Preview 2024 Round 16 Sydney v Fremantle (SCG) 1.45pm (AEST) Sat 29 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably lose at least 1-2 of those sure wins. Can see GC finally winning one away against them. Agree on Saints and Crows. Who on earth knows against Melbourne if Melbourne defend that could be an ugly scrap of a game. Cats is 50-50 as it’s at the G and not in Geelong. They probably just make it but it will be just

They barely leave Victoria before the end of the season, I think they easily make it. Top 6.

Yeah Brisbane would be a great test at the Gabba, if we somehow win over there by our good ol 30 points again that is when the lid is off.

Assuming they would be in tip top form by then and not the shell of themselves.
Although I agree the regular season Gabba game will be huge test, the chance of us having to go to the Gabba come finals is remote, given likely ladder positions.

And for that, I am truly thankful.

In more immediate news - Freo supporters in the office here today are a glum bunch. They've basically conceded this game & the consensus is it'll be Fyfe's fault (along with the injury to Pearce).

Yeah Brisbane would be a great test at the Gabba, if we somehow win over there by our good ol 30 points again that is when the lid is off.

Assuming they would be in tip top form by then and not the shell of themselves.
I think the Lions are actually morphing into a stronger lineup due to the spate of ACLs. Other than Coleman (who has been adequately covered by Zorko), the other injured players were mainly role players who have been well and truly replaced. Lohmann and Morris have both seized their opportunity along with Reville who looks good too. They still have their excellent spine intact which is finally hitting it's straps and will be strengthened by the return of Ashcroft. I wouldn't be surprised that they will be the favourites by the time we play them at the end of July. Based on the quality of team, I fear the Lions the most, followed by Collingwood and Carlton, who will be difficult to beat in a final at the MCG.

Chatter that Brayshaw suffered a bad cork at training. Some doubt. I hope he’s ok, we need to play teams at full strength ! Maybe dockers rest him and write this game off.

Chatter that Brayshaw suffered a bad cork at training. Some doubt. I hope he’s ok, we need to play teams at full strength ! Maybe dockers rest him and write this game off.
I am disappointed if in fact this is the case.
I agree. We need to play teams at full strength.

I am with you with fast recoveries.

Probably lose at least 1-2 of those sure wins. Can see GC finally winning one away against them. Agree on Saints and Crows. Who on earth knows against Melbourne if Melbourne defend that could be an ugly scrap of a game. Cats is 50-50 as it’s at the G and not in Geelong. They probably just make it but it will be just

Dons will lose the next 3 and then hopefully the next 2 they are stuffed and drop 1 of Crows /Saints. Should have lost both of the previous meetings.

Freo, Suns, Swans and Lions is a tough finish too.

Think next 3 define their season but fingers crossed they miss.

Think they finish 6-8 unfortunately .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he will be ok. Apparently lost a toe nail in last weeks game and has been on light duties since. Only one writing this game off are us supporters…. but ya never know.

Apparently he will be ok. Apparently lost a toe nail in last weeks game and has been on light duties since. Only one writing this game off are us supporters…. but ya never know.

Why? beat us last year here, scoreline not as close as the game last time, Sydney due for a loss, Freo are a tempting bet

Yeah agreed, think I’d take the worst cork over that, any day of the week.

No idea how that happens with boots on. Not sure I want to know!

Re the Kings “Why?”…. not a lot went our way last game so there’s that, but you are so far ahead of everyone, at home, and we are without Pearce which is worse case scenario down back so we will have half a cheek out if you get my drift 😁. Our best defense will be to try and limit the entries and keep it outa there.

If we get up it’s going to be one cracking game.

Yeah agreed, think I’d take the worst cork over that, any day of the week.

No idea how that happens with boots on. Not sure I want to know!

Re the Kings “Why?”…. not a lot went our way last game so there’s that, but you are so far ahead of everyone, at home, and we are without Pearce which is worse case scenario down back so we will have half a cheek out if you get my drift 😁. Our best defense will be to try and limit the entries and keep it outa there.

If we get up it’s going to be one cracking game.

Oh my god did the toenail just rip off FFFFF

Hiya folks.

Our Freo board preview is up - be kind...

Hiya folks.

Our Freo board preview is up - be kind...

Terrific piece of work.

Why? beat us last year here, scoreline not as close as the game last time, Sydney due for a loss, Freo are a tempting bet
True, but we were missing both McCartin's, Melican, and then Mills was subbed off after 5 minutes during the game. We had Gould and Francis in defense out there that day...

Not sure what the story is with Melican for this week, but would think Hamling would come in if he misses?

Also, we have Grundy this time around.

Freo will be tough, but we are better placed than we were when we lost to them at SCG last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back