Captains 2024 Round 22 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lachlan Whitfield perma-C (for those of us too poor / stupid to be rocking a reassuringly expensive. Marcus Bonteles Bontelempi like all of you unimaginative gimps.
30 pts less scored, but 150 points more earned
Your generation doesn't know the meaning of hard work.

Didn't share my thoughts last week due to finals, however this week since I'm in prelims I can!

RoundPlayerC or VCScoreRolling Average
1BontempelliC
126​
2BontempelliC
136​
3GawnVC
177​
4HeeneyC
165​
5GawnVC
138​
6BontempelliVC
125​
7GawnVC
162​
8SerongC
137​
9BontempelliC
135​
10RyanVC
122​
11MerettC
119​
12BontempelliVC
186​
13GawnC
132​
14ZorkoVC
141​
15MerettC
135​
16BontempelliVC
157​
17SerongC
84​
18ButtersC
120​
19BontempelliC
122​
20SheezelVC
160​
21BontempelliVC
182​

Back over a 140 captain average which is nice.

This week I think is pretty easy. You obviously have to go Bont C. The next step is the VC's.

Sydney vs Collingwood
Gulden would be my choice from here. Pies don't tag, Gulden the only Sydney mid in form. However with Sydneys poor performance I wouldn't touch him.

Naicos not a consideration as I think he'll cop a tag. Bad track record against Sydney too.

Brisbane vs GWS
Lots worth rolling the dice on in this game. The question is... who does Bedford go to? It'll probably be Neale, so I'd rule him out.
Zorko at the Gabba is hard to ignore. He only dropped 56 against GWS last time but spent a lot of time playing up forward.
Tom Green absolutely smashed Brisbane dropping 159 last time. Not quite convinced he's worth a VC roll of the dice though.
Whitfield. Stupid sexy Whitfield. I think he'll get a bit more attention this week, his form is outrageously good and I really don't like going after the players that have put up really big scores week after week because opposition coaches start to notice.

North vs West Coast
Sheezel copped a lot of attention last week after his blistering form and still managed to go 105. He his form against West Coast is excellent too. I also really enjoy targetting West Coast, RIchmond and Geelong midfields. It's very unlikely West Coast tag him so he's my leading candidate for VC.

If you have Xerri, he's a great VC. Don't own him so wouldn't consider.

Freo vs Geelong
Serong the only one really worth considering here. His form at Optus has been decent this year outside of when he's being tagged. The only knock is he's been really down on form the last 6 weeks with only 1 score over 115.

Essendon vs Gold Coast
Flanders, RIP his tonne streak. Essendon mids are pretty good at stopping opposition mids from going crazy this year so it's hard to consider any of the GC mids.
Merrett. Gold Coast notably do not tag and an untagged Merrett is a weapon. However he has been sharing the load with quite a lot of other mids so I'm not sure he's worth VCing.

Melbourne vs Port
Gawn. He's still dropping good scores despite playing injured. Ports rucks are pretty dreadful but with Melbournes season basically over I don't have the balls to VC him.
Butters. May cop an ANB tag but I doubt it. We saw what Bont did to the Melbourne mids last week, you have to strongly consider Butters.

Carlton vs Hawthorn
Meh all round here. Don't think you ever VC Cripps or Walsh as Hawks mids are pretty good defensively.

Richmond vs St Kilda
Sinclair would be an excellent VC option but you can't loop with Bont in time. Consider him for C if you want a POD.

Final VC order:
1) Sheezel (Xerri instead if you own him)
2) Butters
3) Zorko
4) Merrett
5) Whitfield

C: Bont.

Didn't share my thoughts last week due to finals, however this week since I'm in prelims I can!

RoundPlayerC or VCScoreRolling Average
1BontempelliC
126​
2BontempelliC
136​
3GawnVC
177​
4HeeneyC
165​
5GawnVC
138​
6BontempelliVC
125​
7GawnVC
162​
8SerongC
137​
9BontempelliC
135​
10RyanVC
122​
11MerettC
119​
12BontempelliVC
186​
13GawnC
132​
14ZorkoVC
141​
15MerettC
135​
16BontempelliVC
157​
17SerongC
84​
18ButtersC
120​
19BontempelliC
122​
20SheezelVC
160​
21BontempelliVC
182​

Back over a 140 captain average which is nice.

This week I think is pretty easy. You obviously have to go Bont C. The next step is the VC's.

Sydney vs Collingwood
Gulden would be my choice from here. Pies don't tag, Gulden the only Sydney mid in form. However with Sydneys poor performance I wouldn't touch him.

Naicos not a consideration as I think he'll cop a tag. Bad track record against Sydney too.

Brisbane vs GWS
Lots worth rolling the dice on in this game. The question is... who does Bedford go to? It'll probably be Neale, so I'd rule him out.
Zorko at the Gabba is hard to ignore. He only dropped 56 against GWS last time but spent a lot of time playing up forward.
Tom Green absolutely smashed Brisbane dropping 159 last time. Not quite convinced he's worth a VC roll of the dice though.
Whitfield. Stupid sexy Whitfield. I think he'll get a bit more attention this week, his form is outrageously good and I really don't like going after the players that have put up really big scores week after week because opposition coaches start to notice.

North vs West Coast
Sheezel copped a lot of attention last week after his blistering form and still managed to go 105. He his form against West Coast is excellent too. I also really enjoy targetting West Coast, RIchmond and Geelong midfields. It's very unlikely West Coast tag him so he's my leading candidate for VC.

If you have Xerri, he's a great VC. Don't own him so wouldn't consider.

Freo vs Geelong
Serong the only one really worth considering here. His form at Optus has been decent this year outside of when he's being tagged. The only knock is he's been really down on form the last 6 weeks with only 1 score over 115.

Essendon vs Gold Coast
Flanders, RIP his tonne streak. Essendon mids are pretty good at stopping opposition mids from going crazy this year so it's hard to consider any of the GC mids.
Merrett. Gold Coast notably do not tag and an untagged Merrett is a weapon. However he has been sharing the load with quite a lot of other mids so I'm not sure he's worth VCing.

Melbourne vs Port
Gawn. He's still dropping good scores despite playing injured. Ports rucks are pretty dreadful but with Melbournes season basically over I don't have the balls to VC him.
Butters. May cop an ANB tag but I doubt it. We saw what Bont did to the Melbourne mids last week, you have to strongly consider Butters.

Carlton vs Hawthorn
Meh all round here. Don't think you ever VC Cripps or Walsh as Hawks mids are pretty good defensively.

Richmond vs St Kilda
Sinclair would be an excellent VC option but you can't loop with Bont in time. Consider him for C if you want a POD.

Final VC order:
1) Sheezel (Xerri instead if you own him)
2) Butters
3) Zorko
4) Merrett
5) Whitfield

C: Bont.

I shouldn’t jinx him but Brayshaw is flying at the minute from Freo.

3 round average of 137
5 round average of 127

Loving his form of late, has been a super POD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All donuts playing in the first 4 games (WDawson, Krueger, Livingstone, Clark)
Has to be Sheez into Bont.

I think Sheezle should score Big against the Eagles. They have a caretaker coach and playing the kids now so won't tag. With Dowling it makes the loop easy with Bont now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back