters - Treloar - Warner - Sheezel

Others that can easily get in

Xerri - Merrett - Stewart - Cameron - Curnow - Ryan - Dale - Waterman - Holmes -
And no doubt more I have missed.

I have picked over 30 and could still miss.

Good luck to selectors, as everyone will find something to complain about.
Wilkie ahead of Weitering. Wilkie is one of those unobtrusively great players.

The midfield selections for this team are going to be the cause of hours and hours of discussion amongst the selectors you'd think.

Heeney
Bontempelli
Cripps
Daicos

The top 4 imo. The next 5-6 is anyones guess with who makes it and who doesnt.

Serong
Merrett
Neale
Treloar
Warner
Butters

Going to be some very good players miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back