2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard ball gets are separate stat but out of good inside mids the difference isn’t large.

Serong - 3 / 14 CP / 8 CL
Neale - 3 / 13.5 CP / 7 CL
Cripps - 4 / 15 CP / 8 CL
Daicos - 2 / 14 CP / 8 CL

Definitely different but Daicos is still a strong midfielder without these, contested possessions still count and so do clearances.

Daicos is the best at cleanly gathering and reading the hitout in the league, which doesn’t count as a hard ball get, but shows elite stoppage craft.

Daicos is top 3 loose ball gets, first for midfielders.

Contested possessions and clearances have been shown and are very close.

Then Daicos is by far a better user than all of these listed, all have differing strengths. Neale and Serong elite ground ball players with superb clean hands and creativity. Cripps is a 195cm bull with power and an ability to get forward and create mismatches. Daicos is a great ball user, evasiveness, cleanliness and general class.

All great players, different but still strong in similar areas, doing it in different ways. Process v result and how that differs.
On a scale of 1 to 1000 those players would range from 9950 to 9975

Thats how I see how close they are

Hard ball gets are separate stat but out of good inside mids the difference isn’t large.

Serong - 3 / 14 CP / 8 CL
Neale - 3 / 13.5 CP / 7 CL
Cripps - 4 / 15 CP / 8 CL
Daicos - 2 / 14 CP / 8 CL

Definitely different but Daicos is still a strong midfielder without these, contested possessions still count and so do clearances.

Daicos is the best at cleanly gathering and reading the hitout in the league, which doesn’t count as a hard ball get, but shows elite stoppage craft.

Daicos is top 3 loose ball gets, first for midfielders.

Contested possessions and clearances have been shown and are very close.

Then Daicos is by far a better user than all of these listed, all have differing strengths. Neale and Serong elite ground ball players with superb clean hands and creativity. Cripps is a 195cm bull with power and an ability to get forward and create mismatches. Daicos is a great ball user, evasiveness, cleanliness and general class.

All great players, different but still strong in similar areas, doing it in different ways. Process v result and how that differs.
Daicos has probably legit squibbed about 20 contests alone this year. Maybe 3 or 4 have already gone viral on twitter in the afl circles. Most players don't squib to this degree once in a 15 year career. Daicos fails the eye test every single time when it comes to putting his body on the line.

Last 4 weeks could be very telling. Will decide who starts on the field, and who makes it and who doesn't.

If Cincotta doesn't play a hard tag on Daicos Carlton may as well just let Daicos roam free

Daicos has probably legit squibbed about 20 contests alone this year. Maybe 3 or 4 have already gone viral on twitter in the afl circles. Most players don't squib to this degree once in a 15 year career. Daicos fails the eye test every single time when it comes to putting his body on the line.
You could nitpick and say any player has, stats don’t lie, your opinion does.

On a scale of 1 to 1000 those players would range from 9950 to 9975

Thats how I see how close they are
Absolutely and midfielders aren’t ever as easy to rate anymore, they aren’t just outside players and inside types. Hybrids are the new norm, and they’re doing it in a thousand different ways.

Does he NEED to/is it in the teams best interest for him to be in contested marking position?

LOL

You obviously don’t watch much of your own side. Dees are full of marshmallows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Dale has pushed himself into the team. He’s had a better year than his 2021 AA year.

It would also be pretty criminal for Treloar to miss out. If Dogs finish top 4, it would help their chances.

Tough competition for HBF slot - Zorko, Clark, Dale, Whitfield, Holmes, Houston. Blakey can be put as a 3rd tall/pocket. All had AA calibre seasons, and can see any one of them missing out.

Treloar will get in.

How many midfielders are we expecting in the official team?

Got the 5 on the field and 4 on the bench. I think they can get away with putting Warner at HF but would be a little disappointed if they stuck a second midfielder in the forward line. Could see them putting Sheezel at half back but wouldn't love that.

Think I'd rank them as Bont, Cripps, Daicos and Heeney in the highest tier. Neale, Gulden and Serong in the level just below. Then going to be some unlucky players fighting for the last couple of spots. Feel like the midfield strength has been even stronger than the past few seasons.

How many midfielders are we expecting in the official team?

Got the 5 on the field and 4 on the bench. I think they can get away with putting Warner at HF but would be a little disappointed if they stuck a second midfielder in the forward line. Could see them putting Sheezel at half back but wouldn't love that.

Think I'd rank them as Bont, Cripps, Daicos and Heeney in the highest tier. Neale, Gulden and Serong in the level just below. Then going to be some unlucky players fighting for the last couple of spots. Feel like the midfield strength has been even stronger than the past few seasons.

Merrett has had a better year than many of those listed.

Everyone seems to have Gawn locked as Ruck but statistically there’s plenty of rucks that have been comparable or better when it comes to hitouts and Grundy and Marshall are there abouts or better for disposals.

Race is wide open for me with my AA ruck currently Grundy but any of Gawn, Xerri, Nank, Briggs, Marshall, Meek or OMac able to claim it with a big last 3 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back