HB: O. Florent, H. Cunningham, M. Roberts
C: C. Mills - C, Ch.Warner, E. Gulden
HF: L. Parker, H. McLean, R. Fox
F: T. Adams, J. Amartey, W. Hayward
FOLL: B. Grundy, I. Heeney, J. Rowbottom

I/C: J. Lloyd, J. Jordon, B. Campbell, L. McDonald, C. Cleary
EMG: A. Francis, P. Ladhams, S. Wicks

IN: D. Rampe, J. Amartey, B. Campbell, C. Cleary
OUT: A. Francis (Omitted), S. Wicks (Omitted), P. Ladhams (Omitted), Co.Warner (Omitted)

MAGPIES

B: B. Frampton, D. Moore - C, B. Maynard
HB: J. Noble, J. Howe, N. Daicos
C: J. Bytel, J. Crisp, J. Daicos
HF: B. Hill, L. Schultz, J. Elliott
F: B. McCreery, D. McStay, W. Hoskin-Elliott
FOLL: D. Cameron, S. Pendlebury, S. Sidebottom

I/C: P. Lipinski, I. Quaynor, N. Long, J. Richards, M. Cox
EMG: N. Kreuger, L. Sullivan, W. Parker

IN: J. Richards
OUT: J. De Goey (Injured)

Umpires
Jamie Broadbent (20), Nathan Williamson (22), Andre Gianfagna (27), Jacob Mollison (32)​
Recent Games at SCG
(won 4 of last 6 games since 2017)

DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Preliminary Finals, 17 Sep 2022SCGSydney defeats Collingwood95-94S. Pendlebury 29
J. Crisp 29
T. Papley 3
Round 22, 14 Aug 2022SCGSydney defeats Collingwood77-50C. Mills 29L. Franklin 3
Round 9, 15 May 2021SCGSydney defeats Collingwood72-42B. Maynard 29I. Heeney 3
Round 10, 24 May 2019SCGSydney defeated by Collingwood73-80A. Treloar 38S. Reid 6
Round 20, 4 Aug 2018SCGSydney defeats Collingwood73-71T. Adams 32L. Franklin 6
Round 3, 7 Apr 2017SCGSydney defeated by Collingwood79-80J. Lloyd 34A. Fasolo 4
Bloods by 31 points
SHAKE DOWN THE THUNDER

#ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods #SYD150

Admittedly I am bias. I really like him and I think our midfield has been arse for weeks now. But I do hope we give Cleary some rotations on the inside. Collingwood aren't a bad side but there aren't many better midfields to essentially debut a kid against.

Or put it this way - I don't think we have anything to lose by doing it. I think Cleary would surprise a few.

Grundy to go full Clark Griswold and say **** you to his employer (the Collingwood Football Club, who are still paying him.)

Rowbottom to continue making Collingwood his absolute bunnies. Polled 3 POTY votes or more in three of his last four games against the Pies, and Craig McCrae is lying in bed awake RIGHT NOW wishing he could replace the Father/Son rule with the Childhood Supporter rule.

McLean to put on a contested marking clinic so dominant BT will make at least 75 references to the Wayne Carey days (and will also accidentally call McLean 'McCartin' or 'McDonald' at least twice.)

Adams to sit on Nick Daicos so effectively the Collingwood fans on Twitter will be calling for tagging to be banned, for bringing the game into disrepute. He needs to be careful he doesn't sit on Daicos too heavily so as to flatten him altogether. Daicos is already having trouble fighting the 'one-dimensional' accusations.

Swans by 318 points.

images.jpg

And so dear reader as we contemplate another defining moment in our season, we must follow the example of the African Bullfrog and defend our ground against intruders.

the message.jpg

The African Bullfrog will attack and devour friend and foe alike.
It will defend it's territory with a brutality and viciousness to bring fear to all those around it.

We shall triumph over the unwashed and unworthy and we shall smite them and leave their entrails upon the ground as a warning to all future opponents.

Swans by 18.

I'm pretty resigned to be honest.

Want to either see a response that makes me hope for the future, of a capitulation so massive that heads HAVE to roll.

Admittedly I am bias. I really like him and I think our midfield has been arse for weeks now. But I do hope we give Cleary some rotations on the inside. Collingwood aren't a bad side but there aren't many better midfields to essentially debut a kid against.
He had a full debut several weeks ago and went completely unsighted. It was very disappointing and now makes me hesitant about him.

None of the VFL youngsters have taken their chances this year. I thought Mitchell was downright horrific in his debut and Warner keeps looking not quite good enough for AFL. Sheldrick can't even get a game anymore. McAndrew has completely disappeared. It's kind of worrying just how thin out depth is. There is literally no one to get genuinely excited about in our reserves.

He had a full debut several weeks ago and went completely unsighted. It was very disappointing and now makes me hesitant about him.

None of the VFL youngsters have taken their chances this year. I thought Mitchell was downright horrific in his debut and Warner keeps looking not quite good enough for AFL. Sheldrick can't even get a game anymore. McAndrew has completely disappeared. It's kind of worrying just how thin out depth is. There is literally no one to get genuinely excited about in our reserves.
In large part, I agree.

I’d just offer that Snell looks very promising to me, whilst my views on Gus are well known …. but he needs some luck with injury. Cleary could be a solid player in time.

I’m not quite as bullish on Edwards as some. But I’m often wrong.

Beyond that - I agree there’s not a lot that screams “get excited”.

After last week, I wanted mass changes. But realistically, there’s not a lot of viable options.

Last edited:
We will win easing up. Cue in the rack time at the end of the third quarter.

Pies looked cooked in Q4. We’ve had a good refresh this week.

Don’t just take my word for it, the whole afl tipster panel, all 11 of them tipping the swans.

I like fast playerrrrrrrrrs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is two games as sub a full debut?

Which Swans are we going to get tonight? When they open their pre game box of chocolates I hope they all select the hard centred ones.

wtf chance of rain? thought it was going to be good weather. argh.
Might help us, though usually you have to be good in the contest if it's wet so... Doesn't look like a lot of rain, if any.

If it's slippery, put Rowy, Parker and Adams into the mids in operation get it forward. Have Fox and one of the keys on Moore and Frampton to bring it to ground.

I feel as confident about this game going into around the 10th game of Sydney v Collingwood in the mid to late 2000's where Roos allowed Lumumba to do whatever the hell he liked for the 10th time in a row, with us and us alone able to make him look like a superstar.

I thought Corey W took his chances, but think about it, he was brought in at the very worst time of the year, when the whole of the rest of the team was crapping the bed. His first game against Brisbane he got 16 disposals, 10th most in the team and most on here thought he was pretty good. It could not have been a more difficult game to come in for. Then he gets the Dogs on song, gets 13 disposals and an important goal. And finally he gets thrown in to last weekends debacle. Not his fault but Longmire scapegoats him.

His replacement Cleary will be a decent player in time but the last time he played he was anonymous. He has issues with his disposal and in my opinion is a downgrade atm. Corey should be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back