2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Xerri has ben really good but he isn't getting in in front of Gawn

But his late season form has ben super impressive and that makes a lot of people forget about the first half of the season

It is. There's a reason every commentator says that the last kick is the most important in the chain and why teams like certain players ball in hand for it (Greene, Miers, Moore etc).

Score involvements and score launches are much more relevant for half backs
This is why I chose Birchall for my redraft, very similar stats to Dan Houston. Isaac Smith was also one of them.

The best half backs are the ones that influence plays, and scores. Imagine them running through the midfield/wing from CHB into the forward line. I think Johannisen was good for that too.

Blakey - Weitering - Clark
Dale - Andrews - Zorko
Gulden - Serong - Merrett
Bontempelli - Curnow - Heeney
Moore - Hogan - Stengle
Xerri - Daicos - Cripps

Treloar - Butters - Sheezel - Neale

Don’t think Warner has been better than any of the blokes on the bench.

Has he had a better season than Jason Horne-Francis? Has he been better than Will Day?

I’m talking about impact and influence on games (as opposed to stats and Hoynie’s magical ratings points)

Wow

Has Sheezel been better than Day?

I think the jury is back on that mate

With 3 round’s to go..I’ll probably cop it big time, but here we go:

FB: Jordan Clark-Jacob Weitering-Dan Houston

HB: Dayne Zorko-Harris Andrews-Lachie Whitfield

C: Errol Gulden-Patrick Cripps (C)-Zach Merrett

HF: Harry Sheezel-Joe Daniher-Isaac Heeney

FF: Dylan Moore-Jesse Hogan-Jake Waterman

R: Tristan Xerri-Marcus Bontempelli (VC)- Caleb Serong

Int: Lachie Neale-Adam Treloar-Zak Butters-Nick Daicos
It’s a bloody good go in fairness mate.

Only thing is there’s no way Daicos isn’t starting rover

Don't think he was suggesting Day in the AA team, just that impact is worth more than disposals. This is why I'll never rate Nic Martin
Que? Probably our second most damaging player behind Merrett

Day has only played 14 games
I think he's talking about impact on games not a selection for AA this season.
Day does more with his disposals than a half back who gets all his kicks defensive 50.

eth-dog, sorry I got players mixed up so I deleted it.

Day does more with his disposals than a half back who gets all his kicks defensive 50.

Sheezel is also more damaging

Very hard this year and will be debated well after it is released.
There will be plenty of worthy players that miss out.

Zorko - Weitering - Clark
Dale - Andrews - Whitfield
Gulden - Cripps - Merrett
Bont - Curnow - Heeney
Moore - Hogan - Waterman
Gawn - Treloar - Daicos

Serong - Butters - Holmes - Neale

Others
Houston - Sheezel - Blakey - Warner - Stengle - Xerri - Young and a few more.

Very hard this year and will be debated well after it is released.
There will be plenty of worthy players that miss out.

Zorko - Weitering - Clark
Dale - Andrews - Whitfield
Gulden - Cripps - Merrett
Bont - Curnow - Heeney
Moore - Hogan - Waterman
Gawn - Treloar - Daicos

Serong - Butters - Holmes - Neale

Others
Houston - Sheezel - Blakey - Warner - Stengle - Xerri - Young and a few more.
Jezza over Waterman every day of the week

Blakey - Weitering - Clark
Dale - Andrews - Zorko
Gulden - Serong - Merrett
Bontempelli - Curnow - Heeney
Moore - Hogan - Stengle
Xerri - Daicos - Cripps

Treloar - Butters - Sheezel - Neale

Don’t think Warner has been better than any of the blokes on the bench.
Neale on the Bench seriously guy should be captain and you name him on the bench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot the season started in round 13
The AA penal usually takes into account the last half of the season when players are neck and neck Clug has had a good season and is a goal kicking midfielder Rayner probably missing out this season though but I understand you dislike for Lions is probably as strong as my dislike for the Pies

The AA penal usually takes into account the last half of the season when players are neck and neck Clug has had a good season and is a goal kicking midfielder Rayner probably missing out this season though but I understand you dislike for Lions is probably as strong as my dislike for the Pies
Rayner is a goal kicking midfielder... But Heeney has kicked just as many goals as him if you account for his suspension and is better in pretty much every other facet of the game...

I don't have any feelings toward the Lions. It's just a terrible call by you. If the AA team went 66 players deep, Rayner would not make it. Clug would make a second team.

This just proves you don't watch Sheezel, he has not been at HBF since Round 8. Sheezel had 14 out 16 scorte involvements last week.... so thats not being damaging is it?

Seriously some of you people..

This just proves you don't watch Sheezel, he has not been at HBF since Round 8. Sheezel had 14 out 16 scorte involvements last week.... so thats not being damaging is it?

Seriously some of you people..
Where did I mention Sheezel in that post?

It’s going to be interesting to see how the AA selectors manage to fit in all of the Sydney Swans “locks” after their ordinary form over the second half of the season.

People always talk about “recency bias” when it comes to All Australian selection. But I reckon it’s the exact opposite. Deserving players who come on strong over the second half of the season often get left out due early season “lock em in” bias.
Unless there's a resurgence from Sydney in the last 3 games, they could end up outside top 4, with 4-5 in the AA squad and likely 2 selections.

Reckon Gulden is a lock

Heeney is in

Blakey is borderline

Warner is out but could get back in with 2+ big games

Grundy has fallen out of the conversation

(Pending their performance in the final 3 games relative to their peers)

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back