4. Toby Greene 67 (41/26)
5. Dylan Moore 66 (35/31)
6. Joe Daniher 64 (50/14)
7. Tyson Stengle 61 (42/19)
8. Jake Waterman 60 (53/7)
9. Kyle Langford 59 (43/16)
10. Ben King 58 (55/3)

First time I can remember the top 10 all finishing on different amounts

I feel like Greene has had a sneaky good season.

Probably my final crack

B: Nick Blakey - Jacob Weitering - Lachie Whitfield
HB: Bailey Dale - Jeremy McGovern - Dayne Zorko
C: Errol Gulden - Patrick Cripps (C) - Isaac Heeney
HF: Chad Warner - Jeremy Cameron - Marcus Bontempelli
F: Dylan Moore - Jesse Hogan - Charlie Curnow
R: Max Gawn - Nick Daicos - Lachie Neale (VC)
I: Caleb Serong - Zak Butters - Zach Merrett - Adam Treloar

Stiffest defenders: Harris Andrews, Jordan Clark, Sam Collins, Max Holmes, Dan Houston
Stiffest mids: Jason Horne-Francis, Harry Sheezel
Stiffest rucks: Tristan Xerri
Stiffest forwards: Jake Waterman, Tyson Stengle, Toby Greene

I don’t think he will make the team but I don’t think there has been a more damaging player with their possesions in a while than Hayden Young.

#38 in total possesions
#3 in inside 50’s
#4 in goal assists
#11 in score involvements

I don’t think he will make the team but I don’t think there has been a more damaging player with their possesions in a while than Hayden Young.

#38 in total possesions
#3 in inside 50’s
#4 in goal assists

I think he’s a top 10 midfielder this year. Huge year

Last edited:

#38 in total possesions
#3 in inside 50’s
#4 in goal assists
Miers 2023

#140 for disposals
#1 (by miles) for goal assists
#9 for score involvements

For midfielders he might be up there though.

Miers 2023

#140 for disposals

He’s. Great little player.

I’m hoping young can get top 20 in disposal next year…

We can make top four easily if that happens

#38 in total possesions
#3 in inside 50’s
#4 in goal assists
Gulden
#16 disposals
#3 kicks (no 1 if you remove Ryan and Zorkos kick outs)
#1 metres gained
#2 score involvements
#3 goal assists

And kicked more goals than young

Warner has a similar profile to young but with over 2x more goals.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Gulden
#16 disposals
#3 kicks (no 1 if you remove Ryan and Zorkos kick outs)
#1 metres gained
#2 score involvements
#3 goal assists

And kicked more goals than young

Warner has a similar profile to young but with over 2x more goals.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Yeah he has been on another level , I meant more on a per possession damage, also played first quarter of the year at half back as well. He is so high up on those stats you would just love it in his hands has great decision making and great skills, reminds me a bit of James Hird in some areas.

They won't leave Butters out the team

Houston has only missed 1 game but the competition for back flanks is tight so could fall just short.

JHF is incredibly close but you'd have to squeeze both him and Warner into the same team which is unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miers 2023

#140 for disposals

Miers in 2023 was incredible. Different profile of player though, he can't kick over a jam tin but is so creative. Young has an incredible penetrating kick and is a 6'2 midfielder who probably still has some of his frame to fill out though has been in the AFL for long enough that it probably should have happened. He's got a touch of the Mackie/Z.Guthrie I think

They won't leave Butters out the team

Houston has only missed 1 game but the competition for back flanks is tight so could fall just short.

JHF is incredibly close but you'd have to squeeze both him and Warner into the same team which is unlikely.
I didn't have JHF in the team 5 weeks ago, but his end to the season has been massive.

Deserves a spot in the 22, even if it is on the bench.

My team is:
FB: Sinclair, J.McGovern , Houston
HB: Sheezel, Andrews, Holmes
C: Gulden, Bontempelli (C), D'Ambrosio
HF: Warner, Curnow, Heeney
FF: Moore, Hogan, J.Cameron
R: Gawn, Cripps (VC), Neale
Int: N.Daicos, Serong, Butters, JHF

Can you grasp it? You keep talking about D'Ambrosio in comparison to a player that is retired in 2024 so how can it be purely about 2024. You even reference Smith from a decade ago.

Can I grasp it? You were the one that 'we'll go with his 2024 season'... I mean, he's got two 8 game seasons prior to this one. Were you going to go for one of those instead maybe?

And again, it's the 2024 AA side we're talking about here. So it's not going to be another year, is it?

