2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

he has been patchy this year, but becuase of his name and popularity he probs will be named on field.

He is second favourite for the Brownlow and was second in coaches votes. Would have got votes on the weekend as well.

B Sicily Andrews Ryan
HB Zorko Weitering Whitfield
C Gulden Cripps D’Ambrosio
HF Moore Curnow Heeney
F Stengle Hogan Greene
R Xerri Bontempelli (capt) Butters
Int Serong Warner Holmes Daicos

Last edited:

How many times have you watched Butters?

As an anti-Carlton man, I have no reason to jump to the defence of Cripps. No disrespect to Butters because he is a great young player, but Cripps will be one of the first picked and will be Captain. Deservedly so, he has been immense.

He is second favourite for the Brownlow and was second in coaches votes. Would have got votes on the weekend as well.

Was best on ground seriously without Naicos you lose by 8 goals plus

As an anti-Carlton man, I have no reason to jump to the defence of Cripps. No disrespect to Butters because he is a great young player, but Cripps will be one of the first picked and will be Captain. Deservedly so, he has been immense.

Him or Bont though bare in mind the captain is not always a club one lol Franklin captain was funny lol

B Sinclair Andrews McGovern
HB Whitfield Sicily (c) Zorko
C Gulden Serong D'Ambrosio
HF Heeney Waterman Warner
Fwd Daniels Hogan Horne-Francis
Foll Xerri Butters Daicos
Int Bontempelli D Moore Marshall Neale

Coach: S Mitchell

Not a bad effort.

• Heeney in the forward line again seriously he’s a midfielder can we not pick him where he doesn’t start the game it’s not 2021! If a kid has to be picked forward Bont has actually started games there this year.
  • If they go HFF’s surely Moore is the starting one, Warner on the bench makes sense. Unfortunately doubt they pick HFF’s which is annoying.
  • Like the two wingers picked just doubt the do it, Merrett on a wing makes some sense.
  • Gawns will be the ruck or at least he should be, Melbourne have been diabolical but he hasn’t.
  • Good effort though love the rest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely agree with this.

(But I unashamedly have a soft spot for Carlton).

Not a bad effort.

• Heeney in the forward line again seriously he’s a midfielder can we not pick him where he doesn’t start the game it’s not 2021! If a kid has to be picked forward Bont has actually started games there this year.
  • If they go HFF’s surely Moore is the starting one, Warner on the bench makes sense. Unfortunately doubt they pick HFF’s which is annoying.
  • Like the two wingers picked just doubt the do it, Merrett on a wing makes some sense.
  • Gawns will be the ruck or at least he should be, Melbourne have been diabolical but he hasn’t.
  • Good effort though love the rest
Why does Merrett on the wing make sense but Heeney can’t play forward??
If you’re naming them both out of position - at least Heeney actually goes forward at times. Merrett always plays in the middle he’s never on a wing

Why does Merrett on the wing make sense but Heeney can’t play forward??
If you’re naming them both out of position - at least Heeney actually goes forward at times. Merrett always plays in the middle he’s never on a wing

I wouldn’t name either- I’d be picking Ambrosio on the wing personally , Gulden the obvious other wingman. I just know how these selectors are picking two genuine wings is rare. Heeney is not a forward, hasn’t been for 12 months, it’s not hard I really hope these selectors aren’t brainless and lazy and name Heeney and even Bont forward! Moore at HFF should be a lock.

I wouldn’t name either- I’d be picking Ambrosio on the wing personally , Gulden the obvious other wingman. I just know how these selectors are picking two genuine wings is rare. Heeney is not a forward, hasn’t been for 12 months, it’s not hard I really hope these selectors aren’t brainless and lazy and name Heeney and even Bont forward! Moore at HFF should be a lock.

I agree LukeParkerno1

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

B Sinclair Andrews McGovern
HB Whitfield Sicily (c) Zorko
C Gulden Serong D'Ambrosio
HF Heeney Waterman Warner
Fwd Daniels Hogan Horne-Francis
Foll Xerri Butters Daicos
Int Bontempelli Moore Marshall Neale

Coach: S Mitchell
Mitchell. Get out of here. No way he's coach.

Yeah I feel like I’m okay with Heeney forward. I only see every other Sydney game but although his primary position is midfield he seems to float forward throughout games - it’s more of a secondary position for him.. but at least he spends time there…

Last edited:
no disrespect to naicos, i know he had a fanstastic 2nd qtr, however in the last he had 2 touches when the game was to be won and the pies were mouting their comeback this is what i mean by naicos being a little bit patchy, floating in and out of games and going cold for a qtr or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back