2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Treloar has had a great season. Won't make the 22 unless we go on a huge run but is a lock for the squad. Would almost be leading our BnF if we didn't have the best player in the comp as skipper

Yeah not suggesting he's overtaken him by any means, just think he's thrown his name into the discussion.

**** it , he is better now, I know Gawns great and theres a pile of stats and I am being one eyed, but Grundy is unlocking wins, Gawn is not.

**** it , he is better now, I know Gawns great and theres a pile of stats and I am being one eyed, but Grundy is unlocking wins, Gawn is not.
I just wish he went straight to you after Collingwood missed a couple of years of him at his best, it is good to have the battle of the two best rucks again.

I just wish he went straight to you after Collingwood missed a couple of years of him at his best, it is good to have the battle of the two best rucks again.

Yep like the good old days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy is a beast. We should have cashed in on timmy for a high pick and picked Grundy up on the cheap. He's easily the 2nd best ruck in the comp and is making a serious case for the bench spot

View attachment 2020667
View attachment 2020674

Depends on what the selectors value more, getting ahead of the ball and taking marks, or laying tackles, working defensively and launching scoring chains
They’re contributing to their teams in very different ways. Max is clearly better at the traditional ruckman stuff. Brodie becomes another ground level midfielder post ruck contest.

I'd reckon Sicily has put himself back in contention for a squad place.

Clear BOG today in a big win with 28 kicks, 27 effective disposals, 15 marks, 900 metres gained, 10 intercepts and 12 rebounds. One of the games of the season.
Very good every week for the month prior, with 21+ disposals every week, 8+ intercepts every week, 500+metres gained every week, ridiculously good ball use (very long, flat accurate passes that have led to goals) and hardly conceded a goal in that time.

Besides Round 1 against Essendon (and arguably Round 2 when he was actually prolific and had 27 touches, 13 marks, 7 intercepts and 7 spoils but let his opponent Fritsch kick 5 goals), Sicily is putting together another very good year.

Is again the #1 key defender for disposals, metres gained and score involvements in 2024. Obviously can at times play a little looser than some but is an offensive weapon from the back half and hasn't been conceding much in the way of goals (besides Round 2 as above).

But what if Amartey wins the Coleman? :p
Still wouldn't have him in for the same reason I dont have King in. Does nothing around the ground but he can take a mark inside 50. Just personal opinion but Curnow, Waterman, Mckay, Daniher, Hogan all get up and back a fair bit more and I feel are far bigger presences on field most weeks.

None of them have Errol, Warner, Heeney and McInerny hitting them on the tit non stop each week either.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back