Nothing D'Ambrosio has done in 2024 comes close to the other 3.

That is purile nonsense, it just means you haven't been watching.

But to prove how mindless your analysis is: who has had the most disposals in a season by their 3rd year, Duncan or D'Ambrosio?

You made the comparison, go look it up.

Massimo is at least the second best wing in the comp this year.

And he's not playing 3rd banana to better players who were drawing all the heat like Duncan did in the Geelong midfield and forwardline for his whole career.

We started this year as a shit team that rose on the backs of performances from D'Ambrosio and others. He didn't slot in with an armchair ride to buckets of cover from better players around him.

Go look at his contested possession count from rd. 1., not bad for a modern wing with pace to burn and a laser left foot.

Also note, his worst performances aren't in losses. Can you say the same of the guys you mentioned?

Max Gawn getting his 7th AA cements him as the greatest ruck of all time.

Never thought I'd see a better Melbourne Ruckman than Stynes, but Gawn is now well ahead.

Has the run of Cox and Stynes combined being one of the best-contested marks to play the game.

When he's referring to Isaac Smith in 2014 it is fair to assume he's talking over careers. Duncan in 2024 sure.
Duncan in his prime I'd take for field kicking over all bar a very select few. Brilliant user of the footy for close to a decade.

It was one of your fellow supporters that brought up those players. Deal with it.

lol wtf

Ambrosio would torch Merrett?

Mass is a gun young player and, but jesus..........i remember my first beer.

In 2024 he already has him covered for disposal efficiency - and it's really not even close.

Massimo is already winning more contested possessions in his first FULL year too. He's not far off Merrett's second full year either.

It's early doors here no doubt.

But push Merrett out into the wide open spaces against a guy with the speed and endurance that his former teammate does, and it would get interesting at a guess.

I didn't have JHF in the team 5 weeks ago, but his end to the season has been massive.

Deserves a spot in the 22, even if it is on the bench.

My team is:
FB: Sinclair, J.McGovern , Houston
HB: Sheezel, Andrews, Holmes
C: Gulden, Bontempelli (C), D'Ambrosio
HF: Warner, Curnow, Heeney
FF: Moore, Hogan, J.Cameron
R: Gawn, Cripps (VC), Neale
Int: N.Daicos, Serong, Butters, JHF

Daicos who has most likely won the Coaches Award and equal favourite for the Brownlow should not be on the bench. JHF in the squad but not in the team. Weitering in

In 2024 he already has him covered for disposal efficiency - and it's really not even close.

Massimo is already winning more contested possessions in his first FULL year too. He's not far off Merrett's second full year either.

It's early doors here no doubt.

But push Merrett out into the wide open spaces against a guy with the speed and endurance that his former teammate does, and it would get interesting at a guess.

has got him in disposal efficiency but loses nearly every other stat significantly. I mean Merrett Avgs 1/4 of Massimos disposals as tackles lol.

Now could Ambrosio be a better player in the future? Entirely possible.

But right now, it's not close. So your statement that Dambrosio "would torch Merrett" is ****ing laughable.

Daicos who has most likely won the Coaches Award and equal favourite for the Brownlow should not be on the bench. JHF in the squad but not in the team. Weitering in

Yeah, I'd be happy to swap N.Daicos on to the field for D'Ambrosio.

I honestly don't think Weitering has had that great of a year. Certainly the 2nd half of his season has been very average.
If I was going to bring in another tall defender I'd choose Sicily, Scrimshaw (seriously, not biased here) or even Sam Collins before Weitering.

has got him in disposal efficiency but loses nearly every other stat significantly. I mean Merrett Avgs 1/4 of Massimos disposals as tackles lol.

Now ould Ambrosio be a better player in the future? Entirely possible.

But right now, it's not close. So your statement that Dambrosio "would torch Merrett" is ****ing laughable.
Especially given Merrett would be close to the hardest working 2 way mid in the comp atm. His defensive running and ability to get up and back is absolutely elite.

Yeah, I'd be happy to swap N.Daicos on to the field for D'Ambrosio.

I honestly don't think Weitering has had that great of a year. Certainly the 2nd half of his season has been very average.
If I was going to bring in another tall defender I'd choose Sicily, Scrimshaw (seriously, not biased here) or even Sam Collins before Weitering.
Hawks fans have officially gone off the edge of sanity.

Massimo over peak Isaac Smith and Mitch Duncan

Scrimshaw over Weitering

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back